YesNoOk

Big Annoyance with High Resolution (Read 1492 times)

Started by ph34rs13g, January 15, 2008, 11:19:09 am
Share this topic:
Big Annoyance with High Resolution
#1  January 15, 2008, 11:19:09 am
  • Are you okay?!
Hi there all, i have had mugen for a very long time my list of characters is vast and i know most about how it works.
The one problem ive had is with making my mugen look as amazing as others. I recently downloaded a few High resolution
Guilty Gear characters because they looked so incredible and flawless in their screenshot. But when i downloaded them,
and added them to my game, they looked grainier and the lines were not nearly as crisp. Is there anyone who can tell me
the optimal settings or the point that i am missing to make my characters look this way?

For reference the characters i downloaded came from this forum topic:

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=70603.0

And here is what one of those very same characters ends up looking like on my end.

If anyone can help me, or at least bash my newbness with something obvious to make my characters look better anything would help.
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is when your playing cherades.....especially if your friends are terrible guessers.."
Re: Big Annoyance with High Resolution
#2  January 15, 2008, 11:34:14 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Open mugen.cfg in the data folder, and change in the video settings to "doubleres=4".
It's a hidden feature which doubles the resolution.
However, You may have to change your lifebars afterwrds, because the fonts won't be the right size anymore (but at least, you'll be able to use high-res lifebars) :)

Also, there are new hacks of mugen which allow for high-res stages and high-res select screens. Check the winmugen plus sticky topic in the releases thread.
However, this time, if you use it, it's the select screen you'll have to modify yourself.
#3  January 15, 2008, 12:15:00 pm
    • interrage.deviantart.com/
hey cybaster, dont forget to mention that getting the hi-res hack done, it is likely that it will screw with your computer.
Now, I'd love to have the hack but, for that supposed fact, I'd rather not risk my comp.

it's the select screen you'll have to modify yourself.

unless, this was the only thing that'll screw things up?
#4  January 15, 2008, 12:50:17 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Nope, it will not screw your computer. Some people say it crashes even more than regular winmugen, but that's all. Any other thing is a LIE.