YesNoOk

Vesper - Sprite & Animation Update (Read 14796 times)

Started by Sean Altly, November 15, 2018, 01:32:20 am
Share this topic:
Vesper - Sprite & Animation Update
#1  November 15, 2018, 01:32:20 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
So I didn't quite go with the full resprite, I did what I did with Zenith but a bit more in depth. Vesper has seen a redesign that requires mostly new faces to be drawn, as well as a redraw from her chest to her thighs. She has several new animations as well. Here are some screenshots to preview.

She has new animations for her Standing HP and HK, crouching HP, Jumping LK and HP. She has a new leaping grab option for her Bite special, so now you can either do a Vega-esque wall jump, or a Birdie-like mid-range leaping grab (both are blockable).

MOVELIST:

Command Normals

-Dawn Kick - B+HK - Repurposed an old special as a command normal. Very safe, backwards moving cartwheel kick that can only really be punished with supers

Special Moves

-Twilight Kick - Charge D,U+K - Flash-kick type anti-air attack
   -EX Version is a Shoryu-Reppa style attack with two multi-hitting Twilights, basically her old super, something I'm doing a lot in this game

-Sudden Dawn - Charge B,F+P - Quick traveling teleport punch
   -EX Version is projectile invincible and hits multiple times

-Dusk Kick - HCF+K - Forward moving cartwheel kick that hits overhead
   -EX Version available but the properties are still in the air

-Sunset Bite - HCB+P - HP version is a Vega-like wall jump into a blockable grab, LP version is a forward moving leaping grab. The Bite will randomly refill a small amount of health, drain a small amount of meter, or briefly make her attacks stronger

-Triangle Jump - HCB+K - Quickly jumps up to the back corner relative to her own back, then repels off for follow-up attacks
   -Sling Blade - Throw Button - An aerial grab that connects with grounded opponents where she does a swinging lariat to take them down

Super Moves

-L1 - From Dawn 'til Dusk - QCBx2+K - Does a fast Dawn Kick followed by a powerful Dusk Kick to the stunned, flying opponent

-L2 - 30 Days of Night - QCFx2+P - Fast-travelling half-screen distance teleport punch followed by a flurry of vicious attacks

-DM - Automatic Midnight - QCFx2+S - Performs Sunset Bite but this restores a small amount of health and makes all of her attacks unblockable for about 5 seconds afterwards

Kamekaze has brilliant gameplay ideas so once he gets hold of this update he may change a bunch of this, lol

Download Last Bout now!
Re: Vesper - Sprite & Animation Update
#2  November 15, 2018, 02:13:07 am
nice!
#3  November 16, 2018, 09:49:25 pm
  • Verily, The Young Male's Arrival is Proclaimed!
Interested to see what Kame wants to add. Lookin damn good so far (and not just the booty).
The Roasted Pheasant voice acting company is open for business. PM me, and I'll be glad to help.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
#4  November 18, 2018, 09:01:52 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Lol thanks for noticing, I purposely slimmed her waist and added shape to her booty, trying to make her a little more thicc as they say

Download Last Bout now!
#5  November 20, 2018, 04:06:27 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I like what I see. She was always fun to play.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.