YesNoOk

Last movie you watched + 2 lines review. (Read 1010558 times)

Started by walt, August 28, 2007, 04:18:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last movie you watched + 2 lines review.
#61  February 16, 2008, 12:05:50 am
  • SNK is life
27 Dresses

haha
chick flick.
#62  February 16, 2008, 12:24:26 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Conan the Barbarian

haha
chick fli oh wait
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#63  February 17, 2008, 01:00:54 am
  • ~Cry Havoc And Let Loose The Dogs Of War~
Fool's Gold, good movie has great humour in it only 2 people that came to see that movie out of like 500 said it was boring, I plan to watch The Spiderwick Chronicles next, I really want to see the new rambo though and dude I want to see Meet the Spartans
When you know a thing, to hold that you know it; and when you do not know a thing, to allow that you do not know it - this is knowledge.
Confucius
#64  February 17, 2008, 04:32:57 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Das Experiment

Oh wow, these guards are fucked up. I wonder how much is based on the real event.
im a conscious dreamer

#65  February 17, 2008, 04:55:11 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Night of the Dead by George Romero.

I can't believe how much better old horror/zombie movies are than the new shitty ones.
This movie had some truly scary moments which have an impact rather than the overused "jump out and boo" thing that movie's have nowadays.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#66  February 17, 2008, 05:31:54 pm
  • Gotta go fast!!
    • www.bmarquis.com/forum/index.php
Jumper, by the makers of The Bourne Identity.

It was grood.

It could've been much better.
Signature by my pal, Signature Queen TempesT!!

#67  February 18, 2008, 04:53:36 pm
  • corner push pusher
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Moive: Six Degrees of Separation (Donald Sutherland, Will Smith, Stockard Channing)

Review: This is an older movie (1993 I think)...if you can put aside your daily intake of anime & video games and want to appreciate one of the greatest satire pieces the 90s ever produced, this is definitely the movie. Based on a real-life story (in the 80s), David Hampton (Will Smith) is a con man who hustles many upper middle-class families by portraying himself as Paul Poitier, the son of Sidney Poitier (alledgedly...). When you see Will Smith dissertate his point-of-view on the book "The Catcher In The Rye".....trust me, you will agree that he is the ultimate bullshitter. Other stars include Heather Graham and Anthony Michael Hall.

This is Will Smith's first starring role in a movie....and I must say, it's the greatest. Two :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
#68  February 18, 2008, 06:11:41 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
A League of their own.

This is a movie about a women's baseball team in the 40's (there's more, but this is supposed to be short). I rather enjoyed the movie, and there were some good lines in there.

ARE YOU CRYING!? THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!!!

I can't believe how much better old horror/zombie movies are than the new shitty ones.

The newer Dawn of the Dead movie was badass, regardless of what anyone says. Also, I feel obliged to include Shawn of the Dead as well.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#69  February 19, 2008, 02:18:27 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
The newer Dawn of the Dead movie was badass, regardless of what anyone says. Also, I feel obliged to include Shawn of the Dead  well.

I think I should quote George Romero on the new Dawn of the Dead

George Romero said:
The first 15, 20 minutes were terrific, but it sort of lost its reason for being. It was more of a video game. I'm not terrified of things running at me; it's like Space Invaders. There was nothing going on underneath.

Also Shawn of the Dead is a parody so...
#70  February 19, 2008, 09:05:52 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
Okay just got finished watching a little film called "Eraserhead". And I think one word describes it more than any 2 lines ever could. And that one word is:

WHAT
#71  February 19, 2008, 09:15:52 am
  • Never give up
A movie called: Little Man

The plot of the film was god awful, but it had a huge amount of funny scenes. If you're bored and need some laughs, I highly recommend this movie. The wayans brothers are hilarious.
#72  February 19, 2008, 09:24:35 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Okay just got finished watching a little film called "Eraserhead". And I think one word describes it more than any 2 lines ever could. And that one word is:

WHAT

After reading the wiki,i wondered how you could sit through more than 5 minutes of it.
#73  February 19, 2008, 09:47:05 am
Last movie I watched: Meet the Spartans

Review: It was directed by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (the guys that brought you Epic Movie and Date Movie). The last sentence should have been a clear indication to stay the fuck away.

Final verdict: I want 84 minutes of my life back.
#74  February 19, 2008, 10:04:26 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
After reading the wiki,i wondered how you could sit through more than 5 minutes of it.
The Nicovideo comments helped. Apparently someone thought the baby looked like Yoshi. :P
#75  February 19, 2008, 02:30:18 pm
The newer Dawn of the Dead movie was badass, regardless of what anyone says. Also, I feel obliged to include Shawn of the Dead  well.

I think I should quote George Romero on the new Dawn of the Dead

George Romero said:
The first 15, 20 minutes were terrific, but it sort of lost its reason for being. It was more of a video game. I'm not terrified of things running at me; it's like Space Invaders. There was nothing going on underneath.

Also Shawn of the Dead is a parody so...

It may have not been a good "horror" movie, but it was a good zombie movie, that that's what I'm going by. At least it was far better than Land of the Dead.

And that's the reason Shawn of the Dead was mentioned: it's a parody. I just felt "obliged" to mention it.

A movie called: Little Man

The plot of the film was god awful, but it had a huge amount of funny scenes.

Yeah, I kind of agree with this.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#76  February 19, 2008, 05:54:16 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Batman vs Dracula

Surprisingly good, considering it was The Batman.
Now I feel like reading Red Rain.
im a conscious dreamer

#77  February 19, 2008, 05:57:22 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Leon

Some emo loli befriends Leon the hitman, plenty of training montages...
Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 07:04:38 pm by Insanius
#78  February 19, 2008, 06:51:01 pm

Cenobite 53 said:
#79  February 19, 2008, 06:52:51 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
The movie has four names.
#80  February 19, 2008, 06:56:07 pm
Somehow, I guessed that... but 4 names? I've seen movies with 2 names, but four? Wow.

Cenobite 53 said: