YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat NEW 2D Shinnok & Others (Read 813798 times)

Started by CoopNPB, September 26, 2015, 06:40:15 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat 2D Shinnok
#41  October 03, 2015, 04:02:41 am
  • SNK is life
^ exactly. It looks legit enough to expand the 2D roster into something more interesting thanks to mugen.

Great job, keep it up mate!
#42  October 03, 2015, 05:05:59 am
  • Cowboys just didn't get Motown
    • USA
Thank you guys. I'll get rid of the white pixels when I'm making the sprite sheet. after that, I might do the animations all over. No sweat. well Kenshi is Blind BTW and His stance almost kinda make him look high or looking for his glasses. I can always change it up, but not now. Shinnok is the number 1 priority... And another sneak peek.

Side Note: Shinnok's crouch low kick. notice something about the pixels? I didn't do all of them, but half. I do them all later. looks a lot better aye?
Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 05:23:36 am by CoopNPB
#43  October 03, 2015, 05:45:08 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
It seems you are pretty close with being done with the basic attacks, and yes, the removed pixels here and there really helps with the result. Also, just wondering, what do you have in mind for his special moves? Because as far as I can remember, Shinnok doesn't really has moves of his own in MK4.

Shit
#44  October 03, 2015, 07:43:13 am
    • USA
Maybe some moves from armageddon and MK X. I wanted to get all his Falls and hit animations as well, but we can discuss moves right now. I can make his body animate to a special move, but I don't know how to make the special effects. someone else could possibly do that or I might surf through here and learn
Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 10:55:35 am by CoopNPB
#45  October 03, 2015, 11:56:27 am
  • Shit
I've never been great with making visual effects, but I do recall there being a handful of great special effects artists in this forum, although I can't really remember who exactly. In case you do find someone, just remember to have a reference video showing said special effects- or if possible, the textures of the special effects themselves. Whatever you have as a base or a visual reference.

Also, you did a good job with the bigger sprites in here. Even up close, his model is still very impressive and gives a classic MK actor vibe to it,and overall fits. The only thing that kind of bothers me is that his character select icon is rather dark could use a stronger brightening to it to help with the contrast (especially with his face's skin). It doesn't has to be too strong, but something that is a little closer to the two other sprites in here in terms of brightening might help it, if not just something more similar to these:

Shit
#46  October 03, 2015, 03:50:09 pm
    • USA
This is all I got for now. moving on to more animations
#47  October 03, 2015, 04:00:17 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
You're doing a great job with Shinnok, mate. Once you finish him, you'll be inaugurated in the MFG Hall of Fame, because this is absolutely phenomenal.

Just a tip, when you want to showcase the animations, try putting the speed of all frames at 0.07s. It usually comes out smoother (at least in my case, with Kyo).

Best of luck, and can't wait for Kenshi.
This is a generic forum signature.
#48  October 03, 2015, 07:47:10 pm
    • USA
I can't wait to make Kenshi as well & thank you my friend :). I figured out a new stance for him off the top of my head. I'm not trying to be too focus on the animations. just wanna see what Shinnok looks like when each action is finished.

Shinnok with all the bright pixels gone. Aye? Aye? :D (except the very first frame)
Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 07:54:09 pm by CoopNPB
#49  October 03, 2015, 09:10:22 pm
  • Shit
The removal of the white pixels around him certainly makes the sprites look much better. Great sweep, by the way!

Shit

DW

#50  October 03, 2015, 09:16:27 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I've mostly fallen out with MK long ago... There is no retribution for Deadly Alliance... Though this pays more homage to MK's glory days, and for that, you get two thumbs up. He definitely looks legit and will mesh in almost flawlessly with the rest of the cast. Great work.
#51  October 03, 2015, 09:30:40 pm
  • Shit
I've shown your Shinnok to Borg, and the only problem he had with it was that there is no lightsource coming from behind him, like many other 2D MK characters had in their sprites. This is probably not much of a huge problem, but do you know what could be done about that? Without having it to look much like this, of course:

Shit
#52  October 04, 2015, 01:13:13 am
    • USA
I'll have to ask around about it. I had my buddy Le@N Edit Kenshi's stance (1 frame) and it looks amazing! I could always change it up on a sprite sheet or re-animate shinnok with good light source. anything is possible. taking out these pixels is a start

MY BALLS!!!
#53  October 04, 2015, 04:33:19 am
  • Shit
Is it me or does the cloth hanging from his belt clips behind his legs, on the balls punch animation? For that pose, I imagine the cloth would stay in front of the legs.

Shit
#54  October 04, 2015, 02:40:00 pm
    • USA
I tried to make the cloth look almost exactly like MK2 Ninja's cloth. it goes in between their legs. that's how much his balls hurt.

#55  October 04, 2015, 07:29:44 pm
  • Shit
The problem is not that it goes between his legs. The problem is that it clips THROUGH his legs, as if his cloth cut inside his legs while still remaining completely still. That kind of problem makes it evident that Shinnok is a 3D model very easily. The thing with the MK2 ninjas is that the cloth doesn't remains completely still, and it actually wrinkles and folds between their legs:

So if you want to make it look more convincing, then you'll have to make Shinnok's cloth actually fold in between his legs to look more natural.

Shit
#56  October 04, 2015, 08:06:58 pm
    • USA
I'll edit it later. I need your opinion right now on something.

I already sent borg a pm of this. just waiting for his reply. I think I found the blue print to the light source
#57  October 04, 2015, 08:52:38 pm
  • Shit
The light source in here is pretty great, although the contrast seems to be just a little too strong on the sprite overall. The light also seems to affect the belt cloth a little too much, even though the light source is coming from behind. Still, you're getting closer to fixing it.

Shit
#58  October 04, 2015, 09:30:37 pm
    • USA
Ok good. Borg said the exact same thing. Light is good, but too contrast and the darker side is too dark.
#59  October 05, 2015, 12:34:28 am
    • USA
Just an example throw I want for Shinnok. Someone can code pretty much know what to do with this throw. This animation is just for show and fun. I'll have the sprite sheet for it when I'm done with Shinnok

#60  October 05, 2015, 05:28:02 am
  • Shit
That's a nice animation. Only thing that could be better is when he jumps upon Johnny, given that there doesn't seems to be much of an impact on it. Rather than stepping painfully upon his opponent, it feels more like he's just merely standing upon him, so you might want to change his pose to make it feel more like he's trying to cause pain when stepping upon his opponent's chest.

Shit