YesNoOk

Silva WIPs: The Hulk Rough Beta (Read 175986 times)

Started by NDSilva, August 30, 2016, 02:30:52 am
Share this topic:
Re: The Silver WIPs: Dr. Wily's mad palettes
#61  August 19, 2017, 06:36:38 am
yeah I meant to say clashes with sprites
#62  August 19, 2017, 11:22:43 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Hmmn, you guys have contrasting opinions in this aspect. I see both points, thanks for the comments all in all.

Well, the truth is, the assists idea brings me so much hype that I will proclaim it now officialy part of the project. I'll be using the old platform sprites and give them a "holographic/illusion" theme in hope they don't feel too clashing in style. For the people who don't like the 8-bit assists idea, maybe it can be disabled in the Config file...? Well, I could also update everything whenever more original animations become avaiable in the future;

Showing the new and completely functional Assist System! (those icons below the lifebar)

Heavily based on the first Marvel vs. Capcom. But also has a small feature from the KoF 2000 strykers - you'll see in the end result, or might figure out by the screenshot.

Now I just need to bring some actual helpers. This shall be interesting...
Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:27:42 pm by NDSilva
#63  August 20, 2017, 07:26:51 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Put in Config file is a good idea, or... Search for good Robot Masters sprites in this same style.

You can put 2 versions sprites of this robots, "retro-style" and "new style" in config mode, perhaps.
#64  August 20, 2017, 10:28:26 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
How about make him look like he pushes a button (or buttons), the ship levels out and pauses for a sec and "beams down" one of the robot masters?

If the bot sprites are going to be that big this idea wouldn't really work as well unless you have him either: not able to do it unless Y distance from ground, or the move makes him reposition higher to perform the move.

Give the bot a brief sinewave PalFX and appropriate sound effect that emphasizes the digital aspect.

I think this would make it look more like he's creating a digital version.

Re: The Silver WIPs: Dr. Wily and Central Museum
#65  August 23, 2017, 04:39:15 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Then it would be sorta like this?

Really thanks for the idea, bro!
Right now he goes to a specific position just like the remote mine move. The spotlight goes there for 2/3 of a second, so enemies have this amount of time to chase Wily and prevent the assist attacks.

At this point at least 3 cameos are planned for the move now called Holographic Assist. But depending on how the hype goes, the amount of robot masters may or may not increase. We'll see.
Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 04:45:30 am by NDSilva
#66  August 23, 2017, 04:45:05 am
Some suggestions if you wanted something a little more MVC-style:
-Heat Man by Daeron - Probably my favorite set of RM sprites in this style.  I can't recall if anyone ever did anything with these.
-Any of O Illusionista's MM characters - Top Man, Burst Man, Shadow Man, and Elec Man all have some pretty decent sprites.  He's even got a nice Yellow Devil and Metool if you wanted to incorporate them somehow.
-Cut Man by Eternaga - Not sure if anyone has a working link, but IIRC he had the best sprite set.
-IMT's Mega Man characters - Air Man, Crash Man, Metal Man, and Ice Man all look serviceable IMO.  Might be able to dig up some stuff on the Robot Master Mayhem game they were/are working on.

I'm sure there's more floating around out there, this is just what I can remember from the long long ago.
#67  August 23, 2017, 05:17:24 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Thanks for listing them, I will take this into consideration. But, I would feel kinda bad dropping the 8-bit stuff now that some work has been done.

Maybe if... it turns out to be 2 different moves? Building both the MvC style assists and the holograms thing, if that doesn't feel too clashing and overly crazy.
Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 05:32:24 am by NDSilva
#68  August 23, 2017, 06:04:00 am
  • Just living life one post at a time
    • USA
To be honest, it sounds off because there would be some confusion as to why some are 8-but while some are higher quality.

The only way I can think it would work by a small margin is if it were a normal special and an EX variant.
#69  August 23, 2017, 06:19:52 am
That 8 bit actually looks dope...maybe if the green light stayed on the whole time and you control both wily and the robot
#70  August 23, 2017, 07:02:00 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Some suggestions if you wanted something a little more MVC-style:
-Heat Man by Daeron - Probably my favorite set of RM sprites in this style.  I can't recall if anyone ever did anything with these.
-Any of O Illusionista's MM characters - Top Man, Burst Man, Shadow Man, and Elec Man all have some pretty decent sprites.  He's even got a nice Yellow Devil and Metool if you wanted to incorporate them somehow.
-Cut Man by Eternaga - Not sure if anyone has a working link, but IIRC he had the best sprite set.
-IMT's Mega Man characters - Air Man, Crash Man, Metal Man, and Ice Man all look serviceable IMO.  Might be able to dig up some stuff on the Robot Master Mayhem game they were/are working on.

I'm sure there's more floating around out there, this is just what I can remember from the long long ago.

Good idea, I liked this.

PS: If you want continue with the robot-masters in 8-bits style, in Megaman X8 is possible to fight versus a cutman in 8-bits style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMIt9mR7FEQ

Here you can see your idea in action, but, I'll prefer the Robot Masters Sprites in MvC style.

Good luck! =)
#71  August 23, 2017, 03:51:22 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Then it would be sorta like this?
Yep, that is exactly what I had in mind!

What I was also thinking, but didn't spell out verbatim, was that the bot could have a very intermittent sinewave type PalFX after the beam anim goes away - just to further convey that the bot has been created on-the-fly digitally.  I wouldn't suggest mixing 8-bit and high res bots, unless...

Here's another thought... if you want to do the 8-bit AND high res, make them 2 different tiers of the attack.  So more Power cost, more charge-up time, stronger beam anim, making the whole screen flash, etc for the high res bots.  Maybe over-dramatisize the high res version by having him equip a pair of heavy duty goggles for the crazy flash that beam causes.

Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:54:50 pm by altoiddealer
#72  August 23, 2017, 11:42:14 pm
What if you used the 8-bit sprites for assists, but the MVC style ones for a Level 3 Hyper?  Have Wily call in a bunch of them to attack the opponent with their different powers from off screen.  That would differentiate that they're the "real" Robot Masters, and the ones projected from the ship are holograms.

I don't wanna judge until I see it in motion, but judging by the screenshot I'm not the biggest fan of the filter used on the 8-bit sprites.  How would they look without the filter, but the PalFX dealie altoiddealer suggested?
#73  August 26, 2017, 10:06:58 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
PS: If you want continue with the robot-masters in 8-bits style, in Megaman X8 is possible to fight versus a cutman in 8-bits style.
This proves the 8-bit style is actually part of the Mega Man canon. :P

It's now set: both 8-bit and MvC-esque robots will show up during Dr. Wily assist moves. Agreed that the best way to have some consistence with this is by having different conditions to call them.

Already built the base for each type - the "old school" holograms and the new hyper, carefully named Master of Robots -

^ when I get enough cameos I'll turn this hyper into a Lvl.3. Different 8-bit strykers are also planned to show up using different motions.
#74  August 31, 2017, 04:31:24 pm
  • Lone Wolf
    • Argentina
Looking nice Silva! hopefully we can get Pharaoh Man in there since he's one of my favourite Robot Masters

"What do you see in me? a man or a beast?"
#75  August 31, 2017, 08:39:19 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
So I took the challenge and made one pal:

#76  September 01, 2017, 04:45:37 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
How hard would it be to make a Neo Cortex pal?
#77  September 02, 2017, 01:37:05 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
You know, when I was creating the pal I thought about the same thing XD
But I kinda suck in making inspired palettes. To be honest the only thing I like in mine was the energy ball.
Well I can try.
Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 01:49:21 am by L.E.O.N
#78  September 02, 2017, 05:57:59 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
#79  September 04, 2017, 06:17:34 pm
  • Lone Wolf
    • Argentina
Dr. Eggman/Robotnik? Check
Rick Sanchez? Check
Dr. Cortex? Check

Now all we need is a Fawful palette.. i would make one myself but i have no experience making character palettes

"What do you see in me? a man or a beast?"
#80  September 04, 2017, 08:05:49 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII