YesNoOk

Broly - 24 Jul 2015 (Read 63480 times)

Started by BoyBoyz, July 11, 2015, 12:58:42 am
Share this topic:
Re: Broly - 12 Jul 2015 Fix
#21  July 12, 2015, 03:25:02 am
Lol don't know, just felt the infinite dash isn't that much of a concern xD

As some have mentioned, he deals too much damage.  I have made a toned down version here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?qz4rqsft31e7xx7

The max damage that the toned down version does is ~460, with 2 power bars.

Of course, the overpowered version still remains in the link in the first post, for those who like to rampage once in a while like the most powerful Saiyan.

EDIT:  A couple of things were fixed also.  The intro's black bgpalfx would sometimes go off if other characters intruded with their own bgpalfx.  I fixed that. Many other fixes too!

Posted: July 12, 2015, 03:52:23 pm
Updated with a new Chest Fireball move and other fixes:

Overpowered version does 220 damage, toned down does 120 damage.

For ease, just go to the folder to download the version that you like: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5gsem6412qcw4
Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 03:52:23 pm by BoyBoyz
Re: Broly - 13 Jul 2015 (new move)
#22  July 12, 2015, 04:06:15 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
retested it.

Even the underpowered version remains umbeatable due to how much life damage and ivnicibility his moves have.
you can sit on a corner repeating his first fireball hyper over and over again and theres no way any other player could beat him considering he has no clsn during the whole thing and is constantly at level 3 without his power diminishing any.
#23  July 12, 2015, 04:14:04 pm
Hmm, with his overpowered damage he was almost unbeatable before (loses to Aizen), but the toned down version is beatable by quite some characters, even the new Shimakaze.  Of course, we're talking about his AI.  If you actually play as him it's a different story.
#24  July 12, 2015, 04:24:36 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
the moment he loses clsn he becomes broken, That coupled with the respawning energy makes him extremely unfair for any normal conditions.

In a normal game a character has to 1- earn the energy they are going to use 2- be careful with what moves they use because they can be countered.

This broly doesnt need to do either. Even in watch mode vs the strongest AI I had around ( vegeta z2 , which is already a bit unfair) he wins all the time. You can just mash the buttons and you are pretty much guaranteed to win everytime you use him.

Now if thats your thing, then all the power to it, but that just makes him umplayable against any normal character =\, he has no downsides or flaws.
Imagine if goku ssjz2 was always at the top of his energy and lost all hitboxes during attacks, no one would be able to touch him.
#25  July 12, 2015, 04:44:59 pm
Actually the reason I make so overpowered characters, is because I have even more overpowered AI characters that I want to match Broly up to, a simple example being igniz boss mode. Broly in overpowered mode loses to the simple but precise combos of igniz.
#26  July 12, 2015, 06:11:58 pm
    • Sweden
    • tk-425@live.com
I'm not speaking for Iced or any member, but I imagine most of us want to use this Broly in a DBZ game and cannot do so like this because of what Iced mentioned. I get that you want to match Broly to your super powered AI and characters but it just leaves a lot to be desired next to regular characters. That being said, I appreciate what you're doing and I think it's cool we're getting some better looking DBZ characters finally.
Re: Broly - 13 Jul 2015 NEW
#27  July 13, 2015, 02:53:10 pm
I have no idea how to fix the palettes, which is very sad. Please help me fix the palette issue using the new updated file with the following updates:

I have totally nerfed Broly's toned down version. He loses almost all his projectile invulnerability and nothitbys.  Only some signature normal moves (eg, uppercut) have 1 frame of invul startup. The special moves have selective nothitbys, for eg, the stomp move has some invul when floating up. His fullscreen super only has invulnerability after 10 ticks, meaning u can hit him out of it at the start (before he finishes saying ki ga takamaru).  His DFDF+x and DFDF+y supers have nothitbys reduced.  Only the super dash (DBDB+b) and super combo (DFDF+z) still remain fully invulnerable as they are very easy to spot and dodge. Many more nerfs/fixes.

And, I have combined both OP and toned down version in one file.  Just change the character name in select.def (BrolyBoss or BrolyNormal) and folder name accordingly and the displayname in the select screen will reflect Broly B (boss) or Broly N (normal). 

If he still needs to be nerfed further, let me know your suggestions. Enjoy!

Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 03:02:25 pm by BoyBoyz
Re: Broly - 13 Jul 2015 NEW UPDATE
#28  July 13, 2015, 03:16:26 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
While I havent tested this new version i did notice a bug in the previous version. If you jump and imediately dash forward keeping thebutton held, you will fly off screen eventually as broly will go diagonally and never stop.
#29  July 13, 2015, 03:30:50 pm
That isn't a bug.  He would just continue floating upward, and once u let the button go, he'll drop.  I kept this there because it sort of gives the flying effect, and you can choose when to stop the dash.  The AI doesn't spam it either so it's fine for now. 

I tested the super nerfed version against Vegeta Z2 and.. it's just the nature of his moves man.  He's still overpowered ~_~.  BUT, he seems to be able to be hit much more often now.  Suggestions are welcome.

I could consider adding a drain energy to his shield, and reduce his ki regen rate.  That should hurt him.

EDIT: I just added those nerfs in.  his ki regen rate is 1/4 of what it was, using shield costs 150 power, and his hp = 1000 and def 120, etc.  reuploading.
Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:48:55 am by BoyBoyz
#30  July 13, 2015, 06:57:29 pm
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
I'll test him out in a bit.. If you can manage to get him to play on par with regular characters in terms of fairness, as well as fix the numerous bugs I've seen people say and what not.. I'd definitely be willing to voice him for you.
#31  July 14, 2015, 04:13:08 am
Major bug with the boss version.  Removing the file till I can reupload a fix from home. 

Posted: July 14, 2015, 02:44:00 pm
The bug was, since i combined 2-in-1, I failed to update the Boss version with the updates made in toned down version, hence the boss version had some weird things going on with some moves. 

This has been fixed.  Boss version gains a few more nothitbys (that I feel are necessary to be bossy), and normal version is quite nerfed already.  Sorry for the delay.  Enjoy the stable version.

You guys probably already know, but for those who dont, you can select both versions of broly by using this in the select.def:
BrolyNormal/BrolyNormal.def
BrolyNormal/BrolyBoss.def

Will look to MAYBE reduce the transformation intro time.

Posted: July 14, 2015, 08:10:21 pm
Halved intro time.  Intro now starts from where he starts to glow, lasting only 2000 ticks as compared to 4000 before. As a result of the reduced sound length, file size is now 38mb instead of 43mb.
Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:15:26 pm by BoyBoyz
Re: Broly - 15 Jul 2015 (reduced intro time)
#32  July 14, 2015, 10:50:13 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Well, the char isn't bad and since you are already fixing the bugs, I don't need report them to you.
Anyway I just think unnecessary that stone explosion on the wall when you throw the P2.

For some reason I just wanted challenge myself to see how fast I could be making a color separation, :P so here it's:
Spoiler: The template (click to see content)
The sff + NEW SMALL PORTRAIT + NEW 2 BIG PORTRAITS + template + 14 palettes:
Download

Later.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:49:58 am by _Dan_
#33  July 14, 2015, 11:22:45 pm
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Your download link for the CS Patch doesnt work lol.
#34  July 14, 2015, 11:37:52 pm
  • Raging Fist
Here have 2 pals!
God Omega (Rugal)

Asura Gouki

#35  July 15, 2015, 12:05:39 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Sorry, Minty, it's fixed.
And Flowrellik... o_O They're awesome.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#36  July 15, 2015, 12:07:59 am
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
OMFG YES! Thanks Dan ive been wanting this since Broly was released
#37  July 15, 2015, 12:45:10 am
  • Raging Fist
Here have 2 more ^^
Super Sayian God Legendary Super Sayian (Try saying that 3X fast XD)

and finally
Legendary Opposite Day
#38  July 15, 2015, 02:41:36 am
OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.  Damn I wish I'm at home now to implement the palettes!!  THERES EVEN SSGSS BROLY!

Could you make a movie 10 Broly palette? You know, slightly more pale in hue. 
#39  July 15, 2015, 02:52:15 am
  • Keeping mugen stupid
    • USA
    • fivehundrederrors@hotmail.com
I have one suggestion really and is it why does he have max power at the start of the match imo Normal Broly should start with zero power like almost every other character.
#40  July 15, 2015, 03:06:49 am
that's actually a very good suggestion lol.  I think I'll implement this suggestion when I add the palettes, in the next update!