Started by Cyanide, September 09, 2011, 10:08:31 am
Share this topic:
Omega Red v1.0
#1  September 09, 2011, 10:08:31 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Joy in it's most pure form. In that i can now release this and begin closing a rather long chapter in mugen for me. I love the Omega Red character. There is so much to it and i honestly cannot think of any fighting game character i have found as fun to use, or convert. For the record. I once began him back in 2004. I have no idea what i was thinking really, aside from a couple of sprites and a guide of what not to do, none of him is in this release.

I would especially like to thank all my testers and anyone who helped. This would honestly have not got this far without people behind me pushing me on.

Onto some more meaty stuff. I have used artmoney for this, i have studied the vels and applied as many as possible. Hit vels have been made accurate, i've done some fancy shit with the gethits so the recovery looks OK. This should be very very Vs styled.

Disclaimer: Despite having so much here, and him being mostly complete. I am still expecting some bugs. If you find one of them i would appreciate if you could figure out the circumstances that caused it before you post. I do not want to be told "bug" without having a decent way of replicating it.

Lastly, i am well aware of the slight delay in p2 following the cables. This is unfixable unless i code 6089+ unique targetbinds for every length in every direction. That's insane and i'm not doing it.

And now, if that wasn't tl;dr (you best have read the last bit) the link, which i'm sure most of you skipped to anyway.

http://www.mediafire.com/?71x7zdemdvpsqzc

Enjoy

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 04:10:09 am by Cyanide
Re: Omega Red v1.0
#2  September 09, 2011, 10:12:17 am
  • I'm just a Moo
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/CoztheSexyBeast666
Glad to be one of those people that helped test it and stuff, but...I will test more and whatever bugs I find or if there is something that's not quite right, I'll let ya know. Omega Red is a boss in Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter.

However, I can finally say we have a good Omega Red in mugen now. Thanks Cyanide.

[size=2pt]Expect a wall of feedback maybe from me. :V[/size]

edit: Yeah I already notice some things that are off, but I'll try and give you feedback asap. Still good though.
No
Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:24:12 am by MooMaster the SexyBeast 666
#3  September 09, 2011, 11:17:40 am
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
Looks good so far. Still testing though.

Omega Strike lacks sound upon impact though.
Omega Destroyer lacks sounds when being blocked.

This happened after getting hit by a bouncing fireball when O. Red's coil attack goes through and hits Bai-Hu.

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 05:24:20 pm by ecthelionv2
#4  September 09, 2011, 12:31:52 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Finally.... An absolute version of one of the best VS Series characters. From one of the most talented authors in the Mugen community. I haven't even downloaded him yet as I'm at work, but I know this Omega Red is the best version out there. Thanks so much Cyanide!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#5  September 09, 2011, 12:53:37 pm
Yes, Finally 8) and he is going to win the character of the month for September for sure ::) Thanks for your hard work Cyanide, will appreciate him :D

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#6  September 09, 2011, 04:49:03 pm
Some minor bugs that I found:

When I was doing Air Carbonadium Coil, I throw my opponent to the air until he hit the wall and I land back on the ground and perform another Carbonadium Coil on the ground, my opponent got stuck:

I am not sure if the guard effect is misalign, it seems misalign to me:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#7  September 09, 2011, 05:21:57 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
congratulations on your release, I will inform mr toybox san of this so he can keep on working on his characters and make them compatible with omega red.
#8  September 09, 2011, 05:40:03 pm
  • Kubikiri Basara
  • WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"
    • Brazil
    • Skype - viniciustda13
    • shinobiwars.blogspot.com/
It Has Been Worth joven by post very good Omega Red best in the world is still in 1.0 will pump through both XD

;D :sugoi:
Spoiler: Kubikiri Basara (click to see content)
#9  September 09, 2011, 06:07:40 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
omega destroyer can be done 3 times in a row
no hit sound for omega strike
the block sparks should be alittle higher in omega destroyer
if you do an air coil grab, then when the opponent is falling and do another one, the opponent will get stuck in a custom state depending on what coil grab move you do
no dash or back dash sounds
#10  September 09, 2011, 07:51:01 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
Other than some minor bugs this is a perfect Omega Red.
#11  September 09, 2011, 11:17:46 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
if you do an air coil grab, then when the opponent is falling and do another one, the opponent will get stuck in a custom state depending on what coil grab move you do
More detail on that one please. I need to know WHICH it is. The coils are insanely complicated and i had thought i had resolved this, i obviously missed one of them, but i need to know which one.

Rest is easy enough to resolve but anything with the cables needs lots of detail.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#12  September 09, 2011, 11:26:01 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
High kick air coil, and I think mid kick too.
#13  September 10, 2011, 02:15:55 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Omega Strike lacks sound upon impact though.
Omega Destroyer lacks sounds when being blocked.
Fixed and fixed. Also fixed screenshot.

When I was doing Air Carbonadium Coil, I throw my opponent to the air until he hit the wall and I land back on the ground and perform another Carbonadium Coil on the ground, my opponent got stuck:
fixed. Thanks for the detail.

omega destroyer can be done 3 times in a row
Fixed. I hate MSH's hit management.

no dash or back dash sounds
I have a good excuse for this. The game doesn't have any  ;P. Although i did miss the one in the air so that's been added. I might shove some into ground too, because i feel like it should have something.

I have another coil bug to fix up, then i'll reupload. Not even sure when i broke this one. Must have messed with one of my management states too much. Stupid diagonal down throw in midair is broken.

#14  September 10, 2011, 03:04:51 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
Also is omega strike suppose to otg?
#15  September 10, 2011, 05:00:05 am
  • The Red-Eyed Wonder
Cyanide, you probably get this a lot, but you are a master of your craft. Everything about this character feels professional. Well balanced, and fun to play with.
This thread is producing a shitload of bad grammar, at this rate it'll be a disease.
#16  September 10, 2011, 05:03:34 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Nothing to add to what others reported.

Thanks for this great character. So much dedication in making the cable system work in Mugen is really something I admire. I can't even imagine how much work (and copy-pasting) went into this 1433kb cables.cns file. :) My 291kb file for Goku's Challenge Mode is really shitty in comparison.

The main reason for this is the carbonadium coil attacks. They are quite possibly the single hardest thing to do in mugen. Which was a challenge i couldn't really refuse.
Looks like it's time for some BlazBlue characters. :haw:
#17  September 10, 2011, 05:36:22 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Fuck, forgot someone in the readme. That's going in for next post. In addition

[E] Fucking THANK YOU for that tool. It made the final stages so much easier. So much.

#18  September 11, 2011, 04:39:46 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
nice to have a really good omegared for mugen finally going in my roster for sure I found no issues with him testing him out maybe cuz i got it after the updates lol. thanks cyanide appreciate the char.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#19  September 11, 2011, 06:03:40 am
  • Come mighty warrior face me
    • Indonesia
    • Skype - Rizki291
why the omega hit make kung fu man lost in screen ?
#20  September 11, 2011, 09:27:34 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I do not understand that at all.

Updated, should solve most of the issues mentioned as well as fix a couple that weren't.

Umm, i still need to do something about his standard dash, didn't do that yet. Because sound. And blah to sound. I'll get it in the next one.