Started by Valodim, August 26, 2007, 08:25:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: QOTD
#13121  July 08, 2015, 07:58:01 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
tbh i don't think any of us would be much different at that point if we were brought up surrounded by millions of dollars
I dunno, I think the parenting plays a fairly big role in all this; like, no way does this kid need a credit card or a $350 a month allowance. He's obviously gonna grow up surrounded by luxury and stuff, and that will absolutely have an impact on anyone, but the parents don't have to shower him with gold skateboards and other pointlessly indulgent things.
#13122  July 08, 2015, 08:06:16 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#13123  July 09, 2015, 09:30:29 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.

OZ

#13124  July 09, 2015, 10:04:30 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
'kidult' huh?
an interview with an obscenely rich 10 year old child said:
Do you pay your credit card bill yourself?
My mom does. I don’t even look at it. I am too young for that.

that's exactly the part that makes you an adult

this is no 'kidult', this a child that does not know now, and will probably never know what it means to be an adult
so really, the farthest possible thing from an adult

tbh i don't think any of us would be much different at that point if we were brought up surrounded by millions of dollars

possibly, and we would be worth no less scorn

the US is in the position it's in partially due to the fact that fucked up little monsters like this one are the ones who end up running everything
ಠ_ಠ
#13125  July 10, 2015, 12:21:34 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
do you realize that in the perspective of third worlders all the us is pretty much that ? (lot of that fault lies in hollywood)
#13126  July 10, 2015, 12:31:22 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
That's a biiiiiit of a stretch there, [E]. Plus you say so as if the richest families in Mexico weren't ten times farther from the average Joe as this kid is.

OZ

#13127  July 10, 2015, 06:11:31 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
do you realize that in the perspective of third worlders all the us is pretty much that ? (lot of that fault lies in hollywood)

that's supposed to be the image, streets lined with gold and what not

dedicate your life to the idea that you too will be on top some day
pad your life with luxuries to justify your actions once you realize that it was never going to happen

it's undeniable that americans (US) take a lot of things for granted, but i hope people don't think that most are prospering
a vast, vast majority are exceedingly average people with long hours and relatively meager pay
they don't get to do the things that they want, they have to work and life is expensive

ಠ_ಠ
#13128  July 14, 2015, 11:57:23 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Clickhole's An Oral History Of Jay Z’s ‘The Blueprint’ said:
Jay Z: Lenny told me that Nas had beat me to the punch. He’d dropped a track called “I Don’t Fuck Wit Bubbles“ literally that exact same day.

Nas (rapper, Def Jam): It was sort of an arms race between us rappers to see who could land the first big bathtub single about bubbles, the round villains. And I wasn’t gonna let Jay come out on top.

Lenny S: I suggested to Jay that maybe this was a sign he should take a break from music and focus on his legal troubles. He was awaiting two criminal trials at the time—one for humiliating a police horse with a brutal freestyle, and another for organizing a parade to celebrate the death of Walter Matthau.
[...]
Eminem: Jay and I traded verses on this track “Renegade,” which is pretty heavy in my opinion. But initially, it sort of blossomed out of this freestyle we were having where Jay posited that there were probably a lot more things other than pumpkins that we could be making jack-o’-lanterns out of, which broke down into this call-and-response thing where I’d name an object that could be made into a jack-o’-lantern and Jay would agree with me. So, I’d be like, “A potato could work,” and then he’d be like, “I concur,” and then it’d keep going like, “A soccer ball could work”—“Indeed, it could!”—“A dead owl could work”—“I suppose you’re right!”—and later we both said our Social Security numbers. There’s a bootleg of it somewhere on the internet, I’m pretty sure.

Kanye West: The next joint Jay had me work on was “Izzo.” For that one, he asked me to imagine Biggie somersaulting down the streets of gold in heaven. He said I should go with whatever beat that image evoked.

Timbaland: Initially, I wasn’t even supposed to have a track on the record. The beat on “Hola’ Hovito” was actually something I’d made for Microsoft—it was gonna be the sound that played every time you created a new column in Excel. But Jay heard a cut of it and instantly started spitting this crazy-hot verse, and I knew right away I had to give it to him.
[...]
DJ Head (drum programming): Oh, man, those nights were insane. This one time, Jay paid the wrestler Kane $2 million to chokeslam anything we wanted for the entire night. He chokeslammed a guitar, a hot dog cart, a coyote, a mailbox, some traffic cones, a goose. Best night of my life, no doubt.

Jay Z: If we weren’t working hard, we were playing hard, and if we weren’t playing hard, we were floating around the sewers on a raft, searching for a half-man–half-alligator we’d heard about on the news. And that’s how we finished the album.
[...]
DJ Head: It wasn’t until we went on tour that we realized just how huge this album was. I remember flying into Japan for a show and there were probably a million people waiting for us at the airport. The crowd swarmed the tarmac and picked up our plane while we were still in it and walked it over a hundred miles to this gorgeous, stadium-size marble structure. Now, over there they call Jay “Mr. Eternal Sad,” and we found out that this colossal structure was actually a mausoleum they’d built for him to mourn in.

Just Blaze: We went inside the mausoleum, and we found the prime minister and his wife lying ass-naked on this massive golden altar, and behind them there were probably 300 hunchbacks in Jay Z masks ripping their hair out and weeping. The prime minister invited Jay to light him and his wife on fire, and he didn’t want to offend them, so he did. As the flames consumed their bodies, they threw up the diamond and thanked Jay profusely until they burned to ash.
Clickhole knocks another oral history out of the park.
#13129  July 15, 2015, 05:57:20 pm
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
after seeing the horrible harassment and slurs experienced firsthand by the shoplifting community here on tumblr, i think it’s time we made shoplifters a protected minority like pocs and women. seriously.

An actual human being posted this.
#13130  July 15, 2015, 06:23:27 pm
they need to unite and take over
#13131  July 16, 2015, 10:37:04 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#13132  July 17, 2015, 08:42:24 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
bitch
#13133  July 18, 2015, 05:26:15 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
awkward zombie's roy arc will be comparable to berzerk's boat arc or any other arc that goes on too long

Hired Emblem (Part 11) - Roy is confused when Lyn appears in a fight and considers the nature of his own birth
Hired Emblem (Part 27) - Roy goes to order an Amiibo of himself, only to find someone ordered all of them. Cut to Roy Koopa being confused when he finds he ordered Roy Swordfighter Amiibo and not Amiibo of himself
Hired Emblem (Part 72) - Roy goes to have cereal, but there's no milk left. Cut to all the animal Smash characters lapping it up from a saucer.
Hired Emblem (Part 103) - Roy waits on the phone for customer service on a toaster he bought and is dissatisfied with his waiting time
Hired Emblem (Part 250) - The site is officially rebranded as Awkward Roymbie. No new comics, but all previous comics are redrawn to feature Roy.
Hired Emblem (Part 1000) - Katie officially buys the rights to the character of Roy from Intelligent Systems, who have no need for it now that they made soft core doujin games with light strategy elements full time
Hired Emblem (Part ?) - Heat Death of the universe. Revealed to be caused by Roy charging his Flare Blade from Melee's release date up and letting go of B
#13134  July 19, 2015, 10:17:10 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'm sorry in broken English
I thought I do not know much English, but this review also great.

Benares that's right thumb.
Corpses are floating in the neighborhood really.
At the same, Kumiko of Japanese person that is engaged in the inn is also a true story.

In a sense, the most famous times next time
This was posted on the empress battle review in JoJo and it makes no fucking sense in context either
#13135  July 20, 2015, 05:38:01 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Reddit poster on banning Omega stages in Smash Bros said:
[Final Destination] is so seizurific though and cloaks projectiles and stuff too during the parts where Goku comes in as an assist trophy and uses Solar Flare.
COTD?
#13136  July 22, 2015, 12:12:19 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
#13137  July 22, 2015, 01:43:27 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I hear about Werewood about once every six months and always find myself scratching my head at his posts. E-haunting? ...is this guy for real? Is this insane chinese motherfucker who follows the ways of MLM and thinks of himself as the champion of "half-assed" characters and the bane of mugen "pro's" for real?
#13138  July 22, 2015, 01:45:24 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
I actually got curious after seeing that posted on MFFA so I went to the release thread on Multiverse to see his actual reason
Yes, I gave this peculiar capability to Anne on purpose (well, not in-affective all the times though), regardless of her being teased by "carrots" or not for humans and A.I..  You might see it as some kind of experiment done in a MUGEN character.  Like you mentioned, Anne is so weak in MUGEN.
He's sticking to the Mugen Elites™.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#13139  July 22, 2015, 04:52:34 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#13140  July 22, 2015, 05:28:45 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Please don't tell me whoever that guy's going out with is what I think it is.