• Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com

DW

Re: MUGEN Video thread
#11602  June 24, 2019, 05:24:22 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Kung Foolish Fool?

I'm sorry, I'm missing the "joke" at my expense. Please, enlighten me.

EDIT: I'm being genuine. I really don't get it and would like for you to explain it please? I'm told these kinds of vids are "satire". Though I honestly don't get the "joke". I'm not being sarcastic. Quite literal. Though if you don't want to explain anything, that's fine too. I won't press the matter.
Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 05:32:00 am by DW
#11603  June 24, 2019, 06:41:17 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:39:42 am by Darkflare
#11604  June 24, 2019, 01:39:39 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Kung Foolish Fool?

I'm sorry, I'm missing the "joke" at my expense. Please, enlighten me.

EDIT: I'm being genuine. I really don't get it and would like for you to explain it please? I'm told these kinds of vids are "satire". Though I honestly don't get the "joke". I'm not being sarcastic. Quite literal. Though if you don't want to explain anything, that's fine too. I won't press the matter.

This is a common thing with "MUGEN youtube" in which they record themselves using overblown anime characters with extremely advantageous frame data (and often unbalanced damage scaling) against works with vastly different gameplay systems, damage scaling and basic AI. I guess its supposed to be some sort of ego stroking thing
#11605  June 24, 2019, 02:32:42 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Yeah, MUGEN youtube would be better if everyone used cookie cutter Capcom/SNK characters instead.
#11606  June 24, 2019, 03:27:51 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
Nah, If I were insulting DW I would be more direct. Like, way more direct and earn myself a ban.

Also, I didn't knew that IZ Reisen (And maybe P-tan's Rock) was still going to be called "overblown anime character with extremely advantageous frame data" even though I complained in the description how safe KFG's moves were, but okay.

Yeah, MUGEN youtube would be better if everyone used cookie cutter Capcom/SNK characters instead.

KOF AI matches with bloated HP that goes on for five minutes are my jam.

DW

#11607  June 24, 2019, 03:39:56 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Don't threaten me with a good time. Be a man and say what's on your mind. Even though I know you saw this post when I posted it yesterday. Would you be more direct? Cuz right now, looks like your not. It'd actually be refreshing to see someone keep it 100 for once.
#11608  June 24, 2019, 03:40:38 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
What Ume said is not untrue on the surface. Merely from an observation point of view, it would absolutely seem that way.

Thing with MUGEN is that people will gravitate more towards characters they can play as, which for some just so happens to be characters ported from or based on anime fighters. In a general sense, yes, the anime fighters do tend to have the kitchen sink of mechanics that place them at an advantage against say a PotS character that has the...kitchen sink of mechanics; joking aside, you're always going to get videos where characters fight against completely different characters unless it's a gameplay style compilation or a full game where everything's consistent, so I don't see how that's an issue. Honestly I think you're looking way too deeply into a silly video title.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.

DW

#11609  June 24, 2019, 03:45:08 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Don't speak for him. Let him tell me that. I'm talking to him. I simply asked for the "punchline". If he can make it, it's fair of me to ask right?
#11610  June 24, 2019, 04:02:21 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I wasn't speaking for him, I was giving my opinion on the subject, primarily in response to what Ume said.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.

DW

#11611  June 24, 2019, 04:20:56 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
even though I complained in the description how safe KFG's moves were, but okay.

Despite anything else, I'll take your "feedback" into account. You may have a point with her Lv3. It's -2, though I figured since it's such a telegraphed and easy to avoid move, that this wasn't a big deal. Still don't, but I could agree with that and make it unsafe. Only her LP/MP KF Palm is "safe". And -3(MP version) is debatable in safeness. It's makes you respect it somewhat, but her stubby reach and low attack power compensates for any safe tools she has. Everything else she does is not safe in the least and is fully punishable. I appreciate the notion all the same though.
#11612  June 24, 2019, 05:01:46 pm
    • USA
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#11613  June 24, 2019, 05:57:15 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I feel like I've walked out of a time machine and for the worse. I can see where DivineWolf is coming from because he made the character, therefore, is right to ask questions on feedback, so, I'll leave that be. Hell, I'll accept the criticism on my Hotaru being "broken," although anytime gameplay mechanics clashing comes into play, of course one side will seem OP not unlike pitting Muteki's Sol against PotS' Ryu, it's inevitable when things were meant for very specific environments. Although to generalize a character as being broken in a clashing environment is just fallacious and short-sighted seeing as I had to buff Hotaru multiple times to keep her relatively competitive with my other stuff, so, the balance factor is there on an internal level.

What I am saying is that I feel it's a little petty and self-righteous to shame people for playing certain characters simply on the premise that they don't follow some narrow standard that doesn't even hold up itself. Wasn't this a problem in the MUGEN communities from way back and I recalled the retro side tended to instigate the issue at the time because of blind nostalgia clouding reasoning. I think we all have grown passed that a while ago, I'd prefer that conflict to stay dead for good. For the record, I have no preference, I play old and new gens alike, it's not like I made Hotaru without prior experience with her in games she appeared.
#11614  June 24, 2019, 09:01:12 pm
@PeXXer

Most of the time, changing the mugen AI setting doesn't do anything so whoops

Better?
https://youtu.be/zV3OpWNqUlM

Yeah, told ya she was more active.

As for Ptan's Rock take a look at his hitboxes and come back to me. That upper cut one is funny. Anyway bar the silly title cool fight.
Rock's hitboxes
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Majestic. For real though, how can you fuck up an uppercut so bad ?

Also Nep, I am not calling your Hotaru broken, but from what ive seen she hit 1 super and then 1 20 hit combo and KFG was dead She's also super fast,granted if have not seen her hitboxes or frame data. To me that's cheap. Sorry. If she was ment to be played in a full game with chars with the same system its fair game. I could care less what people use against what I decided to point out that KFG's AI is way more active when the diff is set on 8 which is the case.

Don't take my comment  the wrong way, I find MVC cheap as hell too. You do you.

Darkflare let all of us use cookie cutter overblown waifu chars then :PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:41:07 pm by PeXXeR
#11615  June 24, 2019, 09:04:46 pm
#11616  June 25, 2019, 03:02:25 pm
    • USA
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#11617  June 26, 2019, 04:50:09 am
    • Philippines
#11618  June 27, 2019, 12:42:37 am
    • USA
New episode. Still working on Kain and Tifa but had to get this off my chest

[ YouTube: WZL8ktuFlp8 ]
#11619  June 27, 2019, 10:54:48 am
    • UK