YesNoOk

Warnings v2 (Read 2949668 times)

Started by Valodim, February 07, 2010, 09:40:57 pm
Re: Warnings v2
#3061  November 07, 2015, 02:06:13 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I don't think we should ban him yet. While his...defensive and unlikable posting style hasn't changed, it wasn't entirely unwarranted this time; he was name dropped in a thread and felt the need to tell his side of the story, that's what a normal person would do. It's not a crazy rant like the last time.
#3062  November 07, 2015, 02:08:42 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
I'll just give him a couple of days. Any chaos ensues, you know what to do.
#3063  November 07, 2015, 02:45:16 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Banned Shadowdragon6060
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/shadow-dragon-version-2-170363.msg2182406.html;topicseen#msg2182406

If his next post is anything but damage control, he should be banned for a week.

All the adfly bull crap he has and everything he's done makes me want to just up and ban. This guy seems like a troll. As unusual as it sounds I wouldn't mind just ignoring the ban cycle and perm-ing him at this point. He's shown zero signs of being a decent poster or any sort of help/contribution.
#3064  November 07, 2015, 05:57:00 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
I don't think he's a troll, just really dense. Like, black hole dense. I don't think he's gonna change, so I'm not opposed to ban him, but I think we've been more lenient with equally bad shitposters in the past.

...But then again, adfly links.
#3065  November 07, 2015, 07:34:43 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
So as of recent development, that "Shadow Dragon" release turned out to be a farce. Which means that all that talk about "password", "tests", etc. is all worthless.

Any thoughts about this? I'm considering giving ShadowDragon6060 a timeout for linking ad revenue that leads to a damaged file.
Nvm, Rice made a mistake. Still, something seems kinda.. off about the file.
Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 08:37:36 am by Zemilia
#3066  November 07, 2015, 08:46:55 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I don't think Rei needs to be banned right now either.

All the adfly bull crap he has and everything he's done makes me want to just up and ban. This guy seems like a troll. As unusual as it sounds I wouldn't mind just ignoring the ban cycle and perm-ing him at this point. He's shown zero signs of being a decent poster or any sort of help/contribution.
Eh, I think the current system is fine for him. If he posts a link to adfly he will be banned for double the amount of time he was last banned; he doesn't need warnings after this either.
#3067  November 13, 2015, 08:04:24 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
For posterity's sake: Yamcha8 has been permabanned. Yamcha/Goku6 used to bombard the help sections with questions about very simple things, always ignoring the responses and solutions to those problems, instead posting new threads about the same questions, and then PM'ing people and cursing them out for not explaining things fast enough (fast enough here means under 30 minutes).

smell ya later
#3068  November 17, 2015, 02:40:14 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#3069  November 30, 2015, 08:03:55 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#3070  December 03, 2015, 12:36:46 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Warned NANDUS for doing the same thing that got him banned already. So far, it seemed harmless, but I'm waiting it out to see if he's ignoring the warning or just being obnoxious.
#3071  December 03, 2015, 01:00:46 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Ban him. I already said he was on his last warning via PM last time he pulled this shit. Two weeks or so seems fair.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#3072  December 03, 2015, 01:08:05 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
I already had a talk with Iced about this. A ban out of this (according to him) seems too much, so I'm just playing the waiting game.

But if you want me to go straight ahead and ban him, then 2 weeks will be fine.
#3073  December 03, 2015, 03:09:32 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
he already had a last warning? If thats the case Xan might be right in doing it.
As I said, its preferable to discuss this with the whole staff. ( I wasnt aware he had been warned as a last warning before over it )  Anyone else want to chime in?
#3074  December 03, 2015, 03:26:59 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
We've handled him warnings like Jehova's Witnesses handle Watchtowers.

It's really shitty because the guy has no ill intentions, but the language barrier + apparent lack of social skills is an awful combo and we can't let him shit Darkwolf's thread indefinitely.
#3075  December 03, 2015, 04:04:58 am
  • tired
he already had a last warning? If thats the case Xan might be right in doing it.
Yeah that was me forgetting to let y'all know. I guess I figured I'd be around to catch him next time he posted but I wasn't. Still pushing to hand him a ban but eh.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#3076  December 03, 2015, 04:10:07 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
I'm giving him a couple of hours (let's say... midnight or early morning tomorrow, due to time zones) to respond anyway. If he doesn't respond by then (or did but continues his shtick), then he's out.
#3077  December 03, 2015, 04:32:44 am
  • tired
He didn't respond to my warning via PM so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Anybody else mind him being banned again or do y'all have objections.
#3078  December 03, 2015, 04:48:31 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
No objections here.  Looking over the multitude of reported posts from this guy makes it pretty clear he's either genuinely incapable of understanding the warnings being given to him or deliberately ignoring them.  In either case I feel like he's earned another time-out.
#3079  December 04, 2015, 12:46:08 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Okay, so I may have accidentally extended the waiting period on @NANDUS's response (I was at school while waiting). Regardless, his time to respond ran out, so: For doing the same shit he has always done in DarkWolf's thread, I gave him a 2 week vacation to banville.

Any Objections?
#3080  December 04, 2015, 12:57:17 am
  • tired
No objections.