YesNoOk

How do I create a vs screen with 4 fighters TAG match? (Read 1170 times)

Started by kildor, January 23, 2019, 12:53:46 pm
Share this topic:
How do I create a vs screen with 4 fighters TAG match?
#1  January 23, 2019, 12:53:46 pm
First post in ten years lol but I can’t figure this out and I’m making my own game.

I want the vs screen to show portraits of p1-p4

I make a ton of stuff I just need to know if there’s a code I put in somewhere to make this happen. Thanks!
Re: How do I create a vs screen with 4 fighters TAG match?
#2  January 23, 2019, 03:01:35 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Font substitution. Give each character a 1 letter name and set up the portraits in the font.
#3  January 23, 2019, 03:11:17 pm
Font substitution. Give each character a 1 letter name and set up the portraits in the font.

Hmm. So if I did that then in the match they won’t display their names by their lifebars tho, correct?

I’m using uno not add004 so I’m not sure.

Could you give me an example line(s) so I could play around and do some testing?
#4  January 23, 2019, 03:29:50 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
are you using a lifebar with custom ports? You could probably just set p1.pos and p2.pos in [name] somewhere offscreen and just put the name in the port lol.

I believe that's how they do it in the Big Bang Beat Revolution fullgame, which accomplished pretty much what you're trying (they use Uno as well).
#5  January 23, 2019, 03:42:47 pm
Lol good idea. Yea I’m making my own ports. So I’ll add names to the 9000,3 pics for vs screen and I’m gonna have to think of something for lifebar ports for names.

But I’m not sure what to enter for making the font configuration. Would I make a file and place it in the fonts folder? Guess I need an example code to see visually then I can play with it once I understand how it should be.