YesNoOk

Retsu, Geki, Joe and SF1 Ryu in Alpha Form. Happy 30th Birthday Street Fighter! (Read 125438 times)

Started by SiL3Nt J, August 17, 2017, 08:57:40 pm
Share this topic:
Re: SF1 Ryu and Joe Sprite Sheets. Happy 30th Birthday Street Fighter!
#21  April 18, 2018, 02:07:42 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Thanks Maetrero, this is still incomplete, but there's enough here to make a full character. Here's Retsu in Alpha form. Thanks to cunningwish for the Akuma sprites and Shubuster for the Cody sprites that I used as a base. Also thanks to Yawackhary for the Retsu sprites I used as a reference:

#22  April 18, 2018, 05:05:40 am
what can i say? simply...amazing.. you got the way to do it, retsu is only char of street fighter one that haven't a version more fluid for mugen. i think the your will be the first.
#23  April 18, 2018, 10:11:54 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Thanks dude, really appreciate it.
#24  April 20, 2018, 03:24:56 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Since I got some positive feedback here, I will share this last group of sprites as a bonus. Thanks a lot for viewing, glad you all liked the sprites:

Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 03:43:22 am by SiL3Nt J
#25  April 20, 2018, 03:33:40 am
for me this retsu is complete possible in mugen, you are a great spriter, i haven't so talent to it like you with sprite work. do you plan to code him or you´re only spriter?
#26  April 20, 2018, 03:44:19 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Haha, well thanks man. He is complete enough to make a character, but I still had a lot more planned. But no, I'm just a spriter. Really glad you liked the sprite work. Spent lots of time on it.
#27  April 20, 2018, 06:26:25 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Have to admit, that kick really does look nice. But I suggest fixing his right to viewer hand in the third sprite. THIS is something you'd like to have.

Just look at arms movement in this animation and you will understand, what am I talking about.
#28  April 20, 2018, 01:07:05 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
It looks kinda bad tbh
The shading isn't very SFA like on the second frame, and the last couple of frames don't flow in any way, like he brings his leg out, pulls it back a bit, pulls it back more, and then immediately goes to nearly standing? He SHOULD just has his leg move closer to the ground after the kick
There's also banding on the first frame on his (viewers) right arm, and theres broken lines where there doesn't need to be, SFA sprites only break lines when ABSOLUTELY necessary. On top of that the shading looks wrong in quite a lot of places, both in regards to line art, but also how the sprites convey depth. Like, the lightsource is meant to come directly from above, yet his shoulder in the last frame receives no light at all.
I don't mean to come off as a dick (though admittedly i can be one sometimes) and i only say all of this in the hopes that it'll prove useful. Good luck dude
#29  April 21, 2018, 03:37:38 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Hmm ok, well thanks Trolo, might just do away with that frame for that sprite. Just thought it would make it more like a middle attack.

In response to Yoshin, honestly, couldnt really tell the difference in shading. All kind of looked the same.  Not sure what you mean by branding and broken lines. Also, I admit that light source was always a little confusing. I dont really have anything to go off of.

Ha but thats good that you can admit that you are a dick, if you really are one. I will try to fix whats wrong if I can figure it out though.
Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 03:44:02 am by SiL3Nt J
#30  April 21, 2018, 04:48:44 am
keep it up my dear friend, i would like so much if you could help me with some sprites for a future capcom chars, surely not a lot of stuff,but only the necessary,it´s for a toward future.
#31  April 24, 2018, 04:50:14 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
hmm we will see, who are they? you're welcome btw. Been working on Geki and Lee lately as well.
#32  April 24, 2018, 05:13:06 am
  • El Chanfle
  • Latino Americano, Young Generation & Drawist
    • Mexico
hmm we will see, who are they? you're welcome btw. Been working on Geki and Lee lately as well.

Seen your sprites and damn..Love it dude! Keep it up! Also working on Geki and Lee?! Interesting. We need a Mike Sprite sheet and my life will be complete! JK. But yea.

"Survival of the fittest is nature's way!"
#33  April 24, 2018, 11:38:44 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Ha, well thanks man. It has always been a dream of mine to see SF1 remade. I've seen a few remakes on youtube, but none that I was a big fan of. Always thought that if the 5 SF1 guys were going to be brought back, it should be in SF Alpha form because that's how most of the others guys were that were brought back.

Well, I guess now would be a good time to ask: Is this version of Mike still around? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrKGkl1z7wY

If not, I would be okay with just recoloring Balrog's sprite sheet.
#34  April 25, 2018, 12:08:29 am
  • El Chanfle
  • Latino Americano, Young Generation & Drawist
    • Mexico
Ha, well thanks man. It has always been a dream of mine to see SF1 remade. I've seen a few remakes on youtube, but none that I was a big fan of. Always thought that if the 5 SF1 guys were going to be brought back, it should be in SF Alpha form because that's how most of the others guys were that were brought back.

Well, I guess now would be a good time to ask: Is this version of Mike still around? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrKGkl1z7wY

If not, I would be okay with just recoloring Balrog's sprite sheet.

Not sure. But we can ask the creator chuchoryu. He's around. And thanks for replying :)

"Survival of the fittest is nature's way!"
#35  April 26, 2018, 04:36:47 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Yeah, no problem, you don't have to thank me. Well, I was going to stop posting after what had happened in that last topic, but I have really appreciated the feedback here so I will post this. It is far from complete, but here is the beginning of Alpha-style Geki. Thanks to Spriter's Resource, and to Bonzai for the sprites I used as a base. Also thanks to Shubuster and Yawackhary for ripping the Wolverine and Geki sprites I used as a reference. Hope you enjoy.

Last Updated 5/3/18

Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 01:55:00 am by SiL3Nt J
#36  April 26, 2018, 02:38:58 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Hey, I am liking this. Needs some transition frames, but I like it so far.
#37  April 27, 2018, 01:03:18 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Thanks dude, just added these to the sprite sheet:

My plan is to just re-do Geki and Lee's SF1 sprite sheets, and then gradually add on to them and Retsu.
#38  April 27, 2018, 02:08:26 am
very nice.... i am planning make sprites for the new version of SHO/GINZU from captain commando, i need to manage the sprites to make somewhat cool.
#39  April 29, 2018, 04:38:19 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Thanks dudes. I just sent a message Capcom, about Mac. Let me know if you have more questions.

Alright just finished these. Thanks to Spriter's Resource for the SFA3 portraits and to Fighters generation for the SF1 portrait. Also, added a transition frame and updated the sprite sheet above:

Re: Retsu, Geki, Joe and SF1 Ryu in Alpha Form. Happy 30th Birthday Street Fighter!
#40  April 30, 2018, 06:10:00 pm
  • Wandering....
Geki looks awesome!!