YesNoOk

[RUMOR] The PayPal Hold - For All Artists (Read 1543 times)

Started by no1wammy, November 18, 2017, 06:40:34 pm
Share this topic:
[RUMOR] The PayPal Hold - For All Artists
#1  November 18, 2017, 06:40:34 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Earlier today, a DeviantArt user claimed that the artist's payment has been put on the 21-day holding list. I didn't believe it at first until I found this community post which dates all the way back to 2011: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/eBay-and-PayPal-Archive/A-Fair-Solution-To-The-21-Day-Hold/td-p/316498

Supposedly this is done to weed out any unusual transactions.

But now it's looking real: Twitter Search for "PayPal hold"

Biggest Offender

PayPal has been used for servicing art commissions, usually of the adult hentai kind. The art pieces are not tangible hard copies like on canvas or 8½"x11" paper; they are in the form of digital electronic data, thus there is no shipping involved. For the past few years, PayPal has been trying to crack down on adult art, but because there's too many on the web to moderate, they've been left with no choice but to apply the hold to everybody. This would make it easier for PayPal to terminate accounts that use its service for hentai art commissions, as none of them use shipping or tracking numbers. The entire art community will be hugely effected by this hidden enforcement, and it won't be just limited to hentai artists; SFW artists and sprite artists could be coupled into the group as well.

I am currently looking into payment alternatives, and intend to secure a meeting with a website manager later today regarding PayPal's new motives. And let's not even get into Bitcoin, because that service is a one-way currency converter - once you exchange your money for Bitcoin currency, there is no way to change it back. And if there is, you would have do it with a 3rd party and pay a conversion fee.

For all digital artist that do not use shipping who use PayPal, keep an eye on this. We gotta stop it.
Re: [RUMOR] The PayPal Hold - For All Artists
#2  November 18, 2017, 06:52:55 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Re: [RUMOR] The PayPal Hold - For All Artists
#3  November 18, 2017, 07:16:37 pm
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
If it's true guess my sister is screwed lol
I need more PSN friends