YesNoOk

NGPC chars - Sprite sheets (Read 84463 times)

Started by Ulisan, April 02, 2014, 01:56:30 am
Share this topic:
Re: NGPC chars - Sprite sheets
#61  January 13, 2015, 05:08:31 pm
  • MESSATSU!!
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/svculisan
 You mean the portraits, right?
 I will reduce some too huge pixeled images, they have a limit. lol

Thanks for the tips!
#62  January 13, 2015, 05:17:56 pm
this isn't ff first contact, it's your own game. the first contact select screen looks ugly as sin.

when i say pixel sizes are all over the place, i mean you've got way too many different pixel sizes in one image, when you should just stick with one. make everything 2x2 or 3x3 or whatever, just don't use too many pixel sizes. a quick scan through the image and i noticed all these different pixel sizes

this is the main reason it looks like a mess
#63  January 14, 2015, 06:17:00 am
  • MESSATSU!!
    • Brazil
 The pixels sizes will have different sizes because is impossible to keep the standard in all the games i have ripped sources, and the situation demandas, but i can make less obnoxious.

Like this:
 Ryu and Sho are 4x bigger, the scenario too, the portraits 2x and the HUB is 1x sized, by myself. The numbers and letters are not the same size every time.

Select Screen:
 3x bigger for portrait and background, but simple for the select icons and pictures, to keep them aligned to the big screen.

The game is to make the pixels big, focused in big pixels at the screen, for pixel lovers!
#64  January 15, 2015, 01:03:05 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
that select screen looks really ugly. pixel sizes are all over the place, the portraits look bad at that size, and the PLAYER SELECT logo looks just really bad

I can't believe I will say that, but I agree with Titiln :) I don't like the mix of many pixel sizes.
#65  January 15, 2015, 01:35:46 am
i don't mean to sound rude, i mean it's your project and you don't have to do any of the shit i'm saying, but you say this is for pixel lovers. as someone that appreciates pixel art and making the most out of tiny resolutions with very limited space for pixels (games like MOTM managed to look relatively sleek considering the system resolution was 160x152 and colors were very limited), i find a lot of your artistic decisions questionable. there's no reason you can't make the lifebars and portraits use the same pixel size as most of the other things on screen (the characters and stages seem to use the same size). they look really weird next to all those massive pixels, especially the timer font. the character name font is weird. pixel sizes aren't equal and the white pixels are surrounded by a 1x1 gray border. snk pulled off something that looked very nice and they had way more limitations than you do, so why can't you?

the PLAYER SELECT text on the select screen is a huge offender. it's mostly huge red pixels surrounded by tiny gray pixels of varying sizes. i take back what i said about the fatal fury first contact select screen. the original one is pleasant to look at.

i don't know what you used to resize the original PLAYER SELECT text but it was completely mauled
#66  January 15, 2015, 09:32:54 pm
  • MESSATSU!!
    • Brazil
 I'm not offended, just chill!

I am going to do the best between graphical limitations, different sizes of pixels  and patterns, and is not a re-make, is a based on game.
 I appreciate your help and attention, for all of the guys here, criticism is really necessary, don't worry about disagree.
 The Forum purpose are not to everybody watch and comment?

But rude, you really want to sound! Hahahahahaha

Despise of all the previous things happened in the MGuild, i really don't care, let's be mature people enough to just criticize the game, with focus in the graphic, sound,spritework and etc and the the past in the past.

Be free to comment, it's a DEMO that i'm testing here (just the Chars are almost done) before launch, to more test and criticize.

OBS: Guys, i can share spritesheets just for the chars from the previous game, not for the W.I.P.
 Related chars from first game:
 - Gill
 - Mizuchi/Orochi
 - Sho
 - Ryu
 - Remy
 - Ash
 - Takuma
 - Gouki
 - Iori (flameless)
 - Morrigan

The debut of the my edited chars in another game? No, just after. I hope you guys understand.
#67  January 19, 2015, 11:57:16 pm
  • MESSATSU!!
    • Brazil
STREET FIGHTER ULTRA AND V HYPE!!
 Since the announcement of SF V the hype is so big and i made a hyper level 1 like the "Denjin Mode" for Ryu, but like a sequence of moves that was in the SF V trailer and gameplay video.

For Level 3, the Metsu Shoryuken like in SF 4 franchise.
#68  February 09, 2015, 08:40:15 pm
  • MESSATSU!!
    • Brazil
Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 08:43:54 pm by Ulisan
#69  March 02, 2015, 08:17:56 pm
  • MESSATSU!!
    • Brazil
#70  March 02, 2015, 08:48:48 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
This is some good looking stuff you got going there~

I didn't feel the need to point it out before, but there is one thing that bothers me regarding the stage cameos. It's mostly the fact that the characters in it are in a really different resolution from the rest of the game and stage. For a sample:

Just look at how Mizoguchi stands out from the stage, it's just weird.

Shit
#71  March 02, 2015, 09:26:15 pm
  • MESSATSU!!
    • Brazil
 It was to looks far, but does not work. lol

I am already re-doing this stuffs and the pallete errors that i found after the publish! Thanks for the tip!
#72  April 01, 2015, 02:19:48 am
  • MESSATSU!!
    • Brazil
#73  April 05, 2015, 03:39:13 am
Excelente

#74  April 09, 2015, 06:49:24 am
  • MESSATSU!!
    • Brazil
PLAYBOY FIGHTERS ARE MADE!!

Next: Batsu and Kyo!
#75  April 09, 2015, 06:57:10 am
  • Shit
Oh hell yes

Shit
#76  April 09, 2015, 08:17:48 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Is one of the reasons you have Sho from Breakers in this roster is because to make the obvious special move reference SHO RYU KEN?

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#77  April 09, 2015, 07:41:15 pm
  • MESSATSU!!
    • Brazil
 Hahahahahahah! I never noticed this!! Good, i will use this!

Thanks for the compliments, everybody!
#78  April 13, 2015, 05:58:42 am
  • #flop
    • Chile
Robert!!!! wooo!!! :cool4:
#79  April 17, 2015, 02:48:15 am
  • MESSATSU!!
    • Brazil
BATSU & KYO ARE DONE!
Batsu by Daeron
Extra Kyo sprites by Chamat

More to come!!
#80  April 18, 2015, 03:06:42 am
  • Shit
That looks good, but Batsu's hair looks a lot less... spikier.

Shit