YesNoOk

Mugen1.1 CROCOMIRE Boss Stage (RE-Release) by OMEGAPSYCHO  (Read 9333 times)

Started by OMEGAPSYCHO, June 14, 2013, 11:32:56 pm
Share this topic:
Mugen1.1 CROCOMIRE Boss Stage (RE-Release) by OMEGAPSYCHO
#1  June 14, 2013, 11:32:56 pm
  • Haz lo que te gusta para que te guste lo que haces
    • Mexico
    • www.omegapsycho.webs.com
Well...  :) This time I bring a safe bet. This is an old known from the golden age of Winmugen, and one of the best games from SNes. and is: CROCOMIRE from "Super metroid".

For veterans in this Mugen's little world, it is not necessary to give explanations in what is this Boss-char, because it was a character with great success at the time.  :yes: But if you have not tried it, I give you a little explanation: The concept is simple. You have to hit the creature in the face until it reaches the end of the stage where a trap awaits and you can beat the first battle, and, in the second round ... well ... I'll don't want give you spoilers.  :impressed:  :mmhmm:
I humbly recommend you download try it.  :blush:
The game play is exact the same from Winmugen but all adapted for Mugen 1.1 with some changes of course. This is the list of changes:

FEATURES/CHANGES:

*.-Include instalation file (only COPY the main line in the select.def file, is not necessary CUT FOLDERS or FILES).
*.-Now this char was programmed under MUGEN 1.1 engine.
*.-Include NEW remade Stage for Mugen 1.1 ( Dosn't work in Mugen 1.0 & Winmugen anymore).
*.-Now Crocomire begins at a position farthest. (you can finish the round more fast).
*.-Now "Crocomire Skeleton" dosn't step back by hit it, now, only reduce velocity. (Sorry spammers.  :eaugh:)
*.-Now Crocomire can walk back more steps for the round lasts less (Before: 2 steps back, now: 4 steps).
*.-Now the player can walk onto the bridge. (Do it at your own risk.  :twisted:)
*.-"Uppercut claw" attack is now unsafe near to Crocomire's body.
*.-"4-plasma balls attack" is more fast.
*.-Now the stage "tension" shows the chars more centered.
*.-New portraits & Quotes.
*.-Fixed all known bugs:   
       -Fixed when character fell very fast at the lava pool by touch it from high position.
       -Fixed when crocomire dosn't fell in the lava pool from back of the stage.
       -Fixed character stuck between the spikes and lava.
       -Fixed character stuck in the rooftop by hiting very fast.
       -Fixed glitch by Crocomire throws the character as he falls into the pool to the same time.
       -Fixed when bridge is destroyed and Crocomire dosn't detected.
       -Fixed "4 ball plasma attack" dosn't hurt.
       -Fixed helpers saturation and crash problem.
       -Fixed sound glitch when p1 wins in the lava bottom.
       -Fixed when Crocomire walks forward off the bridge after destroy it.
       -Fixed when "Surprise Crocomire" appeared immediately in the same second round by pressing F4.
       -Fixed "lava pools", "spikes", "roof" & "Crocomire's back" hitdefs. (Some chars can't detect). (Even now, but is less frequently :P ).
       -Fixed all hitboxes bad align.
       -Fixed burning effects appearance by hit the ground very fast.
       -Fixed Crocomire's powers stuck after perform "Multi-projectile plasma attack".
       -Fixed when p1lies fallen while "Crocomire Skeleton" runs forward and drags him until he gets up.
       -Fixed the BGM integrated size and quality (lighter & good sound).

I expect more comments unlike the last time.  --; Well, nothing more to explain, i'll just simply say:
HAPPY GAMING! ;)

(This video is old and dosn't show the new changes. Is only illustrative)

(T.Hawk WIP)  ;)
http://omegapsycho.webs.com/
Re: Mugen1.1 CROCOMIRE Boss Stage (RE-Release) by OMEGAPSYCHO
#2  June 15, 2013, 02:29:45 am
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
thanx for this...
did you plan re-release all your old stuff?
#3  June 15, 2013, 03:38:19 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
That video was so badass, man. Downloading now!

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#4  June 15, 2013, 03:57:06 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Nice to see you getting your old stuff back together, and working for a new mugen. Nice job! :)

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#5  June 15, 2013, 04:27:59 am
  • Powered by Google Tradutor
A hard boss... I can only hit your head? Allow me to punch her ​​belly and arm!
I can not beat him, haha.  :-[
Crocomire is cool but, hard to beat.
#6  June 15, 2013, 05:39:01 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
That's how it was in Super Metroid.
#7  June 15, 2013, 07:10:12 am
    • Mexico
thanx for this...
did you plan re-release all your old stuff?
Yes, of course!.  :thumbsup: absolutely all my creations to I've created to this time and more.

Posted: June 15, 2013, 07:15:03 am
A hard boss... I can only hit your head? Allow me to punch her ​​belly and arm!
I can not beat him, haha.  :-[
Crocomire is cool but, hard to beat.
Actually ... I've adjust the hitboxes to make it easier to hit if you use a character with a very weak jump like "Street Fighter 1" RYU/KEN in neutral jump, for example.  :yugoi:
#8  June 15, 2013, 08:23:52 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Suggestion:
Maybe for the next update, you can add a "current status" function when fighting Crocmire. For example, the text "DANGER!" appears on the bottom-middle part of the screen when you're about to fall off the ledge.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#9  June 15, 2013, 11:39:29 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Definitely love this Crocomire in 1.1!

Hoping to see more Metroid Bosses in 1.1 like Ridley and Mother Brain.

Can't wait for your Castlevania bosses too
#10  June 15, 2013, 02:28:33 pm
  • Maker of obscurity.
    • http://tetsuwanatom.b1.jcink.com/
This is my try against the new Crocomire:

Well done, though, he is difficult to hit with some anti-air projectiles.
-Toshio Tenma
#11  June 15, 2013, 09:01:26 pm
    • Mexico
This is my try against the new Crocomire:
[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/FmLgjXCe3XY[/YOUTUBE]
Well done, though, he is difficult to hit with some anti-air projectiles.
great!!!  ;D I love seeing videos with my boss-char being confronted.
In the video, I saw that the bridge is misaligned:huh2: Anyone else has this happened?, If so, I'll fix it right now.  :yes:
By the way... "Cometto-san+" downloading right now.  :blush: I really like this char. I had not seen before.
#12  June 19, 2013, 11:28:31 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
BAWSE.....downloading again...
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#13  June 23, 2013, 06:42:44 pm
cool job as always OMEGAPSYCHO but I like to use retro characters against your bosses and some don't have a super jump to reach this bosses head so is there anyway to edit CROCOMIRE cns files so that you can attack his stomach or lower body?
#14  June 24, 2013, 12:17:31 am
    • Mexico
cool job as always OMEGAPSYCHO but I like to use retro characters against your bosses and some don't have a super jump to reach this bosses head so is there anyway to edit CROCOMIRE cns files so that you can attack his stomach or lower body?
What?, what do you mean? :???: Use it!, you can notice that there is no problem with reaching the main hitbox with a character that has short jumps.  :no:
#15  June 24, 2013, 01:46:22 am
i will try and clarify .i have your CROCOMIRE as a boss in a retro collection of NES , 16bit and old skool arcade fighters like streets of rage ,Golden Axe and double dragon etc so i meant when fighting against CROCOMIRE using fighters that don't have a big high jump or fighters that don't have air or projectile attacks it is very difficult to fight against CROCOMIRE .maybe if it was possible to attack CROCOMIRE's body it would be easier rather than staying in close to CROCOMIRE and using cheap attacks like a jump kick over and over again.
last thing is i have tried different mugen 1.1 resolutions and which is best for your bosses is it 640x480?
Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:28:05 am by steab666
#16  July 01, 2013, 12:16:21 pm
    • Mexico
i will try and clarify .i have your CROCOMIRE as a boss in a retro collection of NES , 16bit and old skool arcade fighters like streets of rage ,Golden Axe and double dragon etc so i meant when fighting against CROCOMIRE using fighters that don't have a big high jump or fighters that don't have air or projectile attacks it is very difficult to fight against CROCOMIRE .maybe if it was possible to attack CROCOMIRE's body it would be easier rather than staying in close to CROCOMIRE and using cheap attacks like a jump kick over and over again.
last thing is i have tried different mugen 1.1 resolutions and which is best for your bosses is it 640x480?
The best resolution for my char-bosses is 320x240, 640x480, etc; in other words, "4:3 ratio screen" because in the "16:9 ratio screen" the screen cuts the top of the stage, but its only the appearance, I have not really noticed some error playing in 16:9 ratio.