YesNoOk

How to change hit animations? I'm missing something simple here. (Read 193 times)

Started by Chartreuse, May 18, 2019, 03:05:30 am
Share this topic:
How to change hit animations? I'm missing something simple here.
#1  May 18, 2019, 03:05:30 am
  • Literally anywhere else
I've made a transformation for my character that activates on var(10)= 1 and what I've been doing is adding triggers such as(code below)

type = ChangeAnim
triggerall = var(10) = 1 && anim = 5002
trigger1 = Time = 0
trigger1 = GetHitVar(animtype) != [2,5]
value = 6002

And everything has been fine... until I get to the crouching hit animations, I have no idea how to change them and I've been trying to find a solution for days. I know it's something simple because all the other ChangAnim's work expect for the crouching ones. I want to avoid running into this issue with other GetHitVars so I could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong in Statedef 5010 & 5011? Below is the code that isn't working and all others like it are also failing. I can't seem to find any /direct/ docs or tutorials that specifically show how to change GetHitVars. Really hit a wall here.

[State 5010, 2]
type = ChangeAnim
triggerall = var(10) = 1 && anim = 5026
trigger1 = Time = 0
trigger1 = GetHitVar(animtype) = [3,5]
value = 6026
Re: How to change hit animations? I'm missing something simple here.
#2  May 18, 2019, 05:22:22 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
You should really look up gethitvar in the docs. Iirc 0 1 2 are light med hard hit types. 3 4 5 are something like back, up and diag up which of course dont actually have crouch hit types cos you just start falling.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.