YesNoOk

Zoom out in 1.1 (Read 1021 times)

Started by Tylerr, March 26, 2015, 07:03:15 pm
Share this topic:
Zoom out in 1.1
#1  March 26, 2015, 07:03:15 pm
How can i add zoom out to attacks in 1.1?

I know you can edit the stage itself but i want to make it zoom all the way out at specific times. Or is that not possible?
Re: Zoom out in 1.1
#2  March 27, 2015, 09:32:58 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I dont really mess with 1.1, but off the top of my head you may be able to adjust the player's width.
If you set the width so far out that it hits the edge of the screen I'd think that would change it
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  March 27, 2015, 05:13:55 pm
isnt that only for the Constants?

i only want to do it at specific times.
#4  March 27, 2015, 10:34:59 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#5  March 28, 2015, 04:49:46 am
So that pushes the other character away if it gets to close?
#6  March 28, 2015, 09:33:35 am
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
I have my own method demonstrated here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt96zuUmBdg

the thing is that the stages will have to have a zoomin set at its default value or higher for your desired effect.
Yes I am aware that if you walk towards your opponent, the stage will zoom in.

The trick is to have a player type helper thats invisible set at position (pos x value) where it binds with your x velocity(movement) to prevent the stage from zooming in when approaching your enemy. Like in my video when Ryu does his Shin Shoryuken, I call for that invisible helper to move to the enemy's x position for the zoom in effect.

Now you might be asking about the AI or you facing the zoom player type helper?

Somewhere in the tips and tricks section, Duece of Spades aka 20S wrote a tutorial on how to prevent you or the AI to face player type helpers in a match and I took his notes and modified it to my likings which is how I was able to accomplish what you see in my video.

A quick recap:

-stages has to have the zoomin param present with the default or higher value.
-You need to make a player type helper and position it behind you where it prevents the stage from zooming in when approaching your enemy
-Summon the player type helper to move towards the opponent during whatever attack you want to use a zoom effect for.
-Finally make the helper move back to its original position after the effect and attack is done.

I would recommend using a variable for record keeping as far as the desired position for the player type helper so it will remember how far it supposed to be away from you.

This is my method, there may be others but your welcome to this technique.