YesNoOk

post here if you want a subforum for your full game (Read 415825 times)

Started by Titiln, October 25, 2010, 10:29:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: post here if you want a subforum for your full game
#41  December 27, 2010, 10:04:39 pm
  • What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SMAAACCCK!
yea i was just askin thats all. but i would really like to know raaja or whoever handles the decisions , what does MFG need from me for a specified showing for a subforum? i wanna know in detail so i make sure i got everyhing needed . As i stated , other places require different things and some just want some basic information. thats why i wanted and needed a subforum so i can properly give more details as progress ushers along in development.

i wasn going to just toss a intro vid, a logo and a roster and thats it ya mean. lol that would be def no real announcement. i will give more details as such with what characters are ingame and playable, the surprise showing characters, what kind of gameplay it will have and such more as development gets even further along i will post gameplay videos, screenshots and title screen shots and stages . we have a good stage creator as well.  i have seen some subforums with nothing more than just words, nothing else in the begining. So i wanna offer a lil more.

this is not a one sie only projec, peeps are from all over the forums and contributing what they can as some peeps are working on projects and some stopped on them, to assisst with this project. I been around MFG for a very long time and there are really talented folks here, i just always stayed my words and never posted so i didnt get caught up in flame wars and such. bu please if you can pm me details that are REQUIRED for your submissions for a subforum and i will do my best to comply but if they are over the top from what others have submitted and recieved then i wont host it here. I didnt recieve alot of votes or responses in the poll here so i didnt do much showings since it didnt get as much but it did pick up in votes a bit more now towards the end.
aight mfg peeps happy holidays to all and hope mugen is about to get a change in pace.
#42  December 27, 2010, 10:10:28 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
We want to see something that makes it look like a game that you would actually need a forum for. You do not need a forum for lifebars and a logo. You are NOT far enough along.

Come back later.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#43  December 27, 2010, 11:39:33 pm
lol noted.  One more thing , please let me know here or in a pm how exactly far by MFG standards does this project have to be for hat consideration cause i dont really want a subforum but i do not wanna make a new thread and start showin off works and then i get a pm sayin it was moved to another spot or ...to a subforum. that is the basis of my lil dilema. thats all. just needed to fill me in on whats what for a subforum if it is needed.
#44  December 28, 2010, 12:04:21 am
lol noted.  One more thing , please let me know here or in a pm how exactly far by MFG standards does this project have to be for hat consideration
see any of the existing subforums maybe
#45  December 28, 2010, 12:13:41 am
lol noted.  One more thing , please let me know here or in a pm how exactly far by MFG standards does this project have to be for hat consideration
see any of the existing subforums maybe

yeah i checked em out , i been seen seanalty's work for years. good dude. I saw and read where they began their initial first post. thats where i rolled from. now if some included full game screenshots, and all that , then oh yes i fully agree. no issue at all right there but there are some that didnt have that in the first initial post and so on i got kinda strange in feedback like the sf mk thingy with the pics and some peeps had some choice words, but he got a subforum. i tho didnt want one, i was directed to submit for one. that was all. lol
if i can make a new thread in the Idea engineering spot i am totally fine with that cause thats where i was wanting to do it , but if i started gettin deeper and deeper into development cause things are going at a good pace then i am sure i would either got moved or i would get asked to ask for a subforum.

i didnt mean to just post the official logo and lifebar shot , i was told that was wha t was needed for a submission , just to ask, so i just showed that work i had, i have more but will do so gradually. I am now waiting for the intro vid to come back , its being done by skeletor ex and he is almost done

so i just wanted to make sure i put this in the proper spot and don get moved, no harms man.
#46  December 28, 2010, 10:15:30 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#47  December 30, 2010, 04:26:51 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/

After a longer break in mugen I'm motivated to continue my TMNT Fullgame Project.
you described that you'd use a handful of threads... i think you could keep this one in one organized thread, really
hm, I guess that wouldn't be the best option, because it still is a good load of content.Especially some things where I still might need some help of community members (there a different things), would maybe make one standalone thread confusing.

Other opinions?
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85

ROS

#48  January 01, 2011, 03:07:13 am
#49  January 01, 2011, 03:25:48 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
Well you need some actual stuff like characters,stages or videos instead of just brainstorming.
Welcome to the House of Fighting.
#50  January 03, 2011, 01:18:57 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I just announced my game "Dragonball Kai Allstars", Thought I'd start up a subforum for it to let people know more about it, and also possibly get help on certain aspects of it. I dont know if I'm far enough for one yet? (I have a ton of movesets done and what needs to be planned out etc, (no vids or screens to show though really)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 11:04:09 pm by NeoCyanide
#51  January 04, 2011, 03:00:10 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Other opinions?

Can ya give us some sort of volume of work that you are going to deal with? so we can envision it.
I want our game to be created.
Sega vs Capcom : Next Generation of Heroes

Here are some of our threads:
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=124410.new#new
http://sinhra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=440
http://sinhra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=441
what Randomish said.
I just announced my game "Dragonball Kai Allstars", Thought I'd start up a subforum for it to let people know more about it, and also possibly get help on certain aspects of it. I dont know if I'm far enough for one yet? (I have a ton of movesets done and what needs to be planned out etc, (no vids or screens to show though really)

this is pretty big and its understandable that you would require space,since you have done a ton of work related to this before, we know you are for real and not just brainstorming away.  Im okay with it.

#52  January 05, 2011, 01:59:13 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
right on. do I just tell you when I'm ready for the board to be made, or do you need something from me or?
#53  January 06, 2011, 01:16:12 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
I vote yes for Neocide to have a section.
#54  January 06, 2011, 12:23:17 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
That's a yes from me for Neo as well.

Guys: If you want a full game forum we need to know that it's in progress and more than some random dream. Get things locked down, a solid idea, some decent mockups or even characters in progress if it's straight rips, then ask. If your game is still in idea engineering, it's sure as hell not ready for a forum.

Basically, if you're brainstorming, it's not in progress.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#55  January 07, 2011, 02:32:23 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

....ok guys, why are you so optimistic about this project? Is there something I'm missing here?
#56  January 07, 2011, 02:33:27 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Neocide has shown that he's capable of it, given his past works.
#57  January 07, 2011, 02:46:49 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Me too, I made 3 of the 15 clones of my project, and even I released a lifebars (not for my project, but I know how to make it). My problem is I've to update my advances and release more stuff for AGP... but the subforum I want is more for knowing people's opinions for the project and for ask about voice actors for clones :P

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#58  January 07, 2011, 05:13:25 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide

....ok guys, why are you so optimistic about this project? Is there something I'm missing here?

well, I'm actually alot farther than I've shown, before I switched to bigger sized sprites, I had about 9(Frieza,goku,gohan,vegeta,16,rickum,super boo,kid boo,18) guy's basics done, well my system's basics, which was the system + the advanced combos. basically those 9 were half done. 
#59  January 07, 2011, 07:42:37 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Well then I guess there's no reason not to give you a board.

MDI

#60  February 01, 2011, 02:55:20 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
This is odd. I could have sworn I posted in this thread suggesting that my Mega Man X - Scrap Metal Arena game get a subforum a few days ago. Perhaps I thought I posted it but it never went through? Either way, it would seriously help keep things organized. Having all the progress crammed into one thread is pretty messy. It would help to have separate threads for palettes, character requests/ideas, character and stage threads, etc. Please consider it.  :D

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=123125.0
ey