YesNoOk

SNK VS CAPCOM 2 Screenpack (or something like that) (Read 22858 times)

Started by NiO ErZeBeTh, November 14, 2014, 08:33:47 am
Share this topic:
SNK VS CAPCOM 2 Screenpack (or something like that)
#1  November 14, 2014, 08:33:47 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I'm gonna be honest, coding isn't my thing and seems it will never be... but, after thinking a lot about it, I started some ideas from scratch, this Sp don't longer exists, same goes for the updated or alternative version...

I started again, but this time trying to make every graphic from scratch and I already have a cool looking menu, that fit my tastes as much as possible (according to my skills) so... here is it, this would be the one I would work on...

Basic idea, to use some consistent artwork in it and show what MUGEN is about, so I added 4 characters there representing some Mugen edits that I like... Kyo_MI, Another Iori, Ryu (this one would remain as Ryu so far) and Maxima Type-B

I'm really noobish at this, I lost like 2 maybe 3 hours trying to get the first to images in the right order and with the right transparencies, but I did it...

what more can I say? surely I will waste hours in the Options, Select, Versus and Win screen... but at least I have a better idea on how to do it now xD

here the video, it does look choppy and blurry in the video, but not in game...

Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 12:38:27 pm by NiO KuSaNaGi
Re: SNK VS CAPCOM 2 Screenpack (or something like that)
#2  November 14, 2014, 11:49:42 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I shouldn't be double posting, but considering this is an update made today (what I uploaded in the video was from yesterday) I want to share it and get opinions on how to solve my problem with the cropped images...

this is a little preview of how it looks now, I got a template by Devon but the Map image has the same problem, it's cropped on the right side and I can't repeat that image with that problem...

I have 2 options...

1- Not sure if this can be done, but I saw a Mugen Screenpack that did something like this... the Images (in this case Ryu, Kyo and both punches) will move, but at certain time they will stop, this would be the best option IMO if possible (but I have no idea on how that works)

2- Not the best but maybe could work if done well... add another image in front of those animations, something like Kyo & Ryu in black and white, static image, to hide the moving ones... like I said, this would be my last resort if I can't get it to work, but AFAIK the 1st option is possible

Zorf Giudecca
#3  November 14, 2014, 12:36:59 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
1- Not sure if this can be done, but I saw a Mugen Screenpack that did something like this... the Images (in this case Ryu, Kyo and both punches) will move, but at certain time they will stop, this would be the best option IMO if possible (but I have no idea on how that works)
That's easy, one frame animation loop on the last frame, the animation will cycle through then loop itself at the end. Something like this:
Code:
[Begin Action 40]
-1,0, 0,0, 120
40,0, 0,0, 5
40,1, 0,0, 5
40,2, 0,0, 5
40,3, 0,0, 5
40,4, 0,0, 30
loopstart
40,5, 0,0, 1
Unless you're using velocity values, then you're SOL, i think.
#4  November 14, 2014, 12:44:16 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
haha remember when I toold you I don't know how to code? x)

yeah, I'm using velocity = x,y

this is the code I;m using for one of the punches (iirc)

Code:
[TitleBG BackgroundEDIT]
type = normal
spriteno = 100,10
layerno = 0
start = 0,0
velocity = .07, 0
window = 0,0, 1280,720
mask = 1

one friend over facebook told me to do something like this...

Code:
[TitleBG BackgroundEDIT]
Type = anim
Actionno = 100
Start = 0,0
Mask = 1

[Begin action 100]
0,8,35,0,-1

I will try both versions to get it working, and of course if I can make it work, I think I'm going to make those images move faster, to make it look cooler and less static
            Zorf Giudecca
#5  November 14, 2014, 12:48:13 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
Ahh, of course. -1 on the last frame will freeze that frame.

Your friend is smart, listen to him not me. Also don't use velocity for those animations. If you want a more smoother movement, add more frames.
#6  November 14, 2014, 08:32:53 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
right now all I see are numbers, can't understand really well what they do
I will try to add some values tomorrow to see how it works and finish that animation

what I really don't understand is about adding more frames... that would mean something more like this?

Code:
    [TitleBG BackgroundEDIT]
    Type = anim
    Actionno = 100
    Start = 0,0
    Mask = 1

[Begin action 100]
   (etc etc)
    0,8,35,0,-1
            Zorf Giudecca
#7  November 14, 2014, 10:24:48 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
I'll give you a quick crash course. I haven't really touched code in 6 weeks but it's coming back to me.

Code:
[Begin action 100]
;group,index,x,y,ticks

;putting a -1 will do the following
;will show nothing for 5 ticks

0,8,35,0,-1
;will show 0,8 at x:35 for -1 ticks (meaning forever).
So generally if you're adding more frames to make things smoother, you would also decrease tick count. You almost had it in your example.
Code:
[TitleBG BackgroundEDIT]
Type = anim
Actionno = 100
Start = 0,0
Mask = 1

[Begin action 100]
0,8,35,0,-1
will become:
Code:
[TitleBG BackgroundEDIT]
Type = anim
Actionno = 100
Start = 0,0
Mask = 1

[Begin action 100]
(etc etc)
0,8,35,0,-1

Although that's just how I do things, feel free to experiment.
#8  November 15, 2014, 12:44:29 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
thank you very much dude, the help is really appreciated, hope it turns out pretty well! :D
            Zorf Giudecca
#9  October 15, 2015, 12:36:58 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I'm gonna be honest, coding isn't my thing and seems it will never be... but, after thinking a lot about it, I started some ideas from scratch, this Sp don't longer exists, same goes for the updated or alternative version...

I started again, but this time trying to make every graphic from scratch and I already have a cool looking menu, that fit my tastes as much as possible (according to my skills) so... here is it, this would be the one I would work on...

Basic idea, to use some consistent artwork in it and show what MUGEN is about, so I added 4 characters there representing some Mugen edits that I like... Kyo_MI, Another Iori, Ryu (this one would remain as Ryu so far) and Maxima Type-B

I'm really noobish at this, I lost like 2 maybe 3 hours trying to get the first two images in the right order and with the right transparencies, but I did it...

what more can I say? surely I will waste hours in the Options, Select, Versus and Win screen... but at least I have a better idea on how to do it now xD

Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 03:02:52 pm by NiO KuSaNaGi
#10  October 15, 2015, 09:38:43 pm
  • Much Love For Mugen !
    • Italy
    • bortoldo@live.it

I'm really noobish at this, I lost like 2 maybe 3 hours trying to get the first to images in the right order and with the right transparencies, but I did it...

[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LwYX0VPMOk[/youtube]

I really like it keep it up ;)
#11  October 17, 2015, 06:32:33 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
Amazing work bro. Moving on with your own design was a great idea and you'll eventually get the coding down.
#12  October 17, 2015, 06:46:58 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Yeah, a great stage creator once told me. Making sp are easy, it's just like coding a stage. So yeah, you will get the hang of it. If you need any help, feel free to pm me. Take care and keep it rocking. Oh yeah that person was the great MOTVN himself. Nothing beats the old golden days in the community.
#13  October 17, 2015, 02:59:05 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Thank you, so far options screen is done or nearly done, not sure if I'm gonna use different art or keep the same XI style...

Select screen is also almost done, this will use custom portraits but easy to do, just square portraits, small ports are 25x50 and big ones are similar to the size on the menu images, a bit more wider

Will upload images or video tomorrow if possible
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 03:05:38 pm by NiO KuSaNaGi
#14  October 19, 2015, 07:48:43 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
options seems to be done, unless I see something wrong later xD

I started the Select screen, needs a lot of work, but it's an update that looks cool so far

think of this like an another kind of "KOF Anthology" Screenpack... I use a few other characters, but I use a lot, and most likely KOF ones, that's why it seems more KOF related :P
            Zorf Giudecca
#15  October 19, 2015, 04:58:30 pm
  • Food and Woman!
That some cool looking select screen!
#16  October 19, 2015, 07:01:59 pm
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
hello everybody.

cool work,bud. looks awesome. :catgoi:

#17  October 19, 2015, 07:52:25 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
This looks good, with the exception of the... fancharacter in there. As far as I know, he isn't neither SNK or Capcom.

Shit
#18  October 19, 2015, 09:28:55 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA

I'm loving the Menu but I see an issue with the Option screen, once you go into you config for the controllers, the screen will no longer be centered how you have it displayed. I've had the same issue. You might need to extend you center piece for the option screen, unless it's not a big deal to you?

The select screen looks great my only nitpick is the small ports, they look a bit weird to me (Mature) but if that's the style you are going for,
then keep it up.
Love those big ports! Keep up the hard work, I look forward to seeing more progress!

#19  October 20, 2015, 06:12:44 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
This looks good, with the exception of the... fancharacter in there. As far as I know, he isn't neither SNK or Capcom.
'

that's why he is there... like in the menu screen, they are there because they are edited characters for Mugen, that's why most of them have edited colors too, hpoe I can add a video soon, it does look cool...

I'm loving the Menu but I see an issue with the Option screen, once you go into you config for the controllers, the screen will no longer be centered how you have it displayed. I've had the same issue. You might need to extend you center piece for the option screen, unless it's not a big deal to you?

damn, you are right, didn't remember that... it doesn't look cool, but is I change the other stuff and characters it will look strange unless I get another idea for that matter

The select screen looks great my only nitpick is the small ports, they look a bit weird to me (Mature) but if that's the style you are going for,
then keep it up.
Love those big ports! Keep up the hard work, I look forward to seeing more progress!
well, my first idea was to make something less like a square and more likely like this ----> //
but I'm not sure how to do them and make them fit... so far, those one look good, but I think I have to erase the last line because I'm nearly sure will appear over there and it can't appear in a lower position x(

thanks for the comments and feedback guys
            Zorf Giudecca
#20  October 20, 2015, 09:12:24 pm
  • Raging Fist
Gotta say this SP looks very promising. Keep up the awesome work NiO! :D
Offtopic(Sorrys) but I have a question: has there been any progress on SFV Ken's sprites?
#21  October 21, 2015, 07:28:51 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
as I told you on a PM, I'm not in charge of SFV Ken in any way, it's a work made by Chuchoryu, I was just trying to help with the sprite base
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:53:26 am by NiO KuSaNaGi
#22  October 26, 2015, 08:55:21 am
  • Screenpack Novice
  • *Also accepts laundry service during Sundays.
    • Philippines
I think you should balance the number of capcom and snk characters in the main menu and options screen...
Ryu, kyo, iori, ken perhaps?
Dunnow just a nitpick.
anyways, awesome red-white-black motif. Really cool.
My image parsing is stupid.
#23  November 03, 2015, 08:37:04 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I would like to do that, but it took me a lot of time to edit Ryu, so trying to make a more complex character would be a lot more time consuming

:(

anyways, here and update on how does it look so far, remember (even if I'm not sure if I already mention it) that this work is an edit from an screenpack from Devon, so credits to his codes and organization that are helping me to make this one happen

in game screenpack is not choppy, but when I record it, it looks like that

PD: I didn't change the options menu, I think even if not perfect, it looks better that way
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:43:36 am by NiO KuSaNaGi
#24  November 03, 2015, 08:46:32 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
Name of title music?
#25  November 03, 2015, 09:02:10 am
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
#26  November 03, 2015, 09:36:21 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
it's a Kirby remix... Kirby Super Star The Saviour of Dreamland OC Remix
            Zorf Giudecca
#27  January 08, 2016, 12:10:12 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I have a new laptop, and I sent all my files to the newer one... and gave the old one to my girl... until I realize that I didn't sent some other files like fonts for example...

So I stoped the update of this Screenpack until I find the name of the font again, I made a few updates but I need to use the same font Devon used in it originally, because it clases to much and I don't know if it would be possible to replace that one with the font I'm using, and I think it's easier to make my updates using Devon's font, because I would have less problems in it.

Also removed the white background because some feedback told me it looks to empty, and it's right, was cool looking but feel empty.

Gonna need help soon, if anything I will let you know.

Zorf Giudecca
#28  January 19, 2016, 10:31:55 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Well, I have already made what I can for this Screenpack, I just want to edit the lifebars and I will released it....

Don't expect something incredible or perfect because I have zero knowledge of coding, but I did my best to make it look good enough.

Some screenshots of the SP right now...

What I wasn't able to make?
- A proper Versus screen (don't know how to code it and I don't want to have to make lots of custom ports)
- Winner screen (same as above)

Everything else is made with images, velocities and transparencies, if someone wants to update this Sp and wants me to release the PSD files I could do it.

Zorf Giudecca
#29  January 19, 2016, 02:44:44 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
I might. Versus and Winners screen is pretty basic, one of the more boring things to code actually.
#30  January 19, 2016, 05:17:37 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Looking good man and Devon is right boring indeed. Hit me up if you need any help, I will give you my 2 cents. Keep it rocking big homie.
#31  January 20, 2016, 10:40:20 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
just released the Screenpack, I don't have any idea of what do do there, so I might leave it like that for now...
===========================================================================================

I just released this Screenpack, keep in mind I have zero knowledge of coding, it took me hours and even nearly entire days to figure out a few things, like how to place fonts, name, transparencies and even how to edit the turns, simul options.

Anyways, I'm happy with the result, I'm sure this is not the best Screenpack out there, but I think it's pretty decent, most of the things I did were edited as images and use transparencies and velocities to make it look less static, but just that, don't expect coding in there.

Talking about static and noob coding, it doesn't have a proper Versus and Winner Screen, I don't really know how to do them, also had no idea on how I want them to be, so I removed them.

As I already told in the WIP section, this is an edit from Devon's Work "MUGEN Megamix HD Remix"
If anyone wants to update this and add better stuff and animations, go ahead, I would like to see what you can add to it.

The download link also contains the files I use to edit this Screenpack, so if you don't like something or you think you can add something to make it better you will have available material easily.

Video Preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU4jV5_xWww

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n65mg6ne0aj99rg/SCREENPACK+1-1.rar

Remember to delete the source material included in the .rar file if you don't want to edit anything.
Enjoy!
            Zorf Giudecca