YesNoOk

Build 23190 (3/5) (Read 55448 times)

Started by FrantzX, March 05, 2009, 08:05:17 pm
Build 23190 (3/5)
New #1  March 05, 2009, 08:05:17 pm
    • code.google.com/p/xnamugen/
Get it Here!

Improvements:
Bug Fix - Crash when two buttons are pressed at the same time during menus.
Bug Fix - Rewrote placement code for explods, helpers & projectiles. Should fix a lot of issues with where things are drawn.
Bug Fix - 'HitShakeOver' trigger.
Bug Fix - Helpers with 'KeyControl' == true could not read the player's keyboard when the player was paused.
Bug Fix - Bind behavior. (TargetBind, BindToParent, etc.)
Bug Fix - 'AngleDraw' did not always rotate around the correct point.
Bug Fix - 'Offset' state controller did not reset each tick.
Bug Fix - 'HitOverride' never ticks down, so it never times out.
Bug Fix - 'HitBy' & 'NotHitBy' state controllers did not do anything.
Bug Fix  - Target list management.
Bug Fix - 'AnimElem' trigger when animation was looping.
Bug Fix - "HitVelSet' state controller did not take facing into account correctly.
Improvement - Sprites load faster. Shorter waiting times when going from versus screen to combat.
Improvement - Physics handling. Nearly perfect.
Improvement - Sound stops when game is paused.
Added - Juggling System.
Added - 'TicksPerSecond' trigger. (Always returns 60)

For The Next Version:
Bug Fix - 'PalFx', "BGPalFx' & 'AllPalFx' behavior.
Bug Fix - Placement code for Explod, Helpers & Projectiles
Bug Fix - Projectiles going in the wrong direction
Bug Fix - Problem with blocking in attack distance
Bug Fix - Win icons were not cleared correctly.
Bug Fix - 'HitVelSet' state controller did not correctly set X axis velocity.
Bug Fix - Projectiles in remove state existed for one tick too long.
Bug Fix - 'BindToParent', 'BindToRoot', & 'BindToTarget' state controllers did not stop binding when helper bound to was removed.
Bug Fix - State controller option 'persistent' was not read as expression.
Bug Fix - 'PlayerPush' state controller did not do anything for helpers.
Bug Fix - 'AngleDraw' state controller incorrectly scaled Clsn boxes.
Bug Fix - 'GetHitVar(HitCount)' trigger returned same value as 'HitCount' trigger.
Bug Fix - 'NumProj' & 'NumProjID' triggers incorrectly returned SFalse instead of 0 when run by helpers.
Bug Fix - 'HitDefAttr' trigger.
Bug Fix - State controller option 'persistent' timing issues during hitpause.
Bug Fix - Drawing priority.
Bug Fix -'AfterImage' state controller where 'time' was set to -1;
Improvement - Triggers are evaluated a little bit faster.
Improvement  - Projectile handling.
Improvement  - Faster expression system.
Added - 'Explod' & 'ModifyExplod' state controller options 'trans' & 'addalpha'.
Added - 'MatchOver' trigger.
Added - 'DrawGame' trigger.
Added - 'IsHomeTeam' trigger.
Added - 'CanRecover' trigger.
Added - Undocumented 'Alpha' for 'AfterImage' state controller.
Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 10:32:57 am by FrantzX
Re: Build 23190 (3/5)
#2  March 05, 2009, 08:34:37 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
Good job as always.

Improvement - Physics handling. Nearly perfect
Is friction in yet? Because running against opponent does not reduce the vel (p1 pushing p2).

This code removes life from P1 when P1 attacks P2, he should get life removed when P2 attack him (P1 and P2 share gethitvars?).
Code:
[State -2, LifeAdd]
type = LifeAdd
triggerall = var(50)
trigger1 = gethitvar(hitcount) = 1 && gethitvar(damage)
value = -floor(0.0833333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 * gethitvar(damage))
kill = 0
ignorehitpause = 1

I got some problems with Projectiles.

If the velocity is positive and P1 is facing -1, the proj goes right.
FrantzX edit: FIXED
My shitty mugen stuff:
Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:40:45 pm by FrantzX
#3  March 05, 2009, 09:53:47 pm
Some thing similar happened when p2's K-groove bar maxed out.

Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:40:54 pm by FrantzX
#4  March 05, 2009, 10:44:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
You already added nohitby and hitby so:

Those are very buggy in mugen, they don't act as the docs say, since that's a headache for most and as seen in the "cloning bugs" topic it's better if it just works as it should even if it introduces some bugs ( I think it won't anyway) on already existing characters.
#5  March 05, 2009, 11:14:19 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
The way it reads in the docs IIRC

S, NT

That should apply to all standing normal throws

The way it's applied in mugen is

All standing attacks of any type, and normal throws of status SCA.

Ie, it pisses you off. Disabling the current behaviour here and using what's documented would be far more desirable than recreating mugen's behaviour in this situation. Also, it might make some characters act as they're supposed to rather than how mugen is forcing them to act.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#6  March 05, 2009, 11:37:20 pm
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
Hm, Downloading now this could be interesting.
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
#7  March 06, 2009, 01:56:26 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Tested. Same problems as last time, but a little more:
Felicia
  • Sand Splash FX still look like dust... Check the previous thread for screens.
  • Hitspark problem with parrying. Select P-Groove and make Felicia parry a move in xnaMUGEN and compare it to what happens in regular MUGEN to see what I mean. Probably an issue with pause or something.
  • Tested this with P1 and P2 being Felicia. Have one use a basic and the other standing far away enough to not get hit, but try to have her guard the move. The guard animation.... Um... Well, you'll see.
  • No PalFX with K-Groove rage.
  • I too am having explod issues like the others.
[/list]
Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:41:20 pm by FrantzX
#8  March 06, 2009, 10:03:50 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Cool, more palFX compatibility. In fact, Blackheart appears to work perfectly bar the physics stuff that you already know about.

Loaded up Sasuke. His scroll system has stopped altogether. Load up Sakura, she has the same code it works. Wonder wtf is wrong, they're both the same character. Turns out this line in sasuke

trigger1 = time = 0 && roundstate = 2 && numhelper(8000) = 0

Doesn't trigger. Sakura has this
trigger1 = roundstate = 2 && numhelper(8000) = 0
Which does.

Bit unusual.

Projremovetime seems to be adding a few extra ticks. Kirby's paint super is timed with the animation, but rather than ending, it goes back to frame 1 again and plays 1-2 ticks of that. Reducing the overall remove time removes the problem. OR, it's playing the removal anim, even though one hasn't been set and shouldn't be played. Hmm, that controller could be worth streamlining. It does have some strange features if you don't use EVERYTHING in it.

Still. This improved Blackheart immensely. Mukai too. Mukai plays super fantastic now. It's great.

Query, what are you looking for in a character right now to test? I mean, i know you've found Link but is there anything you'd like to see in use that you haven't seen yet? Many of mugen's features aren't used cos they are less useful. Any of the triggers, or sctrls that you lack information on and would like to see in action? Many people here could take an existing character and add some states in that make use of said features for you to test on. All you gotta do is ask.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 06:41:48 pm by FrantzX
#9  March 07, 2009, 07:03:50 am
It looks like I broke a couple things in the current release. Thanks for the reports.

As for issues like cornerpush & hitby behavior, I am going to add a switch in the xnaMugen.ini file to go between "Just like WinMUGEN" & "The way it should work".

Also, Drex: What video card do you have? It's odd that you are having palette issues like that. Especally because it's only effecting Felicia's sprites but not all the sprites from her .sff file.
#10  March 07, 2009, 07:54:12 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Don't do that for the hitby. It's not worth it. Most people actually code it as the docs says. You fixing it to work correctly shouldn't actually break anything.

#11  March 07, 2009, 08:01:29 am
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE

All the characters suffer from some sort of palette error.
#12  March 08, 2009, 12:21:10 am
  • DAT SAX
GOD DAMMIT. I POSTED A SHITLOAD OF FEEDBACK AND IE FUCKING LOST IT. Posting what I remember on a different comuter now.

General

- Win icons are carried over when you start a new VS mode match
- Addalpha aspect of the afterimage controller does not work (trans)
- Facep2 = 1 in statedef 52 still does not work
- It seems you only implemented floor sliding for downed opponents who were hit by a move with the Trip ground.hittype attribute. Any other move that sends the opponent to state 5100 (bounce off ground), the X vel gets set to 0.
- It seems the X vel for the forward dash in all of my characters with forward dash is too fast. (all of my characters except Barns, who has a run)
- Still having a lot of graphical and shading errors. It seems XNAMugen has problems with white and black pixels. I have an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS.

KFM

- LP is still an infinite in the corner
- LP is a semi-infinite after Kung Fu Upper
- I can still mash LP after KO until the opponent hits the floor from juggling

Burai

- Still can't chain into the Hold F/B + Attack moves from the basics like I should be able to
- Throw direction sometimes does the opposite of the direction you're holding
- Hit frequency for QCF + A is still too fast. The opponent should be moving during the hits, but right now he's staying still
- The opponent goes into the wall hit custom state twice when using QCF + A against the wall.
FrantzX edit: It's the 'PosFreeze' controller in custom state 1998. It caused the timing of the move to be off, causing the 'TargetState' controller in state 3000 to trigger again. I'm working on it.
- No afterimages displayed during the fury punches of HCB + A. (may be a video card issue)
- Hit frequency of the hits in BBB is too fast. The first 6 hits are too fast, and then the last hit comes much later after that.

Barns

- Super Exe Breaker still does too many hits before the kick
- PalFX during throw is still all black

FrantzX edit: This is the PalFx state controller is question, in state #820[State 0, PalFXWiz]
type = PalFX
trigger1 = AnimElem = 3
time = 10
add = -104,-104,100
mul = 256,256,256
sinadd = 56,56,0,0;<-- The second zero here causes a division by zero error.WinMugen just ignores this line while xnaMugen tells you you did something wrong. Just remove this line.
invertall = 1
color = 0
Note: You use that 'sinadd' a few times for Burai. Remove all instances of it. It won't make any changes to the palette effect.

- Electric spike's vel during Exe Breaker does not stop during the kick

- SprPriority is wrong for either P2 or the hyper background during Lost Horizon (F, B, F + Z) and Storm Chaser Beta (2QCB + Y).

- Still no afterimages during Assault (F + A) (may be a video card issue)
- 2nd hit of Arc Blast (DP + X/Y) does not hit aerial opponents
FrantzX edit: Issue with the xnaMugen juggle check. I've disabled juggle checking until I figure how fully how it works.
- Wall hit spark is misplaced when hitting a grounded opponent with Arc Blast

- Electric pillars' afterimages are not displayed (may be a video card issue)
- Damage dampener still does not work

Can finally use Tron Bonne and Kim!

Tron Bonne

- Wall hit spark is misplaced when Tron is facing left. It also does not appear when I knock my Kim against the wall.

- Rings during C. MP do not fade out (Trans controller not yet implemented?)
- PalFX during S. MK is too short
- Servbot does not go into his panic animation during certain special or super moves like he's supposed to
- Tron does not go into her dash-in state after connecting j. HK or j. HP at a certain height
- The jewel carrying Servbots at the end of Beacon Bomb (QCF + P) do not fall immediately like they're supposed to
- The flame explod during Strong Bonne Strike (QCF + HK) is misplaced near the end of the animation.

- Megaman's Megabuster (QCF + C) is really buggy. It hits once, then disappears for a tick or two, then reappears on the other side of the opponent in its "destroyed" animation, then it seems to revert back to its original animation
- Servbot Tank's (QCB + Z) PlayerPush does not work.
- King Servbot's scale is all kinds of wonky during the move. Also, the CLSNs are just ... oh my god. Press Tab, do the move, and see for yourself.
- Too many Servbots are created during Lunch Rush (QCF + 2P). Also, those helpers do not create their projectiles once they pass the - Chef Servbot like they're supposed to. Instead they just disappear.

- Time explods are misplaced when Controllable King Servbot (QCB + 2P -> 2P) is facing left.

- The helicopter Servbots during Servbot Air Raid (QCF + 2K) that just swoop in and do not fall down are never created
- Her 2nd winpose where the Chef Servbot comes in with the cart and all the other Servbots trip Tron does not trigger. Matchover trigger not working maybe?

MvC Kim

- Sprpriority for landing dust is wrong
- No afterimages during roll or dodge (may be a video card issue)
- DF + K followup for Hishou Kyaku (air QCF + K) feels too fast. I believe Insanius brought this up with characters' velocities not slowing down when next to the opponent
- Afterimages during Hou'ou Hiten Shougeki Kyaku (2QCF + 2k) and Hou'ou Hiden Kyaku are all black instead of red (may be a video card issue)

- Hien Zan (Charge D, U + K) is very hard for me to do in XNAMugen as opposed to in MUGEN.
- 3rd kick of Sanren Geki medium (QCB + MK x3) does not hit aerial opponents
- X vel for Hou'ou Kyaku is way too fast (again, vel decreasing when next to opponent)
- P2's hitpause during the last kick of Hou'ou Kyaku does not take place, as the opponent starts falling before they're supposed to (when Kim's hitpause is over. Roughly around that time.)
- Super spark sprpriority during normal supers and the lightning spark sprpriority during Team Korea is wrong (super spark should be in front of Kim and lightning spark should be behind him)
- Metal ball explod is misplaced for Chang during Team Korea (HCF + 2P)

- No hitspark for when Chang hits the opponent during Team Korea
- Choi should be in front of Kim during the Team Korea winpose, not behind him (SprPriority)

Getting better FrantzX! Hope that's enough to keep you busy! :P It's all for the betterment of the engine.  ;D

Good shit so far. :)

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 12:07:38 am by FrantzX
#13  March 08, 2009, 12:47:43 am
Wow! Thanks for the bug report, ~*Ishida-Uryuu*~.

Would it be too much to ask for someone to test out stages & screenpacks? I would like to make sure that stuff is working as well.
#14  March 08, 2009, 10:42:26 am
My 3D stage crashes with this error

Code:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Code\xnaMUGEN\CVS2_London_Night.sff'.
File name: 'C:\Code\xnaMUGEN\CVS2_London_Night.sff'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at xnaMugen.IO.FileSystem.OpenFile(String filepath)
   at xnaMugen.Drawing.SpriteSystem.CreateSpriteFile(String filepath)
   at xnaMugen.Drawing.SpriteSystem.GetSpriteFile(String filepath)
   at xnaMugen.Drawing.SpriteSystem.CreateManager(String filepath)
   at xnaMugen.Combat.Stage..ctor(FightEngine engine, StageProfile profile)
   at xnaMugen.Combat.FightEngine.Set(EngineInitialization initialization)
   at xnaMugen.Menus.MenuSystem.RunEvents()
   at xnaMugen.Menus.MenuSystem.Update(GameTime gametime)
   at xnaMugen.Mugen.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
   at xnaMugen.EntryPoint.Main()
#15  March 08, 2009, 10:54:15 am
  • DAT SAX
Hey, FranzX, any idea why I'm getting all these pixel shading errors (visible in almost all of my screenshots)? I just updated my video card's drivers, and still get the same graphic bugs.

I mean, regular MUGEN does not need pixel shader for its graphics engine, why does XNAMugen? From what I've heard, it has to do with the way the engine handles either palettes or PCX files in general. Is there any possibility for fixing this?

My MUGEN shit:
#16  March 09, 2009, 05:59:35 pm
To ~*Ishida-Uryuu*~ :

*** MUGEN code in spoiler ***
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

You do know that the triggers 'NumProjID' & 'NumProj' always return 0 when run by helpers? xnaMugen did return SFalse in this case, but I just fixes that.
#17  March 09, 2009, 06:39:52 pm
Just for everyone's attention: I use these threads many for keeping tracks of the bugs people report, for obvious reasons. I'm going to start putting little FIXED or something notes directly into people posts, just so I can keep track of what issues I've fixed.
#18  March 09, 2009, 06:42:14 pm
  • DAT SAX
Awesome, sounds good. :) I'm keeping close tabs on this.

Can't wait to see all that feedback I gave riddled with FIXEDs everywhere. :P

and

To ~*Ishida-Uryuu*~ :

*** MUGEN code in spoiler ***
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

You do know that the triggers 'NumProjID' & 'NumProj' always return 0 when run by helpers? xnaMugen did return SFalse in this case, but I just fixes that.

Oh, really? I didn't know that. Glad to see you made it work like it should in XNA.

My MUGEN shit:
#19  March 09, 2009, 06:45:44 pm
Like that?
#20  March 09, 2009, 06:49:53 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I have my doubts, those triggers should return the number of projectiles spawned by the helper and Sffalse when the helper does not exist.