YesNoOk

Weird color warping (Read 391 times)

Started by JTR21, April 29, 2019, 09:31:42 am
Share this topic:
Weird color warping
New #1  April 29, 2019, 09:31:42 am
  • Internet User
    • USA
So I'm trying to make a big portrait for a specific mugen screenpack. It's rather elaborate but not difficult. So I'm about to implement the final step which is a character image inside a circle, so I index the render and copy it over to a layer so i can move it into the circle, but the render is all warped now in it's colors like brownish, and I can't figure out why and found no luck online.

example:
Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 04:43:02 am by JTR21
Re: Weird color warping
#2  April 29, 2019, 10:52:14 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Sff version? 1.1 can take a 32bit image that would hold true colour for you. Otherwise whatever you used to make it 256 colours is just doing its best. You could try reducing the colour count in steps if your tool doesn't allow you many options to maybe keep the colours more in sync with what they should be.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Re: Weird color warping
New #3  April 30, 2019, 04:06:33 am
  • Internet User
    • USA
OK, so I figured out how to make it work normally but now in fighter factory there are these artifacts that appear on the character's hair. They disappear when I hit "show transparency color".

Edit: Just realized this is because that part of the image is transparent. Gonna mark this as solved.
Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 04:42:47 am by JTR21