YesNoOk

Touka (from Aquapazza/Utawarerumono) Custom slow WIP (Read 24986 times)

Started by krudelu, January 29, 2017, 12:27:21 pm
Share this topic:
Touka (from Aquapazza/Utawarerumono) Custom slow WIP
New #1  January 29, 2017, 12:27:21 pm
  • (>owo)><(owo<)

My very first project and my very first post in this thread. It's going to be a slow project so please bear with me on this one

I'll leave the WIP file like here so anyone can check my current progress (basic normals included)
https://mega.nz/#!61sGWAbA!EAlI8pshJsf0pWjCodp634uKCzPlVhvtsjX9th2N6OA

If you guys can please leave any critique/feedback and/or constructive criticism regarding my current progress

Progress
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
============================================================================================
I'll post the idea again from this post I made here:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/touka-from-aquapazzautawarerumono-custom-idea-178263.0.html

So what will this "Custom Touka" have and not have then?

What she won't have:
-Emotion high/low
-Assists

What she'll have and retain:
-Most (if not all but I'll shoot for "all") of her moves from the source (Aquapazza)
-5 Power Bars just like the source
-Splash Art will still cost 3 Power bar with the requirement of the player needing to be at half health
-Heavy Smash and Resist Smash

NEW THINGS

EX Moves
This would be somewhat similar to the EX moves like SF that everyone knows. Here are the stuff I wanted to implement for this:
-Certain EX moves may be chained to certain moves that normally cannot be chained into specials and supers
-This will cost half a Power bar
-EX version of that special move will have enhanced properties to it.
-The "Emotion High" version of the Supers from the source will be now considered as EX version of Supers. It will have slightly increased damage compared to the source but using the EX version of the Super will cost additional half of the power bar on the top of using up the initial 1 power bar, meaning that the total cost would be 1 1/2 bar.
-Ex Moves can be chained from specials

Super Canceling
Pretty straightforward. Basically it's cancelling certain specials to super. Here are some possible super cancels that I have in mind:
-Special > Super
-Super > Splash Art

Others...
-Splash Art will get a slight increased damage compared to the source
-Maybe some property changes on certain moves on hit (most likely not but we'll see...).

So what would be the button layout?
Basically she's going to be four buttons but the D button will be replaced as a shortcut for the B+C from the source since she won't have an assist. So the layout would be like this:

A = Light Attack
B = Medium Attack
C = Heavy Attack
D = Heavy Smash (B+C in source)

As for the commands for the moves, moves will retain the motions except maybe for the Splash Art. I'll consider the changeable setting for changing the command for Splash Art.

Given the things she gets to keep and the things that got replaced by, what kind of gameplay would she have?
What I'm trying to go for is to make the "individual" stay strong even though losing the Assist system that it had from the source while keeping her playstyle, which is most likely space oriented. Also, despite the new mechanic I'm trying to replace Assist system with, I'm also trying to keep the footsie gameplay focus. As for the implementation of the new mechanics, this also add the ability to do more combos outside of the assists.

NOTE: These ideas are not final so there may be changes as this project progress

This is just the idea I'm thinking of implementing to the "Custom Touka" I'm trying to make. Feel free to discuss about this and maybe we can talk it out or something  ;D
==============================================================================================

Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 03:22:25 pm by krudelu

GT

Re: Touka (from Aquapazza/Utawarerumono) Custom WIP
#2  January 29, 2017, 06:47:03 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Pretty cool start so far. Headpos and Midpos are wrong.

For turning animations, I would suggest using a clsn similar to the stand clsns.
Your crouch clsn is incredibly simplistic, but your crouch to stand clsn is complex (and what you should be using for the crouch imo).
The dash clsn is pretty simple too. I would suggest 1 box for the upper body and one for the lower (Same for the get hits)..
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#3  January 30, 2017, 11:25:09 am
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
Thank you very much for the feedback

Fixed the head.pos and mid.pos. Thanks for telling me about this since I was unaware of it. I'll take note of adjusting head.pos and mid.pos when I work on more...

As for using the CLSN from Stand to Crouch for Crouching animation, her it is:

For the dash hitbox, I put 2 boxes to it but I decided to keep the height so light punch that hits high can still hit her while dashing (I don't recall getting past high attacks with her dash in the source). I wonder if it's a good idea to keep it's height...

It's kind of weird coming up with CLSN work on her dash animation since she leans forward like this as she dashes forward

About the CLSN on gethits, I'm still mixed feeling about it since I think if I have variety of box sizes during gethit might cause some combos to miss. I checked POTS Ryu for the gethit hitbox iddea so as of now I got mixed feeling about it. What you guys think?

Also updated the DL. Stand Light Attack was included in the file since I was experimenting on frame advantage so I haven't fully coded the attack yet. You can also leave feedback regarding the hitbox work for that.

In the future when Aquapazza's hitbox data is around I'll use it. For now, consider my hitbox work as part of my learning experience

If you guys can please leave any critique/feedback and/or constructive criticism regarding the current fixes.
Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 02:57:29 pm by krudelu
#4  January 30, 2017, 03:12:39 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
#5  January 30, 2017, 03:30:53 pm
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
#6  January 30, 2017, 04:11:32 pm
You need to install the java runtime and you need to find yourself the ps3 version of aquapazza good luck
#7  January 30, 2017, 04:35:07 pm
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
#8  January 30, 2017, 04:50:50 pm
The jar file is runnable
#9  January 30, 2017, 05:51:59 pm
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
#10  January 30, 2017, 09:35:20 pm
I've reached the limit of what I can tell you without breaking the rules.
You need to load the folder called ACT in the game files.
#11  January 30, 2017, 09:57:13 pm
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
Thanks you very much. Touka is one of my favorite characters in the game. (Can you please make the inputs of the supers easier thou? Because they aren't really that keyboard friendly.)
My hat is a pancake.
#12  January 31, 2017, 01:26:27 pm
  • (>owo)><(owo<)

I got it to work now. Thank you very much for going out your way to provide me such data. I can now easily make custom CLSN work much better If I would make custom CLSN box based on the original. Sorry for troubling you.

I should be able to have my next DL update with the proper hitbox placements.

Thanks you very much. Touka is one of my favorite characters in the game. (Can you please make the inputs of the supers easier thou? Because they aren't really that keyboard friendly.)

Well just be aware that this character won't have assist system so you may not end up using a particular playstyle based on the assist you use for her.

Also, this project may take a while so bear with me for a bit here. And I might need to take as long as I could to get this character properly completed.

As for the inputs, they're actually easier to pull off in keyboard. She has 1 Kuzukaze motion, 1 reverse kuzukaze motion, and a serpent wave motion. Splash Art is something where I may need to simplify inputs since the motion for that is like doing TK serpent wave but I'll give it a changeable setting for it. I can make the feel to the inputs easier tho.

To be honest, I can pull the moves just fine in the actual game itself with the keyboard itself which ended up being my main controller for KOF and Aquapazza since I got XIM4 to make keyboards work for consoles. Also the reason I ended up maining Touka more recently than being  my second main since I'm a fan of short hops lol. For MUGEN, I can make the feel of the inputs much better tho

Make sure to look forward to the progression and give it a test so you can give feedback. Also a plus that you play Touka as well so you should be able to point out things that may go wrong.
Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 08:21:36 pm by krudelu
#13  January 31, 2017, 11:49:14 pm
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA

I got it to work now. Thank you very much for going out your way to provide me such data. I can now easily make custom CLSN work much better If I would make custom CLSN box based on the original. Sorry for troubling you.

I should be able to have my next DL update with the proper hitbox placements.

Well just be aware that this character won't have assist system so you may not end up using a particular playstyle based on the assist you use for her.

Also, this project may take a while so bear with me for a bit here. And I might need to take as long as I could to get this character properly completed.

As for the inputs, they're actually easier to pull off in keyboard. She has 1 Kuzukaze motion, 1 reverse kuzukaze motion, and a serpent wave motion. Splash Art is something where I may need to simplify inputs since the motion for that is like doing TK serpent wave but I'll give it a changeable setting for it. I can make the feel to the inputs easier tho.

To be honest, I can pull the moves just fine in the actual game itself with the keyboard itself which ended up being my main controller for KOF and Aquapazza since I got XIM4 to make keyboards work for consoles. Also the reason I ended up maining Touka more recently than being  my second main since I'm a fan of short hops lol. For MUGEN, I can make the feel of the inputs much better tho

Make sure to look forward to the progression and give it a test so you can give feedback. Also a plus that you play Touka as well so you should be able to point out things that may go wrong.

Am very aware she won't have the assist (thou can I edit her so she would have them?). I'll be waiting for the demo. :3
My hat is a pancake.
#14  February 03, 2017, 04:30:56 pm
  • (>owo)><(owo<)

Doing swing effects as explod test. Not all the frame are included in the swing effect animations yet. So far, how is it?

Also for the current progress:
-CLSN Hitboxes reworked (some of them). For the crouch, I kept the height of the hitbox the same so she doesn't get hit by high attacks. Also made an optimal crouch hitbox height for 0.3-0.33 scale (0.33 is the default. I may change it in the future depending on the plan)
-some basics attacks included but j. C. They're not finalized yet

You guys can check out the character itself regarding how did I do so far:
https://mega.nz/#!X5dHRTwI!dMDnxW3S4apO-H5B8JE3zESipre-DBhWILpOIv5aE24

If you guys can, please leave feedback and/or constructive criticism regarding the current progress
Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:26:53 pm by krudelu
#15  February 08, 2017, 04:59:50 am
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
Currently Working on Hayate

#16  February 08, 2017, 02:09:57 pm
  • Nice to meet all
    • Indonesia
Very rare to see anyone work on Aquapazza WIP, good luck!
Looks very nice!
MUGEN Lover
#17  February 09, 2017, 01:21:56 am
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
Very rare to see anyone work on Aquapazza WIP, good luck!
Looks very nice!

Well the sprite rips just came out like around January 2017 so people who may wanted to work on Aquapazza characters barely had resources back then.

As for the sound rips for the characters, there's barely atm as far as I know so this project may take a while before it can even be considered "100%"
Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 04:14:55 am by krudelu
#18  February 09, 2017, 02:47:43 am
I'll put up sound rips at a later date.
#19  February 09, 2017, 04:14:16 am
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
I'll put up sound rips at a later date.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll wait until then.

If I get everything done before then, maybe I can use other sound effects while being voiceless by that (it will feel like Touhou XD). And by the time the sound rips come in I can have changeable sound sets.

For now, here are my candidates for what type of sound effects set should I use:
-Capcom VS SNK
-Samurai Shodown
-Last Blade

Also...

Basic Attacks, Hayate, and Size Scaling test.

Based on this chart:
http://aquapazza.wikia.com/wiki/Frame_Data_(Touka)
For frame advantage, it's showing based on the math I did when I took Option A (Taking startup, Active, Recovery, Hit Stun, and Guard Stun since the advantage values in the chart seems inconsistent to the startup, active, recovery, and guard stun parameters. Here's the discussion I had regarding it:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/trying-apply-proper-hit-stun-and-guard-stun-get-proper-frame-advantages-178274.0.html
Funny thing how the chart got the frame advantages right for Hayate tho.

I may need to tweak some push backs if something went wrong.

Also, I reposition the effects in .air file so when changing the size happens, it keeps it's position. I'm not sure how this will affect hitsparks in the future.

For Hayate's afterimage effect, I made it like that. Also, there's another effect I still yet to add. For now, I get to apply the move's functionality of it to the character.

No effects implemented for the sword trail yet when she put back her sword to her sheath if any of her "sword attacks" didn't get cancelled to another move
Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 10:49:15 pm by krudelu
#20  February 15, 2017, 05:58:00 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
its good to see you are doing a "sennou-room" job. so another creator is born especially have the touka in custom gameplay. good luck and thanks for this one. any plan for the ai?
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.