YesNoOk

RAINBOW! R. Mika Released! (Update 08/20/2018) (Read 20778 times)

Started by Yuko, July 30, 2018, 05:00:10 am
Share this topic:
RAINBOW! R. Mika Released! (Update 08/20/2018)
New #1  July 30, 2018, 05:00:10 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

Rainbow Mika has been updated (08/20/2018) again. Major changes:

Added alternate mediafire link in my site
Replacing sounds / changing effects (again)
Fixed cancels (again) and combo ability
Changed command for Rainbow Cyclone
Fixed some sprites with wrong color
Color Separated Midnight Bliss sprites
Changed all CLSN to look more like in SFA3
Re-aligned some sprites
Fixed Ring cut-off
Tweaked some moves
EX Wingless Airplane now can connect with opponent in falling state (good for combos :D)
Added AfterImage on EX Moves (can be disabled in config.txt)
Changed AfterImage on Custom Combo to look more like SFA3 V-ISM (can be changed in config.txt)
Changed default palette
Changed portrait

Screenshots:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

video (outdated) (thanks (again) to gui007):
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Download remains the same, get her on my site

Please tell me if you find bugs!
Have fun!
Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 08:30:54 pm by DeathScythe
Re: RAINBOW! R. Mika Released!
#2  July 30, 2018, 05:44:50 am
    • Canada
Quite nice for a starting character, good job!

I'll start with feedback that should be easy to fix:
- Step sounds during run sounds off (For your case, set the step sound timings to will be AnimElem 4 and 9)
- Change the slam sounds during throws (Set it to the sound "1,5" the one used for roundhouses)
- Hip Buster's slam FX is too far back
- Change the sound of the mashing hits of Headbutt (Just set it to "1,2" like the last hit)
- Change the sound of the mashing hits of Daydream Headlock (You can find a more appropriate sound to use in Raiden by Knuckles8864 or E.Honda by POTS)
- Shooting Peach doesn't connect on crouching opponents? (Set the "hitflag" from HAF to MAF)
- Paradise Hold and Sardine's Beach Special are completely silent? (Unless it was like that in the source?)
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects
#3  July 30, 2018, 06:03:09 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

I have no idea why I used HAF in the hitdef, I'll fix it. And yes, in SFA3 they are silent (most of her moves are).

About the rest, I'll fix too. Thank you for the feedback ;D

EDIT: Oh, I also forgotten to include her LV3 super in the Read Me, I'll fix that too.
EDIT2: Now that you mentioned, Sardine's Beach and Paradise Hold should have a sound for when she touches the ground (running or landing), I might have forgot to add it, I'll fix.
Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 06:20:01 am by DeathScythe
#4  July 30, 2018, 06:14:27 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I can do a video in few hours if you want. :)
Ah, thanks for the beta, i'll give a try.
#5  July 30, 2018, 06:15:09 am
awesome man! testing!
#6  July 30, 2018, 06:58:29 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
nice release DeathScythe
 I will test your character when I have more free time :D becuase Im kinda busy working on Akito's CSV mugen screen back, but once I do have more free time I sure to give you my thought of your character. so for the time being please keep up the awesome creation your doing :hyo:
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 07:02:05 am by OldGamer
#7  July 30, 2018, 06:59:13 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
That's quite neat for a beta. Here is some feedback:
-I seemingly just can't execute Heavenly Dynamite with its normal command. Well, maybe there is a problem with my fingers, though, so you MAY ignore it. But I'm just saying: even though this command is hardass I at least sometimes can succeed in executing it.
-Somehow it's quite hard to make Mika execute exactly Missile Kick instead of Moonsault Press.
-Both finishers for LVL1 Sardine's Beach Special kan miss Mika herself if she was struck with Dageki: Mika Sliding. Somehow on MAX versions, this works fine. I suggest you remake this move in Custom States later when you'll get more experienced since in the way it's now every character with quick get-ups are going to evade that.
-You can Super Cancel LVL1 Rainbow Hip Rush in landing moments into LVL1 supers. Not a trait for a clear P.o.T.S. style, where you shall cancel LVL1 into LVL2 only.
-Besides, that link is useless anyway since enemy by that time is already lying on the ground, meaning that no other super will possibly hit him. It would have much more sense if I could combo not AFTER flying butt, but BEFORE it.
-This is not something I REAKKY know, but, AFAIK, one of Dodge attacks must knock an enemy back, but another one shall be a cancelable into a special move hit. I see the first one in Kick, but I can't combo from the punch.
-You can combo Standing Light Punch, Crouching Light Punch, and Crouching Light Kick into the same Light Attacks + Standing Light Kick, which can lead to breaking Punch's startup time with another startup if you're button mashing, which, of course, gives the enemy more punishing power.
-Do some more researching on Mika's combo ability, you got Cancels of Normal Moves into Specials and Supers wrong. Try to read THIS.
-You listed Rainbow Assault in Readme's Move Details but forgot to list it in Commands.
-Not exactly a feedback, but opinion: that Rainbow Assault is weak, dude. I mean, we have Warisaki's Zangief's cool LVL3, where you could do a simple role-reversal with just different ideas for moves... We have Warusaki's Mika's Copy-paste of Alex's super (he even made her do a slash of his for that... No need to, but this is already a nice playground for imagination). Hell, we even have unmade, but ready and waiting for that SF5 super, which could be done, even though with some cut-downs and edits for Mika's sprites into Nadeshiko... I mean, we kinda have all the necessary sprites for editing. Yes, it looks kinda sloppy but good enough. So, just suggestion: start thinking again about a new LVL3. You can do a MUCH more here than you did already.
#8  July 30, 2018, 07:35:20 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

Ok, I did some fixes.
- Changed slam sounds on throws
- Changed sounds on Daydream Headlock
- Changed FX in the wrong place
- Fixed sound on running
- Added running sound to Sardine's Beach
- Added stopping sound and dust to Sardine's Beach (when she stops running)
- Fixed hitflag on Shooting Peach

Updated the download link in my site.

I can do a video in few hours if you want. :)
Ah, thanks for the beta, i'll give a try.

I would love it, I'll even add it in my site and in the first post, if you do, and thank you! :D

awesome man! testing!

nice release DeathScythe
 I will test your character when I have more free time :D becuase Im kinda busy working on Akito's CSV mugen screen back, but once I do have more free time I sure to give you my thought of your character. so for the time being please keep up the awesome creation your doing :hyo:

Thanks! I hope you guys enjoy!

- I can do the default command for Heavenly Dynamite perfectly here, I just jump and press F, D, B, U, F, D, B, and when she lands, P. Though I still prefer the easier version.
- Try to hold k (safe), or mash k, it works for me.
- This is why I used custom states on MAX version so the opponent can't get up quick. I did it on purpose on lv1 so the opponent can avoid being hit, I thought it was too powerful for a lv1 super, so I did a 100% hit only in MAX version.
- About the links and cancels, yeah, they are something I have some difficult with. I might fix that and the other things you mentioned.
- Yes, I forgot to list it, my bad, but I already fixed it xD
- And here, man, I agree with you, I can say, I wanted to something way more cool, something like the Mika you showed me, OR her SFV super, I even said that on my WIP thread, but I still need Nadeshiko sprites (if someone could send me, I'll do it for sure). I confess I was lazy to create a good lv3 super since she doesn't have one in SFA3, and I also didn't want to copy it from Warusaki's Mika. I wanted my Mika to have at least 2 different lv3 supers. I'll work on it when I have more time.
Thanks for the feedback!
Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 07:38:22 am by DeathScythe
#9  July 30, 2018, 08:07:35 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#10  July 30, 2018, 08:24:04 am
  • Sr. Símio Enfermo
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/people/Manson-Rees/100027897993934
I know it is just a aesthetic thing, but could you put some effects in the first win animation?
Something like this maybe:
Code:
[State 181, Landing]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = AnimElem = 6
value = 52,0
volumescale = 20

[State 181, Dust]
type = Explod
trigger1 = AnimElem = 6
anim = 8102
sprpriority = -3
postype = p1
scale = 0.4, 0.4
pausemovetime = -1
supermovetime = -1
ownpal = 1

I would love it, I'll even add it in my site and in the first post, if you do, and thank you! :D

So here it is! ;)

That's fast! XD
Let's watch.
#11  July 30, 2018, 09:39:24 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Great release, here's my feedback on the character.

-The intro where's she jumps off the ring, taunt, both win animations, standing MK and standing HK doesn't have the 8102 landing effect when she touches the ground.
-The win animation where she ties the tire on her waist and runs should have running sound fx.
-There's no sliding sound fx when she performs the crouching HK.
-Remove the 9000, 2 select portrait as it's not part of the character.

Will post more if I find anything else. Overall, this is very good for a first character. Great job. :)
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#12  July 30, 2018, 12:41:52 pm
I can cancel the light punch with itself before it even connects.
#13  July 30, 2018, 06:46:31 pm
    • Canada
Great work on fixing the feedback!

Found more things:
- c.MP stops moving forwards when next to the opponent (Looks weird. There's a VelSet in the move that does this)
- Heavenly Dynamite still has jab sounds

- This is why I used custom states on MAX version so the opponent can't get up quick. I did it on purpose on lv1 so the opponent can avoid being hit, I thought it was too powerful for a lv1 super, so I did a 100% hit only in MAX version.
- Just give the custom states to the Lvl 1 version as it's not as powerful as you may think. It's a evasive, high/low mixup that does a fair amount of damage but it's very unsafe on block and it can still lose to invincible reversals.

-The intro where's she jumps off the ring, taunt, both win animations, standing MK and standing HK doesn't have the 8102 landing effect when she touches the ground.
- I feel standing MK and standing HK are already okay without landing effects. That might be me though.

Current Project: ????? ???
Projects
#14  July 30, 2018, 06:55:01 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Not bad, not much else to add that other people haven't already said, but there are a few things I noticed.

- Mika gets meter back on the last hit of Rainbow Assault, and on the primary and secondary attacks on Sardine's Beach Special.
- Kind of a nitpicky thing, but the MAX versions of the super finish font doesn't have to have MAX in the title =P If that's how you want it though, it's fine.
#15  July 31, 2018, 01:15:50 am
  • Namudabiabitsú
  • Misete aru char
    • Brazil
    • rodtri@gmail.com
Amazing work, I hope good editions in the future.
Não crio nenhum char apenas os baixo e faço pequenas modificações para os mugen's que eu posso e o meu estilo favorito de char são o POTS ( Phantom of the server) e INFINITE.
#16  July 31, 2018, 01:38:40 pm
    • China
nice work,go on
Re: RAINBOW! R. Mika Released! (Update 08/05/2018)
#17  August 06, 2018, 12:34:13 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

Rainbow Mika updated. Fixed many things, including everything (at least I think) from your feedback. I also edited the first post with some informations. Tell me if you find any bugs!

EDIT: damn, I just found a bug in her intro, I'm going to fix it real quick. <- Fixed.
Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 03:26:49 am by DeathScythe
#18  August 06, 2018, 03:45:58 am
awesome man will redownload her!
#19  August 06, 2018, 07:25:43 am
#20  August 06, 2018, 05:56:58 pm
thank you for this release

Great job.