YesNoOk

.OMA file format question (Read 1306 times)

Started by #Shaun, November 01, 2007, 04:41:17 pm
Share this topic:
.OMA file format question
#1  November 01, 2007, 04:41:17 pm
  • corner push pusher
I dunno if this has been brought up here before...sry for double posting it if it has.

Until I pay to replace my 20GB hard drive to be reinserted into a brand new creative zen mp3 player (my other one shitted on me) I have to make due with this sony mp3 player. OMA files are such garbage as you may already know. I don't see the point of the protection they have on the .oma format (I downloaded a song from their sonicstage site and it wouldn't even let me port to to the mp3 player  ??? unless I registered countless info on it, which I don't have anymore) other than getting off on the fact that they have their own little thing. I've checked their figures in music download sales; it's horrible, so yeah, what's the point?

Anyway, I got this input plugin for winamp (king of all media players) that'll play it. When I try to extract it to a wav it won't do anything. I'm still searching online for a plugin that might be able to do something (so far, Blaze Media Pro is the only option to do anything). Anybody know of a plugin that can convert .oma files to wav/mp3/anything other than oma?