YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1562696 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta (UPDATE 6 [full])
#101  December 21, 2011, 06:12:52 pm
  • Burn to Fight
hi virtual
I start to making a char in the ff 3 beta 6 full and have a problem with the advance palette editor, i don't know if is a bug or a  procedure mistake , I try with png, bmp and pcx formats

1-open my char img then interchange in the left side and put my transparent color in the first box

2-save de pallete and reopen for checking that the pallete editor take the first box transparent  color

3- using the icon of  insert the current pallete in the images and apply the pallete in the images

when I reopen the images the transparent color change for other color diferent to the original

I think the palette editor in this beta automatically find a looks like color to the transparent reference in the whole pallete in this case the fuchsia color was remplacing for a pink color and this didn't happen in the old FF versions  I checked  the same procedure of the char images in the old FF and working good

Every time when adding sprites manually appear this message box

I using the procedure in the old version of the FF and working

another think the resize option in animation only work in the editor , when cheking the changes testing the char in winmugen and mugen 1.0 the char appear in the original size without the resize

Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 09:05:04 pm by xiondash
#102  December 21, 2011, 09:03:05 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I have a question... how exactly do I use the script editor? I want to make a function to refactor all damages (keeping the values the same, but appending new information to it).
#103  December 21, 2011, 10:39:45 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
About the function "Insert current palette in the images", I will fix it now. The problem is that FF3 supports Mugen 1.1, that uses 32-bit palettes (with alpha channel). All previous version uses only 24-bit palettes (RGB). Then, Isn't easy to handle all cases.
The solution now is to edit the first color removing the alpha channel before using this function, or converting the sprites to 32-bit PNG with alpha channel. But editing the first color is very easy.  ;) I will think a better algorithm to resolve the colors in that case.

About the Palette window, I added it in the last version to give more control to the user. When you want to change the image of the current sprite, the palette of the new image can be different of the current image. In this window you can define what will be the palette of the current sprite after the change.

I using the procedure in the old version of the FF and working
As I said before, the problem is 32-bit palettes. All previous versions doesn't support it, then no problem in these versions  ;)

another think the resize option in animation only work in the editor , when cheking the changes testing the char in winmugen and mugen 1.0 the char appear in the original size without the resize
This is one of the new options of Mugen 1.1. It only work on 1.1. You must ignore it for now.

I have a question... how exactly do I use the script editor? I want to make a function to refactor all damages (keeping the values the same, but appending new information to it).
What exactly do you want to change? Only a small set of text editing functions are available to Lua now. If you give me more details I can expand it now. I will make the documentation of all FF functions available under Lua later.
If the changes are small and very predictable, you can use the "normal" replace with regular expressions.
#104  December 22, 2011, 09:39:02 pm
    • USA
No problems on my end so far, I love this new version :3

The only thing I really hate is the search function in the cns though. It's really unnatural and forces you to move your mouse all the time and doing that on a horizontal space instead of a vertical one is not comfortable at all. I really preffer the FFU version, even if that means having a popup window for that.

Of course all this is just me not getting used to it :P. Seems like the best version of it is the one with the ultimate preset interface because the buttons are smaller and you have less space required to move and click. I would suggest you to use this version with all the interfaces, smaler buttons take less space and you can set your searching options faster.

You could also tweak this and make it so if you hit the "find" button with the right click it searches backwards. That would save the trouble of clicking the "backwards" button everytime you wanna change direction. Also can you move the "find" button next to the searching parameters? You know, next to the "circular" button.
#105  December 23, 2011, 03:59:06 am
like the prev user said about the search button, but I think is good, the only thing that it needs is to allow the user to press enter to do the search, instead of only when you click the button

Also, in the cns editor, is there any way to disable the auto unfolding for states?
I mean this
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

it complicates me the navigation through states when I need to check them, in the prev images I show 2 small states, but some are larger, then when I need to go to the next one, I need to fold it or scroll down to go to the next state
#106  December 23, 2011, 08:47:33 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Hey, in the image editor, why is the pen size 2px2 instead of 1px2? Also after I edit the image in a remapped palette, I get the message that the sprite needs to be moved for the rest of the sprites to receive the color palette, so it's kinda broken in that regards.
#107  December 23, 2011, 04:17:26 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
@Rednavi: Yes, I agree. I'm making some changes to improve the usability.

@Juano: OK, I will add an option to disable the auto unfolding.

@Jesuszilla: I not finished the editor, then you doesn't have an option to change the pen width. For now, you can do this with the "+" and "-" keys.
About the message, are you working with SFF v1? "Remapped palette" means one that you setup in the Remap window?
And, if you still want to use the scripting system to change the damage, send me a PM with what you want to do exactly.

Thanks!
#108  December 23, 2011, 06:10:01 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So I'm editing my Ryu. I hit anmiations, I hit sprites, and it goes back to the first image in the sff file, 9000,0. I'd like to see this change reverted. I'm used to jumping to the sprite of the current frame of the animation I'm looking at.

In sprites. I hit the eyedropper icon, enable the Color picker for quick selection tool. I single click on a couple pixels and the color is selected. If I click and drag the image is dragged. I'd like to see the line's colors be selected instead of it moving the image.
In sprites there's no icon for image editor. I'd like to see it at the top left instead of under the file-edit-sprites> drop down menu.

Switching between firefox and fighter factory 3 about 7 times has crashed ff3 while I type this.

I'd also like to see the search/find option respond on the Enter key being pressed. I dont mind it being at the bottom, but I do not like the fact it doesnt search after pressing enter.

----
In the image editor. If you resize the image larger, then press the undo button the image is cropped and not reset back to original.
In the image editor. The crop button does not seem to work for me.
I'd like to see a copy/paste option in the image editor used over two images. I'd like to copy Ryu's arm from image 300,0 and paste it onto image 299,3. Do you think this would be possible to add?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 06:19:55 pm by Odb718
#109  December 23, 2011, 06:20:42 pm
  • Do not expect me to get it right your way
    • USA
    • http://darkzeroprojects.deviantart.com/
oi! just downloaded the beta here looks just so promising   :D hope the bugs are fixed and goes well

Trying to figure out what to do...
#110  December 24, 2011, 12:35:29 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA

@Jesuszilla: I not finished the editor, then you doesn't have an option to change the pen width. For now, you can do this with the "+" and "-" keys.
About the message, are you working with SFF v1? "Remapped palette" means one that you setup in the Remap window?
And, if you still want to use the scripting system to change the damage, send me a PM with what you want to do exactly.

Thanks!
Yes I am working with SFFv1. Yes, I remapped the palette to work with the default palette rather than palette 1,1 in the remap window. If I save it in the palette that's mapped to 1,1, it's fine, but if I save it in the remapped palette (1,4), I get that problem.
#111  December 24, 2011, 02:57:19 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
So I'm editing my Ryu. I hit anmiations, I hit sprites, and it goes back to the first image in the sff file, 9000,0. I'd like to see this change reverted. I'm used to jumping to the sprite of the current frame of the animation I'm looking at.
I will add an option to enable it.

In sprites. I hit the eyedropper icon, enable the Color picker for quick selection tool. I single click on a couple pixels and the color is selected. If I click and drag the image is dragged. I'd like to see the line's colors be selected instead of it moving the image.
Fixed.

Switching between firefox and fighter factory 3 about 7 times has crashed ff3 while I type this.
--; Any report like this will be ignored. I can't fix problems like: "crashed" or "doesn't work". I'm not psychic. Provide more informations like the last thing you do, windows version and any useful data (FF3 log, ...).

In the image editor. If you resize the image larger, then press the undo button the image is cropped and not reset back to original.
In the image editor. The crop button does not seem to work for me.
I'd like to see a copy/paste option in the image editor used over two images. I'd like to copy Ryu's arm from image 300,0 and paste it onto image 299,3. Do you think this would be possible to add?
Already fixed.
About the copy/paste, as I said in my last post that you haven't read, this editor is "work in progress". I will add more options and functions later. ;)

Thanks!
Yes I am working with SFFv1. Yes, I remapped the palette to work with the default palette rather than palette 1,1 in the remap window. If I save it in the palette that's mapped to 1,1, it's fine, but if I save it in the remapped palette (1,4), I get that problem.
OK, but do you remapped the palette manually with one of the "Apply palette to ..." functions? Because the remap window is only for preview purposes, it doesn't changes the sprite's palette index. I tried to remap the 1,1 palette and saved, no problem. Then, I used the function "apply palette to sprite" and changed the sprite's palette index, the problem occurs.

Thanks!
#112  December 24, 2011, 09:16:50 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Also, adapting the image to the palette doesn't work as expected:

Then I commit changes but I still get:
#113  December 24, 2011, 09:55:00 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Commit changes refers to the palette, not the sprite. Is a palette editor anyway, the sprite is for preview purposes.
I will add this function in the image editor, then you can modify the sprite's palette and apply the changes to the SFF editor.
#114  December 24, 2011, 09:56:14 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Yay! :D
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta (UPDATE 4 + Linux)
#115  December 25, 2011, 02:27:28 am
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/

You're welcome... oh, by the way, just tried to open KFM720 and got not one but five similar errors!!!
Look at the specified lines and you will see that Elecbyte defined the Clsn in a wrong form. Mugen ignores, but is a syntax error anyway.

Ok, opened KFM720's air file, and confirmed what you said, Elecbyte made a little mistake defining Clns2 and putting Clns1 instead or something like that, I just remember the file was strange as notepad would show it like a bunch of disordered text.
probably created in linux? the carriage return was messed up for notepad, yet  wordpad would show it correctly.
The only txt files I had this problem with were those I edited with gedit.

The "text mode" option at the animations menu doesn't seem to do anything...
the "Edit current animation as text" is a nice option to have there, but I can't check the mentioned lines because I can't seem to find the whole file in text mode.
I said tons of times that the full text editor is disabled for now, read the Dev topic in the projects section.  ;)

Well, I kinda lost track of that thread, I'm sorry I didn't pay attention to that detail.

And another question... considering my works are still SFFv1... just saving them with FF3.0 will make them SFFv2?
No, you may specify the version to be saved clicking in the version on the statusbar or with save as.

Thanks!

You're welcome! Regarding this, I noticed something in the current FF3 behavior.  I opened several chars then I modified one of the several CNS files (only a single file) then I went to File and chose "Save (Ctrl+S)" and FF3 asked me a strange question about the .act files. I chose not to modify them. Anyways, the point is that when I looked at that char's files, all of them had been modified (modified date changed to today's date) and I really don't know what FF has changed since I had only modified some text in one of the cns files.
I guess I should have used the states menu save option? I'm a little unsure of what has FF3 done to my files. I opened the SFF with the old MCM and found some strange issues, as some sprites had the "shared" palette activated and looked messed up. Those didn't have it before, and to make my puzzlement worse, when I opened the SFF with FF classic, those sprites looked normal and didn't have "shared" palette as it always had been. To make sure everything was OK, I tried the char in MUGEN 1.0 and... *phew* what a relief, everything seems normal.

Well, now I noticed something important: some triggers are missing. I can specifically say I noticed the AnimExist trigger is not recognized.

Well, with that said, see you, have a merry merry Christmas, happy holidays everyone, see ya and God bless you all.  :)
#116  December 25, 2011, 04:50:32 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
You're welcome! Regarding this, I noticed something in the current FF3 behavior.  I opened several chars then I modified one of the several CNS files (only a single file) then I went to File and chose "Save (Ctrl+S)" and FF3 asked me a strange question about the .act files. I chose not to modify them. Anyways, the point is that when I looked at that char's files, all of them had been modified (modified date changed to today's date) and I really don't know what FF has changed since I had only modified some text in one of the cns files.
I guess I should have used the states menu save option? I'm a little unsure of what has FF3 done to my files. I opened the SFF with the old MCM and found some strange issues, as some sprites had the "shared" palette activated and looked messed up. Those didn't have it before, and to make my puzzlement worse, when I opened the SFF with FF classic, those sprites looked normal and didn't have "shared" palette as it always had been. To make sure everything was OK, I tried the char in MUGEN 1.0 and... *phew* what a relief, everything seems normal.
Ctrl + S is the default shortcut to the File -> Save function, that means Save project (all files of the current project). I'm thinking about to change the menu from File to Project to make it more clear. Ctrl + Shift + S saves only the current file.

Well, now I noticed something important: some triggers are missing. I can specifically say I noticed the AnimExist trigger is not recognized.
Yeah, I will update the syntax highlight database. We have some other keywords missing too.

Well, with that said, see you, have a merry merry Christmas, happy holidays everyone, see ya and God bless you all.  :)
You too.

Thanks!
#117  December 25, 2011, 06:09:33 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Import from another project and checking "use only indexes" only has it import the last sprite. I told it to import indexes 9 through 17 on group 7011 on Cyanide's Rikuo but it only imported 7011,17.
#118  December 25, 2011, 08:52:08 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I'm not sure if it was done on purpose or what's the problem, FFU 2.6 is totally unreadable now.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta (UPDATE 7 [full])
#119  December 25, 2011, 06:32:00 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
New update in the first post.

• Changed the Apply button in the Options window to confirm the changes without closing the window
  • Changed the 'Insert palette in the images' function to ignore the Alpha channel when the source image is RGB only
  • Automatically press the next button when you hit Enter in a line edit control on the Quick search
  • Added an option to disable the current line navigation
  • Color capture in the SFF editor locks the sprite (prevent from moving)
  • Fixed a crash after changing the interface preset
  • Added an option to force the SFF editor to switch to the current AIR editor sprite
  • Improved the change image function (only ask for palette if the source image have a different one)
  • Fixed small problems in the syntax highlight
  • Fixed a problem with the "only indexes" of the Import from another project function
  • Fixed many bugs in the Image editor (undo/redo, crop, resize, filters)
  • Automatically adjust the image indexes when editing the palette (Image editor)

You can use enter to do the first search now. Any other search must be done with the Space key (Qt works this way).

If anyone wants to use "regular" templates on FF3 just take a look inside the folder scripts/project/Template. I added the Winane AI activation template. You can add new ones in the same way.

@Jesuszilla: Fixed. And, now you can edit the sprite's palette inside the image editor, commit the changes and use the function File -> Save in the current sprite.

I'm not sure if it was done on purpose or what's the problem, FFU 2.6 is totally unreadable now.
Are you serious?  :omg:
Reinstall FFU and make sure that you have MSVC++ 2005 redist installed.
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta (UPDATE 7 [full])
#120  December 25, 2011, 07:58:57 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
When characters share CNS or other files - in my case the CCS character pack shares the CMD file and about 7-9 ST files - between each other, and you change the file in one character's tab, it isn't updated on the other's tab, causing inconsistency between the two instances of the same file. Even if you save the changed file, it doesn't update the other open tabs that contain it. Multiple instances of the same file open should get updated immediately when you edit one of them, otherwise saving in the wrong order can result in the changes being lost.
Sharing files is pretty common when making full games, but it also happens often in character packs that share gameplay elements.

Plus a suggestion. The ability to define additional files that need to be opened with the project would be nice.
I mean something like this in the .def file :

;FFtxt1= readme.html
;FFtxt2= changelog.txt

This would eliminate the need to use notepad completely as currently we still need to use it for editing files like these, and they generally need to be updated at the same time the character is changed, so opening them together with the character files would be useful. They could be opened in the .Def section as additional tabs.

Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 08:14:41 pm by Seravy