YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1559139 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#1801  August 20, 2017, 03:51:33 am
Oh look, Goku went SSGod just like that and they outright explained that it consumes less stamina than Blue, and he just goes Blue for one attack at a time (which, surprise surprise, is exactly what the manga did when the anime just decided to bring back super Kaiohken for the hell of it) (it's also probably what this new form will be about, just mixing red and blue). Just like back in the Cell arc when they explained why they needed to train to remain in SSJ in normal time, to get used to it so it wouldn't wear them out.
Dysposable is kinda cool but he's dumb. And so is his little friend. Fucking three times in a row they fell for the same trick !

lol, the energy rope guy sounds like Shun from Saint Seiya with his impregnable defense. And LOL at Goku's "fuck it, just plow through it lol" solution.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 04:06:50 am by Byakko
#1802  August 20, 2017, 06:03:42 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Well...that kind of sucked.  I was rather hoping for something better than just going back to red.  Oh well.

At least the fight and visuals for this episode were good.  After the Super Saiyan sisters showed worry for Hit, and the other universe's angel remarked on how he likely was filling the role of moral support for the team as well, would have thought they'd cut to everyone remaining also worrying for Hit.  Eh, guess they were busy.
#1803  August 20, 2017, 06:19:28 am
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
Yeah damn good Episode this week for sure.  Dyspo vs Hit was amazing seeing Hit at his weakest for the first time not even Goku was able to do that to him kick his ass as he used his Time Skip. Hit adjusting and figuring how to survive the dude's onslaught was wonderful to see and it shows how tough a fighter he is even it looks grim for him. I knew that Kunshi was an average fighter relying on those Energy Webs more so of a  Defense rather than a true Offense and he paid giving up his body so Dyspo can go on, but dude is cooked too if he fights Goku or Hit again.  I like how Goku tapped into SS Blue and went back in SS God shows that he's starting to take things seriously. Toppo saying no more games time to get real, yeah another inconsistent remark from Toppo especially after what he did weeks ago wanting Justice for those stupid ass girls to do their transformation. I can't wait for that fool to go down and to see Jiren finally work because he'll be all alone then.

Next Week Roshi based Episode and he's going to see alot of TNA and we see if he survives. I'm not really sure why they are doing a Roshi based Episode, they could of plugged in these fights for him somewhere early in the tourney. I wouldn't be shocked to see Roshi get eliminated here and get at least one elimination like Krillin did.
#1804  August 20, 2017, 06:44:59 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Hit making the donuts. :D

This was a good episode with great visuals and music. Nice seeing Hit using an assassination move on a non vital area. I was worried he would just get bopped because he had to hold back again.
#1805  August 20, 2017, 07:08:35 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Roshi episode? What next, a Tien episode?
#1806  August 20, 2017, 05:04:23 pm
Toppo is done playing hero. It sounds like they want to put their pride aside.
#1807  August 21, 2017, 12:10:32 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Latest manga chapter is out. Has a really nice fight in it.
#1808  August 21, 2017, 05:06:34 pm
I don't know if it is forbidden to ask but, where do you read the latest chapter? Some Websites are slow with updates.
#1809  August 21, 2017, 10:05:06 pm
Do you really want it in Korean on a French website
Some sites are "slow with updates" maybe because it's not actually translated yet.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1810  August 22, 2017, 12:16:02 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
I read it last night on the dbz reddit.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1811  August 22, 2017, 07:27:47 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
I don't know if it is forbidden to ask but, where do you read the latest chapter? Some Websites are slow with updates.

I live in Europe so I just read the official version off viz
#1812  August 25, 2017, 06:06:21 pm
#1813  August 25, 2017, 06:39:59 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it was "confirmed" to not be a crossover but two separate one hour specials each.
#1814  August 26, 2017, 02:43:36 pm
That's better and fair actually. A couple more days and we'll have a promotional video about the specials.
#1815  August 26, 2017, 09:47:55 pm
  • I love reading my own Death Note.
    • Singapore
My DBS wish:  "#17 will not get kicked out of the stage".  I didn't like him in DBZ but I like him a lot in DBS.

After this TOP arc is finished, it is out of my guess about what they might come up with for the next arc (if any).....who else could be higher than Zeno-sama, the God of all Gods?
#1816  August 27, 2017, 05:26:43 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
This weeks ep is pretty good. Good to see Roshi doing well.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1817  August 27, 2017, 10:12:17 am
Master Roshi is Great. He is definitely an epic master. This Episode was very enjoyable for me.
#1818  August 27, 2017, 08:18:55 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
My DBS wish:  "#17 will not get kicked out of the stage".  I didn't like him in DBZ but I like him a lot in DBS.

After this TOP arc is finished, it is out of my guess about what they might come up with for the next arc (if any).....who else could be higher than Zeno-sama, the God of all Gods?

I hope not, things that have been hinted but not used;

goku becoming the new god of destruction (instead of bills?)
majin buu actually appearing in an arc
the other 4 (?) universes who are not in risk of being deleted.
#1819  August 27, 2017, 08:55:43 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Actually, they've been equally downplaying the Zenoes compared to fans hyping him recently, it seems.  For all this apparent unstoppable power, they can't keep up with comparatively slower speeds to follow what the combatants have been doing.  And more recently, they've been shown to be pretty bad at simple counting.

Not that the whole evil Grand Priest thing is concrete, but I can totally see the whole approach of Zeno just being a tool and figurehead for him the more we see Zeno being just a child with a special power.

Anyways, been a while since we've seen Goku getting emotional.  The whole first combatant scene for Roshi didn't really gel, though.  I get it was supposed to be about him moving on from being such a big old pervert...but it just came across as kinda rape-y?  Push him too far and he's not responsible for what he does, all that.  Rest of the episode was ok, though.

Also, is it just me, or did it feel like these three matched up to Roshi give a more Dragon Quest vibe than Dragon Ball?
#1820  August 27, 2017, 09:01:14 pm
Also, is it just me, or did it feel like these three matched up to Roshi give a more Dragon Quest vibe than Dragon Ball?
In the same way that we have a Super Sentai universe, a magical girl universe etc.
About the Zen'ohs, they have the power of creation and erasure over all the universes. It doesn't mean they need to be fast - or even to know how to count. It just means they can throw a tantrum and the universe is gone, which is what Beerus and everyone have repeatedly warned Goku about. There's still no sign that the priest's team have any influence over him, so far it just looks to me like they don't give a shit. They barely even seem to talk to him at all, they just follow his orders, they haven't been seen taking any action or decision on their own. (which would probably be a reason why they're not in any risk of getting hit by Zen'oh's tantrums)

Quite simply, there's a child with absolute power who created a bunch of universes, and sometimes he wipes them out and creates others. Some priest has decided to take care of the child, and no sort of power or influence matter because the universes the child created might vanish in a blink at any time, so there's no point in the priest even trying to take any sort of control over anything. They're just going on with their own life, with no concern or care for any of the ephemeral universes.
Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 09:11:01 pm by Byakko