YesNoOk

Jump Force (Naruto, DBZ, One Piece, Death Note) (Read 257161 times)

Started by yaret, June 11, 2018, 05:19:48 am
Share this topic:
Re: Jump Force (Naruto, DBZ, One Piece, Death Note)
#121  January 19, 2019, 12:21:53 pm
#122  January 19, 2019, 02:14:18 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#123  January 19, 2019, 03:30:41 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Well, mostly.  Right here it looks like his eyeballs are about to pop out of his dang skull.

What's the deal with Bort, anyway?  I get that it's the sequel to Naruto which I would assume would be pretty popular, but I only ever hear about it from internet types who are super angry that it exists at all.  I haven't read any of it, is it really that bad?
#124  January 19, 2019, 06:24:24 pm
It's a monthly manga that goes at the pace of a weekly manga. It's so slow it makes your brain melt. The art style is so weird compared to Naruto, and a lot of new dudes look like a bunch of pretty boys - except they're not, some of them are old men and fat guys, but the art style still makes them look like pretty boys because of how the artist draws eyes and hair. It's so weird. There are other random details that make the comparison to Naruto a bit difficult, it's too bad because it could have been its own thing and it would have been decent enough, just not anywhere close to Naruto popularity, and it does rely on you being familiar with the Naruto world and it's doing a decent job at that too, just not at all in the direction that Naruto was going. It's going all "new world tech" and dropping all the mystical stuff and mythology references that Naruto had.
(I'm saying all that from the manga, I have no idea what the anime does, since it's a weekly anime it probably does a fuckload more stuff than the manga).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

lui

#125  January 19, 2019, 06:27:30 pm
    • USA
The Anime and Manga are two distinct things because the anime takes place before the manga actually.

I think Boruto's pretty decent, i do like how they set up Boruto to be a bit more distinct from his father since he's learning under Sasuke instead of Naruto after all.

It's a good series and does delve back into the more personal stories, rather than raising the stakes high that it ends up being another one of those Shounen mangas that have end of the world stories but they end up being boring.
#126  January 20, 2019, 01:25:27 am
I only saw that Burito movie, but I dunno.
Maybe I just felt done with the franchise, didn't feel like continuing on it.
But that's just me I guess.
#127  January 20, 2019, 02:12:48 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#128  January 20, 2019, 02:44:09 am
    • USA
Toriyama making them royalties on this game.  All his DBZ guys, the new characters he designed for this game, and now Dragon Quest.  And if the rumors are true, Mami Koyama's personal website was recently updated saying she was voicing two characters in this game; Kaguya being one, and the other most prominent Jump character she voices is Arale.

And uggggggh worst Jojo.  Give me literally anybody else. Give me that fucking baby that Kakyoin fed its own shit before Jotaro. UGH.
#129  January 20, 2019, 02:53:20 am
You keep saying that even though you know the odds of that happening.
#130  January 20, 2019, 03:03:35 am
    • USA
Yeah yeah yeah.  I know Jotaro is inexplicably popular despite having literally no personality and zero likable qualities and no amount off petulant grumbling from me is gonna change that.

Doesn't mean I have to like it, though. 

:EDIT:  A new batch of screenshots for the new characters:

http://www.siliconera.com/2019/01/21/jump-forces-boruto-kakashi-kaguya-gaara-galena-and-kane-get-a-new-batch-of-screenshots/

They also confirmed that the Toriyama-designed OC villains Kane and Galena will be playable.  Also, continuing with the real world/manga world mashup theme, there's a Hidden Leaf Village stage with Big Ben jammed right in the middle of town.
Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 03:57:27 pm by Person Man
#131  January 24, 2019, 01:08:56 pm
    • USA
Bump for news:

Official reveal of Dai from this week's WSJ.

:EDIT:  And a new story mode trailer.

Shocker among shockers, serial murderer and duplicitous mastermind Light Yagami is not, in fact, one of the good guys after all.
Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 12:57:12 am by Person Man
#132  January 26, 2019, 11:06:20 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I wonder if they'd go as far as having him literally kill off the entire cast?  And what their intentions are for those who it doesn't really mean squat to because they have a less than concrete sense of finality in the afterlife?  Ichigo's already dead, Yusuke it doesn't matter much to, I don't think it would work properly on Atem when he's controlling Yugi's body?  Goku can literally just IT out of heaven back to life if need be with good intent.

Heck, Ichigo IS what Ryuk is to Light as a Shinigami.  Actually, that would be awesome, have him writing down names and Ichigo just interferes with Ryuk doing his thing.
#133  January 27, 2019, 12:42:52 am
    • USA
Light writes Kenshiro's name in the Death Note, and Kenshiro hits Light with hokuto shinken.  Both of them say "You are already dead" at the same time then explode.  The End.  Roll credits.
#134  January 28, 2019, 10:04:52 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
So...since Dai, a character from Shonen Jump's Dragon Quest manga is a playable...
...I can only imagine what the console exclusive guest character could be if Jump Force is to ever get a Switch port.
Infact, I think I know exactly who could fit the bill.
Hint: he's from a game on the Game Boy Advance that got a manga adaptation by Shonen Jump (the only time Shonen Jump adapted a Nintendo game into a manga as far as I know), but he also is known for his appearances in a certain series of Nintendo crossover games starting with the second installment on Gamecube. :3
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#135  January 29, 2019, 12:02:40 am
    • USA
Official gameplay reveal trailer for Bort and "Dragon Quest Character."

You know.  Dragon Quest Character.  The famous anime and manga icon, whose name is Dragon Quest Character.  Fuck's sake, Namco NA.
#136  January 29, 2019, 12:07:50 am
No no, it's "character reveal trailer".
The sword boy's name is
Dragon Quest.
#137  January 29, 2019, 12:21:09 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
They call him "Hero" in hentai, they should have rolled with that.
#138  January 29, 2019, 02:27:34 pm
didn't know you're in to little boys. but hey at least you're not kinky for eevee.
Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 02:32:11 pm by 地獄の花
#139  January 29, 2019, 02:51:54 pm
Please stop derailing this topic about little boys  :mlol:
#140  January 29, 2019, 03:53:33 pm
so what's the difference between burito and naruto? they look the same even they even have the same moves.