YesNoOk

TMNT Leonardo by R@CE AKIR@ Updated 12/10/2018 (Read 17965 times)

Started by R@CE AKIR@, November 18, 2018, 03:26:39 am
Share this topic:
TMNT Leonardo by R@CE AKIR@ Updated 12/10/2018
#1  November 18, 2018, 03:26:39 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 06:54:08 am by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
Re: TMNT Leonardo by R@CE AKIR@
#2  November 18, 2018, 03:43:10 am
Good to see you back Race !

Some feedback
His hitboxes can be a lot better most of his normals have insane priority.

When you activate CC the standing fierce kick should have a limiter on it he can do loads of damage by just spamming it  if not blocked.

The spinning swords special is really safe (the EX one is super fast and from what I got it cant be punished and in my case I can barely react to it)

Some other nitpicks here and there but overall its fucking Leo !
I know this is Infinite style but adding a window and removing some of his cancels will do him wonders.
Good job on Leo and the effects they seem crisp.

Im gonna assume some of the lacking animations are due to sprites not being available.
Take a peek at this
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/tmnt-tournament-fighter-based-sprites-173832.0.html
#3  November 18, 2018, 03:44:14 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
He looks freaking awesome. This has probably been asked already, but are you going to do all the turtles or its just Leo?
Lasagna
#4  November 18, 2018, 03:53:37 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
Dope as hell
#5  November 18, 2018, 04:20:33 am
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Good to see you back Race !

Some feedback
His hitboxes can be a lot better most of his normals have insane priority.

When you activate CC the standing fierce kick should have a limiter on it he can do loads of damage by just spamming it  if not blocked.

The spinning swords special is really safe (the EX one is super fast and from what I got it cant be punished and in my case I can barely react to it)

Some other nitpicks here and there but overall its fucking Leo !
I know this is Infinite style but adding a window and removing some of his cancels will do him wonders.
Good job on Leo and the effects they seem crisp.

Im gonna assume some of the lacking animations are due to sprites not being available.
Thanks dude, glad you like him..

- About the hitboxes, I admit I'm not the best with that and so I just did whatever I felt like at the time.
-The Standing Kick I wasn't aware of but thanks, that's a good find. I'll make sure to add some dampener on there.
(Went ahead and fixed the CC Standing kick damage issue real quick so if you downloaded him, redownload for that fix)
-His swords actually speed up like that in the game he is from. I kept it like so for combos but I will take a look at it
-Sorry but I don't plan on removing the cancels as I like how they are. Usually I don't let my chars cancel into the same super but I was playing with it and loved the combos I could pull off so I left it there.
-Thanks the FX I hand picked and put in bit by bit to fit every detail.
-The lack of animations is not due to me not having the spritesheet. I just decided to use the original SNES sprites that were available to me at the time. And in that spritesheet most of them I've already used for gameplay mechanics and others I plan on using for a different version of the character.This is why not everything on that spritesheet is used.

He looks freaking awesome. This has probably been asked already, but are you going to do all the turtles or its just Leo?
Thanks and yes I have future plans on doing so

Dope as hell

Thanks man
Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 04:54:15 am by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
#6  November 18, 2018, 05:34:15 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
It's always been a tiny nitpick of mine, but I've always found KO.echo being enabled to be a bit of an earsore.  At least turning it off is trivial.
#7  November 18, 2018, 06:00:07 am
    • USA
It's always been a tiny nitpick of mine, but I've always found KO.echo being enabled to be a bit of an earsore.  At least turning it off is trivial.

Not really an issue. That's more of a personal preference. I cut it on because that's how it was in the source game but I might edit the sound of it to sound more cvs like in an update
Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 06:14:09 am by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
#8  November 18, 2018, 06:04:42 am
  • I'm a japanese mugen user. I'm not good at English
    • Japan
Wow... Welcome back, Mr.R@ce!!!
#9  November 18, 2018, 06:18:16 am
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
hello everybody.
I will get him.

#10  November 18, 2018, 06:37:50 am
  • The other Indian
    • India

He gets stuck in the air and continues on a different fighting plane all together.
#11  November 18, 2018, 06:51:14 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Just tested the character and I must say, I definitely enjoying this version of Leo more. Here's my feedback on the character:

-All of Leonardo's attacks that used his swords has no guard sound fx.
-His standing, jumping, crouching HPs, and his crouching LP and MP uses a special guard spark instead of a normal one.
-The LVL 3 super activation sound when he uses Baku-Shikouken is a second off.
-I didn't notice it until way later, but the landing fx is supposed to be the same one used for the fall fx (8102). All of PotS's newer style characters used that effect for the landing, not the old one which was used on his older characters (8106). That also goes with all of your other characters as well.
-Last but not least, a suggestion. Since NetherRealm Studios added the TMNT into Injustice 2, any plans to add the voices from that game into your turtles as an option for the voice in the config file? Like Infinite's characters, it would nice to have a choice between the custom voice or the Injustice 2 voice.

That's all for now. Can't wait for the rest of the other turtles.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#12  November 18, 2018, 07:50:26 am
    • USA
Wow... Welcome back, Mr.R@ce!!!

Hey! and Thanks dude

He gets stuck in the air and continues on a different fighting plane all together.

I havent encountered this. Please explain how you did this so i can find out the issue of what's causing it.

Just tested the character and I must say, I definitely enjoying this version of Leo more. Here's my feedback on the character:

-All of Leonardo's attacks that used his swords has no guard sound fx.
-His standing, jumping, crouching HPs, and his crouching LP and MP uses a special guard spark instead of a normal one.
-The LVL 3 super activation sound when he uses Baku-Shikouken is a second off.
-I didn't notice it until way later, but the landing fx is supposed to be the same one used for the fall fx (8102). All of PotS's newer style characters used that effect for the landing, not the old one which was used on his older characters (8106). That also goes with all of your other characters as well.
-Last but not least, a suggestion. Since NetherRealm Studios added the TMNT into Injustice 2, any plans to add the voices from that game into your turtles as an option for the voice in the config file? Like Infinite's characters, it would nice to have a choice between the custom voice or the Injustice 2 voice.

That's all for now. Can't wait for the rest of the other turtles.

-I don't know how i didnt catch it but i guess some how it didn't save the sound FX that I put in there because I coded it so that it would have the sword guard sound. Fixed
- I didnt catch that. Good find! Fixed
-Another good find, thanks! Fixed
-That's minor and I don't really care to change it as its Infinite Style and thats how he has his characters and we use the same template so I'm probably not going to change that.
-That's a no go on that one man. I made custom ones because I can say whatever attacks the turtles have and custom things. So I wont be doing this.

Other than that, I have already fixed what you've mentioned. Thanks dude
Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 07:54:51 am by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
#13  November 18, 2018, 08:21:02 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
#14  November 18, 2018, 08:29:09 am
    • USA
#15  November 18, 2018, 08:46:33 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
#16  November 18, 2018, 09:10:40 am
    • USA
#17  November 18, 2018, 09:23:01 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
It seems to be difficult for me to pull off F,D,DF+K. It defaults to D,DF,F+K.
#18  November 18, 2018, 09:34:16 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Nice, it came earlier than I thought. Will be a great addition to my roster. Thank you for sharing!
#19  November 18, 2018, 09:48:15 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
-That's minor and I don't really care to change it as its Infinite Style and thats how he has his characters and we use the same template so I'm probably not going to change that.
-That's a no go on that one man. I made custom ones because I can say whatever attacks the turtles have and custom things. So I wont be doing this.

Other than that, I have already fixed what you've mentioned. Thanks dude
-I know it's minor, but it's for the sake of consistency with other PotS characters. Although it's true it's more of Infinite's style than PotS's, but I'm certain he already changed to the circular landing fx when he updated his characters a couple of years back. Another reason why I mentioned it is that Rotto Ice Cutter uses the 8102 landing fx when Leo touches the ground and is why it's looks off. I hope you reconsider.
-I see, that's fine and I'll respect that decision. I guess that means someone out there will probably make a sound pack using the Injustice 2 voice rips if someone already ripped them.

No problem, glad to help.

I also downloaded the update, but I noticed another issue:
-The first hit of Super Ice Impaler can't be blocked, which causes the entire move to be unblockable. It can only be blocked if the opponent is on the ground and gets up on the 2nd or later hits.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#20  November 18, 2018, 10:32:15 am
    • USA
-I know it's minor, but it's for the sake of consistency with other PotS characters. Although it's true it's more of Infinite's style than PotS's, but I'm certain he already changed to the circular landing fx when he updated his characters a couple of years back. Another reason why I mentioned it is that Rotto Ice Cutter uses the 8102 landing fx when Leo touches the ground and is why it's looks off. I hope you reconsider.
-I see, that's fine and I'll respect that decision. I guess that means someone out there will probably make a sound pack using the Injustice 2 voice rips if someone already ripped them.

No problem, glad to help.

I also downloaded the update, but I noticed another issue:
-The first hit of Super Ice Impaler can't be blocked, which causes the entire move to be unblockable. It can only be blocked if the opponent is on the ground and gets up on the 2nd or later hits.

- Its just ground FX to me,  something that doesn't really matter and I have things in my characters already that normal Pots like characters do not have so its already not your usual pots character meaning don't expect it to be exactly like his stuff or anybody else's because things might change or be different depending on what I like, don't like or etc.

- Good find on the Ice Impaler. Hopefully what I did worked, but its was missing a Hitflag for some odd reason, I don't know how that happened lol Fixed