• Japan
Nice Release :)
Re: Albert Wesker
#3  August 10, 2019, 05:44:16 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Nice to see this, I hope you do an "All-Characters Update" some time soon. Next time I suggest posting Beta versions of the characters to we can see if it's okay.
Some suggestions/feedback for this guy:
- His MAX Rhino Charge has his Voice Line plays after the superpause.
- His Phantom Samurai could do with a better finisher, and the MAX version could probably have faster shooting.
- The slashes on the Lost In Nightmares looks kinda off with where they're positioned.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#4  August 10, 2019, 06:23:53 pm
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Wesker enters the battle. Nice to see him released. here is one thing i found.

- When using Tiger Uppercut (HP) to counter an opponents jumping attack my game completely froze, forcing me to ctrl+alt+del out of mugen.
- Finishing the opponent with Phantom Samurai will freeze mugen as well.

These errors could just be on my end, but i thought they were worth noting.
Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 06:35:39 pm by ReddBrink

DW

#5  August 10, 2019, 07:52:18 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I can confirm Tiger Upper does in fact make Mugen freeze(or lock would be a more accurate term). As for Phantom Samurai, only the MAX version seems to have that issue. Though it doesn't lock Mugen like Tiger Upper, you just don't have a stipulation for him to stop like the lv1 version when the match ends.

-You also didn't add the camera KO focus for him for some reason?

-Power charge particles are misaligned. Should center on either his chest, or maybe his glowing hand would be a cool alt as well. Like PotS' Cammy.

-His window of being able to teleport out of his ground samurai shot is too wide imo. A lot of the time I may not even be trying to teleport out of it, but because it's such a wide window, I end up teleporting on accident.
#6  August 10, 2019, 11:22:00 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Some quick feedback:
-Some of his voice clips are low volume such as his taunt, Phantom Samurai and his special intro against certain characters.
-Not sure if it's intentional, but standing HK doesn't have a swing sound (There is a different sound, but that's sounds like his coat twirling. Unless that's the swing sound from MvC3, never mind).
-The swing sound on crouching HK plays after the opponent is hit.
-Rhino Charge is missing a certain electric wind sound effect from MvC3 when it's successful.
-The effect is on a successful Rhino Charge hit is misaligned.
-The first hit of Lost In Nightmares doesn't have envshake.

That's all for now.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#7  August 11, 2019, 06:08:33 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
- His MAX Rhino Charge has his Voice Line plays after the superpause.
fixed
- His Phantom Samurai could do with a better finisher, and the MAX version could probably have faster shooting.
sped up both versions
- The slashes on the Lost In Nightmares looks kinda off with where they're positioned.
removed

- When using Tiger Uppercut (HP) to counter an opponents jumping attack my game completely froze, forcing me to ctrl+alt+del out of mugen.
fixed
- Finishing the opponent with Phantom Samurai will freeze mugen as well.
fixed

-You also didn't add the camera KO focus for him for some reason?
fixed
-Power charge particles are misaligned. Should center on either his chest, or maybe his glowing hand would be a cool alt as well. Like PotS' Cammy.
added, good idea.
-His window of being able to teleport out of his ground samurai shot is too wide imo. A lot of the time I may not even be trying to teleport out of it, but because it's such a wide window, I end up teleporting on accident.
shortened the cancel window.

-Some of his voice clips are low volume such as his taunt, Phantom Samurai and his special intro against certain characters.
I tried normalizing them without and put a high volumescale on him this is the loudest I can do.
-Not sure if it's intentional, but standing HK doesn't have a swing sound (There is a different sound, but that's sounds like his coat twirling. Unless that's the swing sound from MvC3, never mind).
added
-The swing sound on crouching HK plays after the opponent is hit.
fixed
-Rhino Charge is missing a certain electric wind sound effect from MvC3 when it's successful.
I don't know if it the right one but added what I found.
-The effect is on a successful Rhino Charge hit is misaligned.
tweaked
-The first hit of Lost In Nightmares doesn't have envshake.
added

#8  August 11, 2019, 06:15:21 pm
    • UK
I could edit the voice samples for ya like I did with Taskmaster.
EDIT: Here ya go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5518mzv8et9esd/wesker.snd?dl=0

Also you may want to look into this in the Dormammu thread.
I was playing with Dormammu the other day against  K' by Chazzanova & Dampir's and K's A.I. was able to escape from the Dark Dimension ball and attack. I don't know if certain characters are compatible with that super or maybe some code that needs tweaking.
I've also shared some things with Gouken there.
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 07:19:02 pm by RagingRowen
#9  August 12, 2019, 12:54:20 am
    • USA
Yep, that's the one. You should also adjust the timing of the sound to play exactly when the hitspark appears as it plays before it.

Edit: I forgot to mention why you had to remove the slashes on the Lost In Nightmares RagingRowen suggested, but they exist in the source game and supposed to be there. The positions only needed to be adjusted, not removed completely.

Edit 2: Another thing I forgot, the sliding effect on the Jaguar Dash is misaligned if it makes contact with the opponent.
Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 08:04:16 am by SolidZone 26
#10  August 12, 2019, 07:20:18 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Yep, that's the one. You should also adjust the timing of the sound to play exactly when the hitspark appears as it plays before it.

Edit: I forgot to mention why you had to remove the slashes on the Lost In Nightmares RagingRowen suggested, but they exist in the source game and supposed to be there. The positions only needed to be adjusted, not removed completely.

I'm actually wondering about this as well. They were fine to me. I don't know why it needed to be removed.
#11  August 12, 2019, 08:14:33 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
I got some extra sounds for Wesker from Resident Evil 5
Would you like me to send it to you, Infinite?
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 08:26:11 am by Hunter Cerberus
#12  August 13, 2019, 04:39:40 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

You nailed it again. :)
#13  August 13, 2019, 07:25:02 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Congrats on another release you did an amazing job! He's a lot of fun to play as, my fave version of Wesker so far !
#14  August 13, 2019, 10:32:06 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
I'll try out the update soon. Great char from what I see!
#15  August 14, 2019, 02:08:37 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
I could edit the voice samples for ya like I did with Taskmaster.
EDIT: Here ya go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5518mzv8et9esd/wesker.snd?dl=0
Thanks RagingRowen

Also you may want to look into this in the Dormammu thread.
I was playing with Dormammu the other day against  K' by Chazzanova & Dampir's and K's A.I. was able to escape from the Dark Dimension ball and attack. I don't know if certain characters are compatible with that super or maybe some code that needs tweaking.
Iv'e tested this on that K' and couldn't replicate it. but most likrly an AI bug in in K' that gives it ctrl when he is in dizzy anim.
I've also shared some things with Gouken there.
Gouken has a bigger update coming.

fixed

I'm actually wondering about this as well. They were fine to me. I don't know why it needed to be removed.
Ok, I put them back, and adjusted them a bit.

Edit 2: Another thing I forgot, the sliding effect on the Jaguar Dash is misaligned if it makes contact with the opponent.
adjusted

I got some extra sounds for Wesker from Resident Evil 5
Would you like me to send it to you, Infinite?
Thanks HunterCerebus, What are they and do you think I can use them?

Congrats on another release you did an amazing job! He's a lot of fun to play as, my fave version of Wesker so far !
Thanks XANDERAC,

[youtube]https://youtu.be/2GoxfzyKQfA[/youtube]

You nailed it again. :)
Thanks GUI.

Thanks everybody for comments and feedback
#16  August 14, 2019, 04:42:13 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Thanks for the updates. I was thinking about spriting a uroboros super using K9999's tentacle arm sprites but I didn't have the time.
#17  August 14, 2019, 11:05:46 am
    • USA
Just tested again and everything gameplay wise is all good. However, I feel like there's something wrong with his voice clips RagingRowen provided. I compared some of the voices on the previous version such as (183,0) and there seems to be some sound quality issues on them. Can you check on that to make sure it's not just me? There's no more other issues I have with the character other than that.

Edit: I was thinking about something. It could actually not be the voice clips. Since you mentioned volumescale on your previous post, maybe they're still set on high so it's gone to the point that the voice clips are too loud. Even louder than the sound effects and swings sounds themselves. Could you check that too?
Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 12:07:10 pm by SolidZone 26
#18  August 14, 2019, 03:14:08 pm
    • UK
Yeah I put them through an Amplify macro in Audacity. Certain voices differed in quality.
One problem I had was noise reduction, which would make some sounds muffled depending on the noise amount.
WIP Schedule:
#19  August 14, 2019, 06:14:25 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
Edit: I was thinking about something. It could actually not be the voice clips. Since you mentioned volumescale on your previous post, maybe they're still set on high so it's gone to the point that the voice clips are too loud. Even louder than the sound effects and swings sounds themselves. Could you check that too?
OK, changed the volumescale from 500 to 100.
#20  August 15, 2019, 04:44:31 am
    • Brazil
Congratulations! Incredible work as always!
The only thing I feel is kind of weird is the purple "aura" and energy in his punching attacks, makes it looks like Bison's psycho power punches.