Yang Xiao Long v1.05 (Read 54223 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 17, 2018, 06:40:54 pm
Share this topic:
Yang Xiao Long v1.05
New #1  August 17, 2018, 06:40:54 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Hello Everyone.

I recently finished making Yang in a custom gameplay style, and decided to release this character to the public.

More screenshots in the spoiler.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Download her here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q7A-69ZusOMIAqQnyL7O2JbJqbqehNIf/view?usp=sharing

This is the first character that I have ever made from scratch, so feedback would be very much appreciated.

Have fun.
Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 07:42:24 am by OHMSBY
Re: Yang Xiao Long
#2  August 17, 2018, 07:42:24 pm
  • Palette Referencer MUSIC is my LYFE
    • USA
daaang ill try iy now ty for releasing her
[/img]http://imgur.com/PXKjXbP[/img]
#3  August 17, 2018, 07:53:46 pm
  • This looks like a job for... the Caped Avenger!
  • All-Out Gamer and Garfield fan
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/garfieldfan-mugen/home
I guess my interest is... BURNING.

Puns aside, this actually seems like a nice character. I'll try it out later.
"Heh. The Garfield strip's funny today."
~Garfield

Sprites in avatar by Wlan Productions
#4  August 17, 2018, 08:52:53 pm
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA

• 5B has too much hitstun. 5B into itself is an infinite.
  • Is her projectile supposed to be unblockable point blank?
  • Opponent can't tech from DP.
That's all I found so far.
#5  August 17, 2018, 09:17:27 pm
    • USA
This Yang is pretty solid. Thank God it's not another example of popular fandom characters poorly transitioning to Mugen. (Every Undertale and FNAF character in Mugen sucks ass)

You're gonna make the other three next? If you are, then don't rush it ^-^
#6  August 17, 2018, 09:40:10 pm
    • USA
I am going to make more reference colors for Yang.
#7  August 17, 2018, 09:45:51 pm
    • USA
  • 5B has too much hitstun. 5B into itself is an infinite.
  • Is her projectile supposed to be unblockable point blank?
  • Opponent can't tech from DP.
That's all I found so far.

- It took me a few tries to replicate it, and yup, that is definitely a thing that needs to be fixed.
- No, no it is not. I'm gonna have to look into that
- This was actually intentional. The DP has a lot of recovery frames. By the time her landing animation is over, the opponent would have already been able to get back up if they haven't already. (That is, unless you use a rapid cancel.)

Thanks for the feedback, I look forward to seeing more.

This Yang is pretty solid. Thank God it's not another example of popular fandom characters poorly transitioning to Mugen. (Every Undertale and FNAF character in Mugen sucks ass)

You're gonna make the other three next? If you are, then don't rush it ^-^

I was actually thinking about making either Mika, Gordeau, or Waldstein next, I'm having a hard time deciding. I may get around to the rest of team RWBY eventually though.

I am going to make more reference colors for Yang.

I look forward to seeing them.
#8  August 17, 2018, 10:54:29 pm
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
-Is her grab escapable? Because it doesn't seem that way?

-Sometimes when she cancels in the air, a glitch happens

-Can't grab her out of her dodge

-Does she have any damage damping?

-Her animation for her walking forward looks weird because it uses her backward walking animation
My hat is a pancake.
Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 11:06:01 pm by Weiss Circal
#9  August 17, 2018, 11:10:41 pm
    • USA
Well it's about time we get a good RWBY MUGEN character!
#10  August 17, 2018, 11:23:56 pm
    • USA

-Her animation for her walking forward looks weird because it uses her backward walking animation

- Nope, I made the grab work the same way it does in Guilty Gear X2.

- What exactly do you mean? Does she go into her standing animation or something? What exactly did you do to trigger this?

- That was an oversight, and it will be fixed.

- She does, but it shuts off when her semblance activates.

- Her Sprites are from Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, where there is no walk forward animations, only running. Since her sprites were made specifically for that game, it unfortunately can not be helped.

Keep the feedback coming.
#11  August 17, 2018, 11:44:20 pm
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA

- Nope, I made the grab work the same way it does in Guilty Gear X2.

- What exactly do you mean? Does she go into her standing animation or something? What exactly did you do to trigger this?

- That was an oversight, and it will be fixed.

- She does, but it shuts off when her semblance activates.

- Her Sprites are from Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, where there is no walk forward animations, only running. Since her sprites were made specifically for that game, it unfortunately can not be helped.

Keep the feedback coming.

-Still, it's kinda annoying

-She stands in the air

-I know, but still
My hat is a pancake.
#12  August 18, 2018, 12:02:53 am
    • USA

-She stands in the air

-I know, but still

I will look into this air cancel bug. Is there a particular move to cancel that causes this glitch, or does this just happen in general?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. The air cancel was labeled as a standing type action instead of air. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 12:55:15 am by OHMSBY
#13  August 18, 2018, 01:12:56 am
  • ̢̻̮̫̬̹̞̼̲̪̜̭͇̲͒ͪ̌ͬ̒̄̔̐͘͟ͅ ̢̋ͬ̓͗̏̇̌̑͐ͤ͗̔̊̕͏̴̣͎̟͈̬͚
    • Monaco

-She stands in the air

-I know, but still

I will look into this air cancel bug. Is there a particular move to cancel that causes this glitch, or does this just happen in general?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. The air cancel was labeled as a standing type action instead of air. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
redownload for the fix?
http://signavatar.com/32255_s.gif

please visit my request thread. here
bad grammar is art
#14  August 18, 2018, 01:42:30 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
#15  August 18, 2018, 02:14:37 am
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA

-She stands in the air

-I know, but still

You're very welcome.
My hat is a pancake.
#16  August 18, 2018, 02:37:14 am
    • USA
redownload for the fix?

There's still some other things that need fixing, but once those are out of the way, I will have the link updated.

- Her Sprites are from Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, where there is no walk forward animations, only running.

People can only run in that game?  What?

Yeah, I thought it was kinda weird too. It's really something that you have to get used to.

#17  August 18, 2018, 02:51:33 am
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
redownload for the fix?

There's still some other things that need fixing, but once those are out of the way, I will have the link updated.

- Her Sprites are from Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, where there is no walk forward animations, only running.

People can only run in that game?  What?

Yeah, I thought it was kinda weird too. It's really something that you have to get used to.

In all honestly, Cross Tag Battle had lots of weird choices such as the lack of arcade mode.
My hat is a pancake.
Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 05:14:38 am by Weiss Circal
#18  August 18, 2018, 03:51:18 am
    • USA
Yang has been updated

- Adjusted the hitsun on 5B to prevent a carefully timed infinite
- Fixed a bug that made Fire Cracker unblockable at point blank
- Yang can now be grabbed while dodging
- Fixed a bug that sometimes puts yang in a standing state after rapid canceling in the air
- Deleted some extraneous code

Go ahead and redownload her.
#19  August 18, 2018, 02:28:36 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
What?
I can't believe you're doing those RWBY chars from Blazblue CTB!
Good luck with that.
This is fate.
#20  August 18, 2018, 08:07:53 pm
    • Argentina
very good your character but some of his movements need more speed and some hits less time in the hit pause, in the game the characters run do not walk forward except and some characters like jubei when done 2 times forward makes a jump or izayou you can use your "flight mode" as in the central fiction, I recommend you increase the speed a little to run and use the same value to walk
#21  August 18, 2018, 08:33:55 pm
    • USA
very good your character but some of his movements need more speed and some hits less time in the hit pause, in the game the characters run do not walk forward except and some characters like jubei when done 2 times forward makes a jump or izayou you can use your "flight mode" as in the central fiction, I recommend you increase the speed a little to run and use the same value to walk

I wasn't going for total source accuracy here. In this gameplay style, Yang has been given a few moves that can only be done while running, so I would imagine that making her walk visually and functionally the same as her run would make things a little confusing. Although, I do think her run could use a little more speed, and some of the hit stun could use some tweaking.
#22  August 19, 2018, 12:22:10 am
    • USA
Apologies for the double post, but Yang has received another small update.

- General movement speed has been given a slight increase
- Tweaked the hit stun and pause times on some of her moves
- Both of her distortion drives and her astral heat are actually punishable on block now

Go ahead and download her again if you have done so already
Re: Yang Xiao Long v1.02
#23  August 19, 2018, 02:57:18 am
    • Argentina
I wasn't going for total source accuracy here. In this gameplay style, Yang has been given a few moves that can only be done while running, so I would imagine that making her walk visually and functionally the same as her run would make things a little confusing. Although, I do think her run could use a little more speed, and some of the hit stun could use some tweaking.
something similar to naoto kurogane?
I already test this update and it lacks some improvements in some attacks for example the ex version of its special Firecraker and Bottle Rocket the projectile makes 2 hits, another thing that I notice is that it needs to improve its "burst mode" (I do not know what that skill really is when you have 30% of life left or less xD)  since they change the properties of many of her attacks to start all his normal attacks where she use the fists (less in the grip) make 2 hits as she uses the bullets in her arms causing them to also fire damage (special attacks also do fire damage and his super also but they do not make 2 blows), their normal projectiles in that mode throw the opponent as in the EX version, their special attack Cold Shoulder in that mode elevates more to the opponent in the air

Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 03:01:45 am by k6666orochi
#24  August 19, 2018, 03:18:16 am
    • USA
something similar to naoto kurogane?
I already test this update and it lacks some improvements in some attacks for example the ex version of its special Firecraker and Bottle Rocket the projectile makes 2 hits, another thing that I notice is that it needs to improve its "burst mode" (I do not know what that skill really is when you have 30% of life left or less xD)  since they change the properties of many of her attacks to start all his normal attacks where she use the fists (less in the grip) make 2 hits as she uses the bullets in her arms causing them to also fire damage (special attacks also do fire damage and his super also but they do not make 2 blows), their normal projectiles in that mode throw the opponent as in the EX version, their special attack Cold Shoulder in that mode elevates more to the opponent in the air

No, I mean like in Under Night In Birth and Smash Bros, simply pressing one of the attack buttons while running.

As for semblance mode,
Sunrise, Cold Shoulder, Rising Fire, and jC already have their respective improvements, while unrelenting fire has a new one. I may get around to her normals further down the line.
#25  August 19, 2018, 03:45:39 am
    • Argentina
No, I mean like in Under Night In Birth and Smash Bros, simply pressing one of the attack buttons while running.
As for semblance mode,
Sunrise, Cold Shoulder, Rising Fire, and jC already have their respective improvements, while unrelenting fire has a new one. I may get around to her normals further down the line.
ok :) I was wrong because naoto makes stronger versions of his special attacks when he runs xD
already look at the game and the mode when left with little life is called empowered state xD
Another thing that I forgot to mention is that some sounds are missing from the character I think you can use some of noel vermillion sound effects of it for your special attacks and supers
Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 04:11:55 am by k6666orochi
#26  August 19, 2018, 03:57:44 am
    • USA
Yeah, I've gotten used to calling it semblance mode.

Duly noted on the sounds.
#27  August 19, 2018, 11:07:49 am
  • It's Showtime!
    • New Zealand
For your first character, this is very solid. I do hope to see some more characters in a similar style to your Yang in the near future.
#28  August 19, 2018, 11:10:05 am
  • Stage Creator
    • Philippines
Okay, I found some bug that occurs whenever I convert this to 1.1 (I convert my characters to it for reasons).
Whenever I do so, some of the hitsparks just stay at the centerpoint of the stage, like the fire hitspark on the uppercut, Yang's flames during her semblance mode, etc. This always happens whenever i convert her to 1.1 which is odd. If it's also worth noting, my localcoord on Yang is 400 to make her look fine compared to my other characters on my roster.
Also, maybe improve the sounds and forward running animation if you can. I know BBCTB has no running animations but i just found it really odd.

Anyway, besides those aforementioned bug, this Yang is well-made. Hope you improve on her more in the future :)
#29  August 19, 2018, 12:04:41 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Well... I rush to judge and honestly expected this char to not be good... Last time i do that, a pretty simple, fast with wide range of cover.
This is a solid must keep (specialy if you like RWBY or HD anime characters) really impressive and good that get´s updated fast as possible.

Yeah, must say the only minus can mention is the lack of impact on the sound area but that´s minor and even easy to edit.
Thanks for the share.

Okay, I found some bug that occurs whenever I convert this to 1.1 (I convert my characters to it for reasons).
Whenever I do so, some of the hitsparks just stay at the centerpoint of the stage, like the fire hitspark on the uppercut, Yang's flames during her semblance mode, etc. This always happens whenever i convert her to 1.1 which is odd.

This is odd, i use the the Beta Version of 1.1 and converted the SFF to 1.1 32 bits (because custom portraits with fancy stuff) and working perfectly fine outside of the expected background scale issues from the wider screen and localcoords.

#30  August 19, 2018, 12:25:57 pm
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
Well this didn’t take long to be made but good release those
#31  August 19, 2018, 01:57:43 pm
    • USA
I created a few palette for yang, but don't worry I will create more in the future...

Jam Kuradoberi

Blake Belladonna

I-no

Weiss Schnee
#32  August 19, 2018, 06:06:05 pm
    • USA
It's nice to see that Yang has gotten such good reception. Glad you guys like her.

Anyway, since I'm having trouble deciding on who to make next, I have created a poll:

https://www.strawpoll.me/16298375

I'm using straw poll because it seems that the only way for me to make a poll here is to start a new topic, and I'd rather not do that. Also it allows people who are not members to participate.

Whenever I do so, some of the hitsparks just stay at the centerpoint of the stage, like the fire hitspark on the uppercut, Yang's flames during her semblance mode, etc. This always happens whenever i convert her to 1.1 which is odd.

This is odd, i use the the Beta Version of 1.1 and converted the SFF to 1.1 32 bits (because custom portraits with fancy stuff) and working perfectly fine outside of the expected background scale issues from the wider screen and localcoords.

I have run her in 1.1 as well, and did not run into this problem. This may not be relevant, but did not have it set to to OpenGL since I can't run it that way.

I created a few palette for yang, but don't worry I will create more in the future...

These are really neat. I especially like the Jam palette.

#33  August 19, 2018, 06:21:20 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
I have run her in 1.1 as well, and did not run into this problem. This may not be relevant, but did not have it set to to OpenGL since I can't run it that way.

He did try to convert her to 1.1, which most likely caused an issue somewhere in the coding. I put her on 1.1 without converting when I was going to record a match with her and the only thing that was out of place was this http://prntscr.com/kkgifn which is normal when the character isn't made to fit 720p.

Anyway, this is less of feedback and more of a suggestion. How about adding something that shows that the char managed to get a counter hit?
#34  August 19, 2018, 07:40:19 pm
    • USA
He did try to convert her to 1.1, which most likely caused an issue somewhere in the coding. I put her on 1.1 without converting when I was going to record a match with her and the only thing that was out of place was this http://prntscr.com/kkgifn which is normal when the character isn't made to fit 720p.

This is really weird. I didn't do any converting either, and yet this how the super BG looks on my end.

Our settings must be completely different.

Anyway, this is less of feedback and more of a suggestion. How about adding something that shows that the char managed to get a counter hit?

I haven't given any of her moves counter hit properties, but I have thought about adding an indicator just for the heck of it. The question is, considering how she doesn't have a built in announcer voice, what sound effect should I use?
#35  August 19, 2018, 08:06:29 pm
    • USA
From now when you have W.I.P characters I will help you making colors :)
#36  August 19, 2018, 08:19:23 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil

This is really weird. I didn't do any converting either, and yet this how the super BG looks on my end.

Our settings must be completely different.

I haven't given any of her moves counter hit properties, but I have thought about adding an indicator just for the heck of it. The question is, considering how she doesn't have a built in announcer voice, what sound effect should I use?

Ah, so it's probably because I messed with the localcoord.

About the announcer sounds...I can only think of Uniel or Blazblue.
#37  August 19, 2018, 09:13:59 pm
    • USA
#38  August 20, 2018, 12:03:59 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Pretty good for your first character. Nice to see a RWBY character for M.U.G.E.N for the first time.

If you need sound effects, I have a better idea. Instead of using k6666orochi's suggestion and grab them off Noel Vermilion, why not grab them off RWBY: Grimm Eclipse? That game has some accurate sounds from the show and has a wide arrange of voice clips to use from. That way since you aren't going for source accuracy, you aren't restricted from the ones from Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#39  August 20, 2018, 12:28:29 am
    • USA
Pretty good for your first character. Nice to see a RWBY character for M.U.G.E.N for the first time.

If you need sound effects, I have a better idea. Instead of using k6666orochi's suggestion and grab them off Noel Vermilion, why not grab them off RWBY: Grimm Eclipse? That game has some accurate sounds from the show and has a wide arrange of voice clips to use from. That way since you aren't going for source accuracy, you aren't restricted from the ones from Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle.

After watching some videos of her on youtube, it seems the problem is that some of the sound effects are not as loud as they should be, So I think its just a matter of going through the .snd and adjusting the volume on each sound.

As for Grimm Eclipse, the voice files are of noticeably lower quality compared to the ones in Cross Tag. Oddly, thats not the case for GE's sound effects, they are pretty loud and clear, so that's a viable option if things don't work out with the sound effects I'm already using.
#40  August 20, 2018, 04:34:08 pm
  • This looks like a job for... the Caped Avenger!
  • All-Out Gamer and Garfield fan
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/garfieldfan-mugen/home
(Every Undertale and FNAF character in Mugen sucks ass)

Do the names Mega_X and FourthRhyme mean nothing to you?

On topic, I'll redownload her. I didn't have any problems with her when I had her at first.
"Heh. The Garfield strip's funny today."
~Garfield

Sprites in avatar by Wlan Productions
#41  August 20, 2018, 07:53:47 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
(Every Undertale and FNAF character in Mugen sucks ass)

Do the names Mega_X and FourthRhyme mean nothing to you?

On topic, I'll redownload her. I didn't have any problems with her when I had her at first.

ForthRhyme and Mega_X have decent characters but man, they are kinda rough to play because they are kinda broken (more so Rhyme than Mega), but they aren't bad. I do play with they characters because they are decent to play with.
#42  August 20, 2018, 09:03:12 pm
  • war is always over mugen
  • the solitare blade of light
    • Uruguay
you are right, they are dificullt to fight but not impossible
Re: Yang Xiao Long v1.03
#43  August 20, 2018, 11:55:41 pm
    • USA
Yang has gotten another update

- Yang now has her own set of hit sounds, she no longer borrows from common.snd
- Some of the more muffled sounds have been replaced with clearer ones
- Shortened the duration of invulnerability during Burning Gold
- Adjusted the pause time on the first six hits of Unrelenting Fire
- Added some effects to raging inferno to make it look a little nicer

Also

Ruby has won the poll by a large margin. Poor Waldstein didn't even stand a chance.

So yeah, Ruby is my next character. I'll have a WIP thread started once I have something substantial to show.
#44  August 21, 2018, 04:56:01 am
    • USA
Hello @OHMSBY im back with palettes im sorry for taking a while with my effort but there is more palette in the future. Also good luck with Ruby Rose im so excited... here's more palette for Yang there is more in the future so stay tuned :)

Tsubaki Yayoi

Hibiki Kohaku

Jubei

Fiona Adventure time
Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:00:59 am by BBSenpai
#45  August 21, 2018, 05:46:48 am
    • USA
Hello @OHMSBY im back with palettes im sorry for taking a while with my effort but there is more palette in the future. Also good luck with Ruby Rose im so excited... here's more palette for Yang there is more in the future so stay tuned :)

Once again, nice work.
#46  August 21, 2018, 06:47:32 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Want to ask because i removed the thing out of the camera, it´s the "Burst" thing actually needed?
#47  August 21, 2018, 07:28:18 am
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
My hat is a pancake.
#48  August 21, 2018, 08:38:21 am
    • USA
Want to ask because i removed the thing out of the camera, it´s the "Burst" thing actually needed?

You press Y and Z at the same time while getting hit to use the Burst. Once you do, the icon turns dark grey (unavailable), and it turns back to blue (available) at the start of the next round.
#49  August 21, 2018, 09:48:15 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
You press Y and Z at the same time while getting hit to use the Burst. Once you do, the icon turns dark grey (unavailable), and it turns back to blue (available) at the start of the next round.

Oh... Well i don´t play guilty gear, just looked out of place visualy but guess will only the sprites and position to fit.

Thanks.
#50  August 21, 2018, 04:33:04 pm
    • USA
#51  August 22, 2018, 03:57:39 pm
    • USA
Really enjoying playing as Yang! She's my favorite RWBY character!
I had some free time on my hands, so I made a small portrait for her! (Might be a little rough on the edges, since I haven't done small portraits in FOREVER)

*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#52  August 22, 2018, 08:28:40 pm
  • Aliit ori'shya tal'din.
    • USA
    • variathehunter@yahoo.com
    • youtube.com/user/Varia31
Really liking what you've one with Yang so far, keep it up! Looking forward to seeing how you tackle Ruby Rose and possibly the other team members later on down the line.
#53  August 23, 2018, 04:05:39 am
    • USA
#54  August 24, 2018, 03:00:55 pm
    • Algeria
Great job at this one! I love it! Though, I suggest you reduce her damage a little bit. Her combos are simple and easy yet deal a lot of damage...
#55  August 24, 2018, 05:02:29 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
I feel that her damage is okay seeing that she lacks range and has some unsafe moves.
#56  August 27, 2018, 11:14:38 pm
    • USA
I stopped watching RWBY but ill give her a shot