YesNoOk

Mai-Ling: Final Mix Released, Kenji & Tessa Updated for Christmas (Read 14453 times)

Started by cray, December 26, 2009, 01:15:18 am
Share this topic:
Mai-Ling: Final Mix Released, Kenji & Tessa Updated for Christmas
#1  December 26, 2009, 01:15:18 am
The holiday season is here and everyone's giving out presents of all sorts. Here's a few presents from me to all in the Mugen community.

MAI-LING (TAO): FINAL MIX

The latest character of the Final Mix label. Originally was gonna release her as a surprise with Tessa at the same time, but had to put her on the shelf to work on some other last minute projects.
Based off of her Red Earth/Warzard persona (but not accurate), while featuring extra stuff to boot.

WHAT'S DONE?!?
-All sprites
-All sounds
-All original moves + new moves
-AI implemented (big thanks to Iron Fist on this)
-Configuration text file included

Pretty much complete, but will probably get updated to fix any bugs and/or update the coding for the sake of my project.

KENJI (MUKURO): FINAL MIX

-Alot of recoding was done in many areas concerning his moves, mechanics, and gameplay.
-Alot of optimizing was done to cut down his file size as well as to utilize more advanced coding as a means to improve my coding skills.
-Certain moves got revised for the better
-AI and a config text file have now been added, while Kenji's coding have been splitted up into serveral files, so for those who have this character it's best to delete the old version first before adding this to you mugen.

TESSA (TABASA): FINAL MIX

-Like with Kenji, there was alot of recoding to try and improve on just about every aspect concerning her
-Cloning issues with her flasks were also an issue, but in the long run they were resolved
-Along with revising some of her moves, Tessa gains new moves as well
-AI and a config text file have been added, while her coding have also been splitted into separate files like Kenji (again, delete the old version before adding this to your mugen)
-Basically this is the version of Tessa I wanted to put out earlier this year, and not the rushed version

Still a few things I need to do to get them just right, but overall Kenji and Tessa are ready for an updated release.

Please refer to each characters' readme and movelist files to learn more about what's been done and how to play as them. Feel free to post any bugs & feedbacks as well.

Download links are on my page at InfinityWiki: http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/infinity.wiki/mediawiki/index.php?title=Sabaki

*Patch for Tessa (For those who downloaded on 12/25/2006): http://www.mediafire.com/?hlojmwkd0ma

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 06:53:04 pm by cray
Re: Mai-Ling: Final Mix Released, Kenji & Tessa Updated for Christmas
#2  December 26, 2009, 07:10:27 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
And a (late) Merry Christmas to you too.

I'll test it out and see what is this.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#3  December 26, 2009, 03:57:17 pm
  • Over so soon?
hey clay good chars :D

i can not download psylocke ???
#4  December 26, 2009, 06:50:49 pm
Tessa's been updated abit. fixes are the following:

-Fixed getpower issue with Tricicle Edge, Tricicle Blade, Tricicle Hatchete, and Lvl 3 Hyper Cannon
-Increased staff's cornerpush during jumping version of Pop Wand
-Fixed issue where LP -> Walk back pattern would keep opponent pinned down

Patch file in the first post, while main file's been updated as well at my page.

#5  December 29, 2009, 12:46:00 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Mai-Ling is very nice, really feels like a solid character. :)
Good job.

Her small portrait is the wrong size X-wise, and misaligned Y-wise, tough.
Also, I don't know how it is in the real game, but Chou Fujinken would be more useful if it made the opponent fall. It looks like it leaves Mei-Ling open for attacks after she lands the super move.
#6  December 29, 2009, 01:00:04 am
I still don't like your Tessa, cray. ;~;

I can forgive the staff and the bad sounds. However, the vial trajectories are still all wrong, some animations are misaligned and way too slow, and a lot of other stuff just doesn't feel right.
At least you sorta' fixed Reverie Sword, since that looked jerky as hell before.
#7  December 29, 2009, 09:04:45 pm
@Cybaster: Thanks for the compliment  :) . I'll see if I can make a better small portrait, this time through Photoshop. As for Chou Fujinken not knocking down, I'll have to check Warzard again, for I'm still under the impression that it doesn't  :S

@The Return of the Revenge of Darth Joestar Strikes Back : Sorry you don't like Tessa  :( . Some people love her, others don't. I can't please everyone...all I can do is sit down and make her as solid as I can coding-wise and gameplay-wise for my project. Thank you for your opinion, though.
Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:10:31 pm by cray
#8  December 30, 2009, 06:05:06 am
The least you could do is properly animate and align the the ice effects on the vial, fix Tricicle Edge's output (not the damage, but how it is) and give the vials in general a less artificial trajectory. :/
#9  December 30, 2009, 06:50:13 am