Divine WIPs (Read 751858 times)

Started by DW, May 15, 2012, 03:45:05 am
Share this topic:

DW

Re: Divine W.I.P.'s
#21  May 16, 2012, 12:05:39 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
IMO, Tiger Blow being the EX version of Tiger Uppercut seems wrong; it is after all just an early version of Uppercut before Sagat perfected it.

Also I think Tiger Raid would work well having a level 1 version too.

Really...? I didn't know that. About it being a beta version of Tiger Uppercut so to speak. With that new info, I'll take heed. No Tiger Blow then.

As for a Lv1 Tiger Raid.... Yeah, it would but I'm tossing that out due to my own laziness.  :P
#22  May 16, 2012, 12:36:34 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
Following!!

anxious to see the evolution of Muai Thai beast!

DW

#23  June 16, 2012, 01:26:24 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
*blows the dust off this topic  ;P*

Well, I'm not very good at mutlitasking, so I only concentrate on one thing at a time. However, this suits me, because I'm a firm believer in quality of quanity. So, with Mai and Poison out of the way now, I can finally start work on Sagat. My nephew was pretty sore at me when he asked me how things were going with Sagat, and I told him I hadn't even started lol. Still was working on Mai. I showed him though it was due to all the new stuff contributed to Mai that I was still working on her.

Anyway...I had said in another thread once I was done with Mai, I was going to take a break. That still applies somewhat, but I've already began to compile Sagat's SFF. Most of the required sprites are in. I'll more than likely put up some pics of progress before this month is out. I plan on getting at least all his nomals and system abilities established before this month is out. Take a bit of a break, then finish him up. Enough for a beta release some time next month. More than likely towards the end of next month for the beta. Just wanted to give an update to anyone wondering how are things going with him. In the starting stages of him.  Promise to post up some progess pics of him before this month is out.
Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:19:37 pm by DivineWolf
#24  June 16, 2012, 02:57:10 am
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
just happened to stumble on this thread, its awesome that you're taking on sagat! *.* please dont leave the tiger blow behind >.< I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes it better than the tiger uppercut o.o

DW

#25  June 16, 2012, 07:23:14 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm sorry SilentRipper... :( I just don't see myself adding it in knowing what I know now from Jmorphman's info. I'm not going to make Tiger Blow his basic special uppercut, while making Tiger Uppercut the EX version. Which making it that way would be the only way it'd be feasible. Just gonna stick with Tiger Uppercut overall.
#26  June 16, 2012, 07:59:19 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Hope you paid SEan dat Money for Skullo, : P. Either way, can't wait for Sagat either.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!

DW

#27  June 16, 2012, 08:08:23 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Money hasn't rolled in yet, but it should before this month is out. Don't worry, it'll be announced once I have.  ;) Thanks for the support.
#28  June 16, 2012, 11:47:53 pm
sagat is one of my fave characters cant wait for this one
sig by jvalent2
#29  June 16, 2012, 11:52:42 pm
  • Bang Bang!!!
Nice I can't wait for this sagat to come with pots style it will be very great to have to the pots collection.
#30  June 17, 2012, 02:32:48 am
Do you plan to add his command moves, focus attack and new normals from sfiv? His anti-crouch punch and foward hard kick would be amazing. His focus attack could work like a new special move, similar to ryu`s Joudan Sokotou Geri but leaving the oponent standing.
#31  June 17, 2012, 05:58:51 am
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
I'm sorry SilentRipper... :( I just don't see myself adding it in knowing what I know now from Jmorphman's info. I'm not going to make Tiger Blow his basic special uppercut, while making Tiger Uppercut the EX version. Which making it that way would be the only way it'd be feasible. Just gonna stick with Tiger Uppercut overall.

Its a shame really, I would expect a Sagat with all his moves... I'm sure it'll work fine nonetheless, bests of luck dude!  :sugoi:

DW

#32  June 18, 2012, 02:20:23 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
sagat is one of my fave characters cant wait for this one

Nice I can't wait for this sagat to come with pots style it will be very great to have to the pots collection.

Thanks for the support.

Do you plan to add his command moves, focus attack and new normals from sfiv? His anti-crouch punch and foward hard kick would be amazing. His focus attack could work like a new special move, similar to ryu`s Joudan Sokotou Geri but leaving the oponent standing.

No sir, not doing. (lol Dcat ftw)

EDIT:
Wait...maybe the forward hard kick. Those sprites are actually already in his CVS spriteset. As for the others... Nope.

Its a shame really, I would expect a Sagat with all his moves... I'm sure it'll work fine nonetheless, bests of luck dude!  :sugoi:

Every move isn't nessecary really. Ecspecially if it's a downgrade of a move. I'll think about it though, but odds are, I won't. Still, thanks for the support.
Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:27:04 am by DivineWolf

DW

#33  July 10, 2012, 09:13:31 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Let's just throw dates or "expected" times of completion out the window. Because there's really no telling when I'll have him ready to go lol. Sometimes I feel like working on MUGEN and sometimes I don't. Lately, I have felt like doing something. So, he's a bit of progress and update on his development.

All required sprites and anims have been done, along with their hitboxes and all. So, effectively Sagat is nothing more than a punching bag right now lol. That's how I do it with all my chars though. I start from the "bottom" up so to speak. I add all required stuff and all, then add in system abilties, normal attacks/grabs, so on...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

From there one basic intro has been added, one win pose, lose/time over pose, walking, jumping, etc...

All the hitsparks and fx have been added and animated as well, just haven't added the coding in yet. Once I add in the Tiger Shot fx and all, 20S has agreed to hires them for me. I've actually decided to give Sagat a unique attack based off someone's suggestion of it. Also because the sprites are already in the set, so there's no need to request any edits from anyone. A front thrust kick that'll basically work like my Mai's "Fierce Blossom" unique attack. As far as Max T. Genocide = T. Destruction goes.... I may not even bother with it, because I'll need edits. I can't do it, I'm not going to pay anyone to do it, and that's that really. If anyone is willing to edit that last uppercut portion where Sagat is facing toward the screen for me, that'd be great and I'll add it. If not, oh well. Everything else as far as my ideas for his moveset remains the same. As far as any special intros... I'll add the one that he has agianst Adon like H's Sagat and Adon. It'll be compatible with H's Adon and if I remember correctly someone here was planning to make a PotS style Adon right? So, I'll intergrate that intro with that creator. Can't remember who it was though... I'm also gonna add one extra special intro against someone's char...but I'll keep that one a secret for now. I've already PM'd that person about it, it'll be a nice little surprise.  ;)
#34  July 15, 2012, 12:38:23 am
  • Was it something I said?
Sagat's looking really good.  ;)

For special intros, Basara, I believe is making a PotS Adon. You should add the special intro against Ryu too, not sure if he had one against Dan..... perhaps that was his father he was holding, not sure if that counts though....
#35  July 15, 2012, 12:44:42 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Sagat has one against Dan in CvS2; I don't remember what it was though.

I think it may have been Sagat laughing.
#36  July 15, 2012, 12:49:30 am
  • Was it something I said?
Yeah, you're right Jmorph, it was that one.

In SFA3, he has another one where he uppercuts or throws Dan's father, but that was against Ryu for some strange reason.

DW

#37  July 15, 2012, 03:26:13 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Sagat's looking really good.  ;)

For special intros, Basara, I believe is making a PotS Adon. You should add the special intro against Ryu too, not sure if he had one against Dan..... perhaps that was his father he was holding, not sure if that counts though....

Ah, so that's the creator's name who's making PotS' style Adon. Alright, thanks for the info. I'm sorry, that post I made in terms of "special" intros may have been a bit misleading. By "special" I meant non CVS ones/custom ones. Of course I'm going to add the ones he had in CVS like the ones against Ryu, King, Dan, so on. Yeah the tossing a person out was a SFA3 intro, which I'm not adding that one. Superfluous IMO. Hope that clears it up.

Sagat has one against Dan in CvS2; I don't remember what it was though.

I think it may have been Sagat laughing.

Yeah, he just laughs at him though. Which is essentially his intro against everyone save Ryu, King, and Joe. It's more so Dan has the special dialouge and intro against Sagat. So, there's nothing I need to do there. That's on Dan's end.

Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 03:36:12 am by DivineWolf

DW

#38  August 14, 2012, 02:07:20 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
So...some people may be wondering/asking...

"What the hell are you up to, Wolf?"
"Where is Sagat?!"
"Where did Kung Fu Man come from?"

Well, I'm finally gonna answer some of those questions, along with some new developments.

Q: What the hell am I up to?
A: Currently working on my custom version of Kung Fu Girl. Using the "Another" Kung Fu Girl sprites by S.Y.D. Here's some pics...

Currently about 70% done give or take. All normal attacks, system abilites, and so on are done. Normal throws, specials, and supers are what's left. Using the young female voice clips made by Rina-Chan and they fit in very nicely. I contacted her and asked her for some extra clips that I wanted and she agreed to it. So, she'll have a very nice custom voice set. I took out any novelty/joke/unbalanced moves. So she won't have Yamazaki's hand whip attacks, Krizalid's multi-punch super, that weird ghost projectile, etc. If you don't like that, I can't help you. S.Y.D's version is still there with those moves intacted. Use that version. DO NOT suggest or ask me to add in any of those moves, because it will be a waste of your time/I'll ignore it/I'm not gonna do it/do it yourself.

Her moveset from me will hold more true to Kung Fu Man himself, though with her own twist and unique moves that he does not. Sexy KO will be kept(you're welcome :P). I had to implement extra coding for that, but it wasn't that big of a deal. So, now you know what I'm working on now.

Q: Where is Sagat?!
A: Cancelled... Lol, no I'm kidding. He is on hold however until KFG is complete. 20S hi-res'd his fx some time ago so he's all set. He's pretty well along already. I added in all his normals attacks, just haven't mapped them with clsns and all.

Q: Where did Kung Fu Man come from?
A: Paying my respects to Elecbyte. I was always going to do it, just never revealed it to anyone.

Q: What's on the horizon?
A: Well, as most of you know, I paid off Sean, so Skullomania is definitely in the near future. You can check out his progress in Sean's CvtW thread on his version of him. My moveset for him is essentially the same, though with all his supers/specials from SFEX. I'll go more into my version of him later though, as it's really to early to be speaking on it now.

I have another character that will join my squad... However, I won't be revealing who that is. :P I will tell you that it will be a female, but she's not apart of Capcom or SNK. Dampir will be helping me out on the edits I need for her. You may like her, you may not... Regardless, I like her, and I want to make her.

Skullomania is a joint project between Sean and I, and it's really cool to collaborate with other MUGEN contributors. I was contacted via PM several days ago by Felo_Llop and he asked me would I like to work on his C.Viper that he's currently working on. I more than likely will. However, Basara said in his thread that he would take her on as well. So, if Basara is going to, there's really no sense in me going in on her. Much like Felo_Llop's Rose, Basara will be making her in PotS' style. There's really no sense in 2 creators making the same char in the exact same style. Yeah, my style is slightly different from PotS' original scheme, but not by much. It's just my preference of Advancing Guard and MAX Power mode over Excel Combo that are the real differences.

I saw C.Viper's sprites and they are beautiful, just like Rose's. Felo_Llop is truly talented in the ways of spriting. It blows my mind just how good a lot of the sprite artists here are. Sean, Felo_Llop, Diepod, Balthazar, Dampir, James Fernadez. I'm sure there are a good amount more as well. I really wouldn't be able to decline any of these guys if they wanted to collaborate with me lol. So, C. Viper may be on the horizon as a joint project between me and Felo_Llop.

Anything else? Nope. I haven't announced this yet, however I told Lost Avenger this over YIM. After Skullomania and possibly C.Viper(though she wasn't a factor at the time I was talking to Lost Avenger), I'm done. Definitely for the remainder of this year. I won't say I will never create anything ever again...but I won't be heavy into it anymore like I am now. Unless I'm hit with a really great project idea/someone wants to collaborate with me with a awesome project. This doesn't mean I'm going to disappear from MFG, TM, etc. I'll still be around, just not coding/creating anymore. So, that's what's going on with me. I'm sorry about not keeping you guys posted on a steady basis, but I get lost in things and forget to post progress. I'm also very lazy in this regard of posting updates. :P

Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:50:51 am by DivineWolf
#39  August 14, 2012, 02:22:28 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
that small portrait... ugh I know is not Riku´s fault but doesn´t look good at all :P some good fan art of her please? whatever the char is looking good and hope doesn´t end as broken as S.Y.D version

Good luck with her [size=2pt]And with Skullo, ESPECIALLY SKULLO[/size]
Chilling
#40  August 14, 2012, 02:23:10 am
Best of luck with all that, you're really good. Hopefully you won't end up leaving the forum in your hiatus, you seem pretty cool. Also I'm heavily anticipating Sagat, make me proud.  :sugoi: