YesNoOk

Ripping Sprites from Knights of Valour 2 New Legend and 3, and Oriental Legend 2 (Read 30852 times)

Started by Gigaflare Cufflings, March 04, 2018, 02:44:57 am
Share this topic:
Ripping Sprites from Knights of Valour 2 New Legend and 3, and Oriental Legend 2
New #1  March 04, 2018, 02:44:57 am
    • USA
Dear N,
I made this topic because I was wondering if you can make sprites ripping cheat files for Knights of Valour 3, Knights of Valour 2 New Legend, and Oriental Legend 2, because the PGM2 roms were able to work on the mame 0.195 emulator when I tested them out. If you are able to read this N, can please you give me some good advice and help me out here.  Thanks!

P.S. I also uploaded the MAME Emulator 0.195 with the PGM2 roms inside on Mediafire here's the link for it:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cbprm5dzdd4743e/mame0195b_64bit.zip
Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 06:10:56 am by Gigaflare Cufflings

N.

Re: Ripping Sprites from Knights of Valour 2 New Legend and 3, and Oriental Legend 2
#2  March 12, 2018, 08:19:37 pm
Gigaflare Cufflings: You should've tagged me in this post or sent me a PM.  I just noticed this.  I was working on them on and off once I found out MAME could emulate them (PGM's kind of annoying to find things in sometimes).

I think KoV3's mostly done, with the exception of a sound player cheat (don't know if I'll find one).  Area mod doesn't work in MAME, and didn't find an enemy test.

Oriental Legend 2's partially done (have to find position mods to make it easier to rip BG object stuff).  This one has an enemy test.
1 Last Updated: 4/19/23
2 Last Updated: 1/16/21
3 Last Updated: 04/20/23
4 Last Updated: 7/16/17
Re: Ripping Sprites from Knights of Valour 2 New Legend and 3, and Oriental Legend 2
#3  March 12, 2018, 09:31:36 pm
    • USA
Gigaflare Cufflings: You should've tagged me in this post or sent me a PM.  I just noticed this.  I was working on them on and off once I found out MAME could emulate them (PGM's kind of annoying to find things in sometimes).

I think KoV3's mostly done, with the exception of a sound player cheat (don't know if I'll find one).  Area mod doesn't work in MAME, and didn't find an enemy test.

Oriental Legend 2's partially done (have to find position mods to make it easier to rip BG object stuff).  This one has an enemy test.

That was my fault man, I hope that I didn't pressure you into you doing favors that you didn't want to do. Next time, I'll be sure to private message or tag you in a post in case I needed help with topics with sprite ripping. I sincerely apologize for that.

N.

#4  March 12, 2018, 10:59:27 pm
It's cool.  I was planning on trying my hand at them because I did the previous games.  I'd have attempted it sooner, had the modded version of MAME let me use the debugger.

Here's KoV3:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/44su23

Position modding the BG objects sucks, BTW.  This game uses 1 1/2 byte values for these, so there ends up being some overlap when you attempt to use the position/color set mods.
#5  March 12, 2018, 11:28:46 pm
    • USA
It's cool.  I was planning on trying my hand at them because I did the previous games.  I'd have attempted it sooner, had the modded version of MAME let me use the debugger.

Here's KoV3:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/44su23

Position modding the BG objects sucks, BTW.  This game uses 1 1/2 byte values for these, so there ends up being some overlap when you attempt to use the position/color set mods.

No problem N, i'm about to go ahead and put it into action.

N.

#6  March 13, 2018, 04:52:48 am
I added something to force the players/enemies to face the same direction (noticed things weren't displaying properly in OL2 when you faced left) for the sprite mods for KoV3.  May have to go fix the BG object lists (might be easier to find something to affect the camera and then hide everything but what you want to rip).

Oriental Legend 2
Knights of Valour 3
New #7  March 13, 2018, 05:17:12 am
    • USA
Hmmm, this may take some time to rip what I can from Oriental Legend 2 with this cheat file, but nice work my friend! :)
Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:50:43 am by Gigaflare Cufflings