YesNoOk

Unreadable Common.cns (Read 780 times)

Started by Fixer, December 05, 2019, 03:35:37 am
Share this topic:
Unreadable Common.cns
#1  December 05, 2019, 03:35:37 am
  • The Eye of Perfection
    • Brazil
I am trying to make a character i downloaded to work with Mugen 1.0 or 1.1 because it only works with winmugen but it keeps saying that common.cns has an error but i cant even read that file because its all writen in Chinese or Japanese, how can i read it to be able to fix this character? Here is what is inside of the common.cns file:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 03:39:59 am by Fixer
Re: Unreadable Common.cns
#2  December 05, 2019, 04:19:05 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
None of that is code. Take it out of the def file so its not in use.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  December 05, 2019, 02:26:51 pm
  • The Eye of Perfection
    • Brazil
None of that is code. Take it out of the def file so its not in use.

I tried this before but if i do so the character don't do nothing in game, theres no AI and when controlled by me the character dont move, its like my keyboard lose controll of it, in other words, the character stay in the same place immobile.
I think that this is code but the problem is that only the engine can read it but Fighter Factory can't for some reason, please i really want to play with that character.
If theres any way i could convert that to proper code...
#4  December 06, 2019, 07:11:01 am
    • USA
There's really not enough information posted to be helpful, but here goes.

I have seen a character use files with a byte order marker (BOM) to obscure them.  Open the file with a hex editor and you will probably see legible text with 2 or 3 strange bytes at the beginning of the file.  You can edit the file with the hex editor, or maybe use a text editor that is capable of opening the file properly.