YesNoOk

*'MORTAL KOMBAT AFTER-REALM '* (Read 83587 times)

Started by ArellonX, July 26, 2009, 05:48:45 am
Re: *'MORTAL KOMBAT AFTER-REALM '*
#41  July 27, 2009, 11:14:09 pm
  • find your own way
I'd like to see an edit of James Bond or Indiana Jones :p
#42  July 28, 2009, 02:51:40 am
  • What?I know my skull is showing
ok i have started reiko by editing snk vs capcom chaos's Ken to make him
he will have gray hair

1 pic)he has blue eye with a blackish scar thing around it and gray hair
2 pic)gray hair color and no eye color or scar thing
3 pic)gray hair color and blue eye color and no scar thing

Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 04:48:56 am by DevilDemon
#43  July 28, 2009, 04:49:41 am
  • Xclusive is gaining a bit fame in the mugen world
    • s5.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=216231
I hope XcLuSiVe has something really cool for us, I wonder who he's gonna sprite?
What you guys think thanx to the tutorials on Arellons Website, so i got this

::)
btw what should hs name be
SubSeiko or Reiso
#44  July 28, 2009, 05:07:55 am
  • Hello ^_^... I visit MUGEN sometimes :P
The problem with what I see with people making up characters is that it should not be created by body swap parts but rather by only using digitizing graphics like how Midway officially done the sprite work . The art just looks bad , almost 95 % of the stuff I'm seeing in this thread just doesn't surprise me one bit...
Mortal Kombat, is not about death, but cheating in mame. Need Mame cheats? Go Here.

#Put_kokonoe_in_usfiv #Kappa
#45  July 28, 2009, 07:55:41 am
The problem with what I see with people making up characters is that it should not be created by body swap parts but rather by only using digitizing graphics like how Midway officially done the sprite work . The art just looks bad , almost 95 % of the stuff I'm seeing in this thread just doesn't surprise me one bit...

Well it's not so much sprite swap, it's editing to but the trick is not so much to where it's time consuming, bringing up my next point

NiallAsh

Please don't leave, you have really good talent; I think you just need to take my approach on how to create MK fighters rather than doing that degree of scratch work, scratch work is fine but it's only useful in a copy and paste sense to put it in a realistic perspective. Do it my way and you'll find that it's really easy work and that it can even look better to get exactly the right feel of MK graphics.

Take a week off and then come back if you need it that bad but please reconsider, you're really good at editing.

Back to you AceKombat; you're right about that but in no way does anyone have that kind of money and time to accomplish the level and quality of that degree (costumes, patient actors, camera, lighting and fxs equipment, etc.) so this is really the only way to get it done but as you can see by my edits it doesn't look all that bad, the trick is to edit it just enough so it's fresh but not so much that it loses it's natural look.

Also we're not jumping ahead into making up characters, we do want the traditional ones first to make it still a MK game, I just put the idea out there that to add to it's magic towards the end of our project we make new people as well to fashion and mirror the new MK game's success like new characters such as Reiko who was a big hit obviously.

I hope XcLuSiVe has something really cool for us, I wonder who he's gonna sprite?
What you guys think thanx to the tutorials on Arellons Website, so i got this

::)
btw what should hs name be
SubSeiko or Reiso

You did so well for your first edit, I'm surprised, you actually created something. This is the first step to spriting and you did very good. I like Subseiko ;) brilliant edit.

Now try a more detailed edit, try editing more than one part and even recoloring with different pallets  into a brand new one. Acekombat was right about one thing in that you got to make it more unique and this process is the way to do that. Subseiko was good to learn spriting and I'm damn impressed that you learned  :D Just step up your game now with this.

I gave NiallAsh this file, in it you'll find more instructions on this subject, give it a try and you'll be spriting like a pro in no time.
http://www.mediafire.com/?iozg2z1nnyz
 Do us one more demo with this detail and then post it like you did with Subseiko.

You already know how to code and rip, the minute you perfect spriting you'll be UNSTOPPABLE!!!!!  :o  ;D
NO REALLY!!! you will be :o

Back to business however, you can make your own character for this game, I only ask that everyone at least recreate or improve a previously known fighter from the recent roster to keep it in a sense a closely legit MK game. Do this first and you'll have done the right thing for your game. Posting your custom and new fighter is okay as long as it's just to make down the line and not something to throw you off of your primary goal.

Also scratch work isn't out of the question, in fact it's encouraged to do something like it, notice on my reptile sprite that I did heavy editing on the reusable head which makes him unique and fresh but at the same time easy to sprite.

Check out the animations I did reusing the stuff I only edited once.

Notice the head is just copy and paste, and I didn't have to make it scratch work for every frame, just one and simply reuse whenever needed. It's that easy and it looks good regardless and even perfect.

i could work on reiko and scorpion

I am happy that you wanna contribute and we welcome your help. Note though that it unfortunately has to be made from photo-realistic sprites i.e. MK styled like Street Fighter the Movie, Primal Rage, etc.

I would like to see a Scorpion, if he is your favorite, you should be the one to make him, try and edit from realistic sprites. It was intimidating for me to as I only did MvC style before but you'll find it's even easier to do. If you need help just ask me, look what I did with XcLuSiVe, he was just a coder and BAM!!! He already reads Chinese  8)

Lastly I say don't give up, we're all helping each other and hey we got so much done together as opposed to alone like before. Keep your morale high and we'll SLAP everyone with the MK EXperience they've been dying for.  :sugoi:
#46  July 28, 2009, 08:01:58 am
I'd like to see an edit of James Bond or Indiana Jones :p

You there, I see those edits in your sig  :D, stop teasing us and show us your stuff that makes my stuff look like amateurs work  :D  :P

I know you're cooking something up, you keep me in so much suspense, if you are joining in we'll be unstoppable having so many coders and spriters in this project.   :o

Make a donation  Simpliband for us poor amateur spriters   :'( ;P  :sugoi:
Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 08:28:04 am by ArellonX
#47  July 28, 2009, 08:42:14 am
New member added, lets welcome

kaandorpious

demo and skills preview

If you do commit you'll be in on our group/team

Unofficial Creator's List:
Niallash (in the grey area)
Xclusive
ArellonX
DevilDemon
chrismaster123(resource guy for now)
Kaandorpius

Wow, I'm just imagining all the awesome and sick stuff we're gonna do together  >:D :sugoi:  :ninja: 8)

:o We're growing, next Month we might double and make even more creations :o

#48  July 28, 2009, 09:20:32 am

I tried a concept design for the select menu, what do you think gang?
#49  July 28, 2009, 11:18:35 am
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/
Alright I'll take a few days off. Be prepared to be wowed as I show you my Raiden and Shinnok... All Custom... Prepare..
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly
#50  July 28, 2009, 12:20:29 pm
Alright I'll take a few days off. Be prepared to be wowed as I show you my Raiden and Shinnok... All Custom... Prepare..

Good, just remember, make it simple, nothing too complicated and overly done, try not to shade it yourself, instead try my method of simple frankenspriting and a little bit of recoloring to fit it together.

I tried a new Shang Tsung and is available to anyone who will take him. He has not been recolored yet  ::)

Based on the tv series "Mortal Kombat Conquest"

I liked the idea and want to try something other than Mk4 and MK Movie styles. So here's the TV series version of this character. I like him in the series because he was young and more relevant in the prequel to MK the Movie. I'm reconsidering the vest, I'll try another version where he is shirtless like in the pics beside.

#51  July 28, 2009, 12:23:19 pm
    • UK
Nice.. Where did you get the jacket from, you make it?
#52  July 28, 2009, 12:48:18 pm
Nice.. Where did you get the jacket from, you make it?

No, it belongs to Nightwolf but anyway scratch that last design, I think i found a better one base and best of all he's even easier, simplicity is my friend.

I still haven't recolored  :P
#53  July 28, 2009, 12:55:03 pm
    • UK
Thats HAWT!! Simple but, Awesome.
I might be-friend Simplicity.
#54  July 28, 2009, 03:09:02 pm
Ok now this one is good i must say  
tbh i saw that kind of raiden in somewhere under the tag of "evil raiden" yet i will regard this as an original edit.just try to add MKII raiden stance to his standing animation for his torso.Dont let legs moving only..iknow torso never moves but that is while walking only.And with a lighting goes around his body it will look great..try get rid of the knifes at his calfs..armor part looks cool but just the knives
#55  July 28, 2009, 07:51:37 pm

i could work on reiko and scorpion

I am happy that you wanna contribute and we welcome your help. Note though that it unfortunately has to be made from photo-realistic sprites i.e. MK styled like Street Fighter the Movie, Primal Rage, etc.

I would like to see a Scorpion, if he is your favorite, you should be the one to make him, try and edit from realistic sprites. It was intimidating for me to as I only did MvC style before but you'll find it's even easier to do. If you need help just ask me, look what I did with XcLuSiVe, he was just a coder and BAM!!! He already reads Chinese  8)

Lastly I say don't give up, we're all helping each other and hey we got so much done together as opposed to alone like before. Keep your morale high and we'll SLAP everyone with the MK EXperience they've been dying for.  :sugoi:

oh man im reality good with snk but ill use those for a later project but for Reiko ill use the one i started already

#56  July 28, 2009, 08:51:35 pm
Ok now this one is good i must say http://i33.tinypic.com/30uwd5i.gif  
tbh i saw that kind of raiden in somewhere under the tag of "evil raiden" yet i will regard this as an original edit.just try to add MKII raiden stance to his standing animation for his torso.Dont let legs moving only..iknow torso never moves but that is while walking only.And with a lighting goes around his body it will look great..try get rid of the knifes at his calfs..armor part looks cool but just the knives

Just remember this is kaandorpious' Dark Raiden and that he hasn't approved it in my project, I was just posting what he did for his game. I had my fingers crossed that he had more new content but I'd be happy to have his Raiden in our roster to. I think he did a fine job and that the little stuff isn't that important. I think it's one of the best characters ever out here. I hope he could contribute this or something better and look forward to his input.  ;)
#57  July 28, 2009, 09:06:29 pm
EPIC RAIDEN IS EPIC.
#58  July 28, 2009, 09:07:16 pm
New member added, lets welcome

Sub-Zero 7th

demo and skills preview

If you do commit you'll be in on our group/team

Unofficial Creator's List:
Niallash
Xclusive
ArellonX
DevilDemon
chrismaster123(resource guy for now)
Kaandorpius
Sub-Zero 7th

Extermination squad worthy  I say 8)
#59  July 29, 2009, 02:20:24 am
  • I like playing with girls,.. ;)
Allright, i figured it would be nice for a little introduction here.

I am Kaandorpius, 26 year old male from the Netherlands/realm. I've been neglecting mugen for a while since my old gear broke down, wich is replaced by newer older gear. I Still have all my work though, wich is basically all available on this site.

Ok,...  so a new project of combined effort going on,..  i already saw sum interesting stuff on this thread, so my interest is there. I wonder though, since the engine isnt going to be to celebrated mkp, how the new one will be setup. Whats the progress on that by the way? I cant imagine creating new characters on a fighting system that isnt worked out yet.

Before i can say i can commit myself to the project, i want to know we have a fighting system worked out onto wich the characters can be standardized, this garantees a basis for balanced gameplay, especially since various people are co-creating its entirety.

So let me hear how you feel and think about this fella's.

Cheerio,..  :sugoi:
#60  July 29, 2009, 07:01:57 am
ok i got one

Noob + kung lao
err names Nolao, Kunob, NoobLao Kung-Noob?
now i have an idea for the select screen

a image of 25 x 25 can fit
this is part of a new mugen screenpack well the select hole thing is