Shredder WIP (Read 246982 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#101  March 05, 2012, 05:58:57 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
Awesome work so far Dcat! Good luck with your project!
About the cape - he can put it off during his intro for example (like in arcade Turtles in time)

About stances - I don't think the spear from the old movie will suit this Shredder, so 2 stances (1 - bare hands, 2nd - with sword) will be just good.
#102  March 05, 2012, 09:05:11 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
That's only 'cause there's so few of them and I've been using that Cyborg sheet at the moment. It's nothing to pull a :P emoticon over though......I don't believe it'll be too large of an issue in MUGEN since his gameplay will be anything but that of a shotoclone.
Exactly, blame Konami for the Ryu ripoff.

Still, he doesn't play like a shoto even in his Tournament Fighter's incarnation...its just a few sprites that don't really affect gameplay style.

BTW, does anyone still have the worst ever rendition of a badass villain made action figure still laying around?

I remember always being upset about those dumb squinty eyes they gave him...not to mention how off the colors were from the back then popular 80's cartoon costume.
Silver/Grey/Purple Cape and Black leggings...GET IT RIGHT!!! IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE!!!  ;P

Its like the factory created a whole bunch of defective batches and couldn't afford to spend time and money repainting them all.

...Yup, that's what I like to call a "BIG FUCK IT" situation. LOL
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#103  March 05, 2012, 10:01:59 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Those two simple palettes are fucking awesome!! I'm swimming in nostalgia!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#104  March 05, 2012, 11:21:00 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Thanks Sai, glad you like them.

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed but it appears Dcat himself already did the old original Shredder palette from Mirage comics and snuck it under the radar in that vid.  :ninja:

Looking good as always Dcat.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
#105  March 05, 2012, 11:26:41 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Good eye sir!!  ;D

I remember back when Krang's post just started. If Krang is any indication, Shredder here is going to blow minds. I can't wait!!

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#106  March 05, 2012, 11:36:45 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
Hmm, I think a palette that would be good aswell would be the one he had in Reshelled.

In that version, the colours were a lot like his cartoon one, but with slightly greish red/purple suit, black pants, and a shadowed face with purple glowing eyes... oh and a purple sword...

I think it could work. :S
#107  March 06, 2012, 03:10:25 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/

Can somebody please help me with adding a bit of animation to this sprite? I need for Shredder to have maybe 2 or 3 additional frames where his body moves to show him breathing. I suck at custom animation, if somebody could help out it'd really be appreciated. Nothing fancy just 2 more frames to show that his arms and body move/flex a little.
Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:36:18 pm by Dcat
#108  March 06, 2012, 03:13:18 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Balthazar should give this a shot....

#109  March 06, 2012, 07:08:39 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Somebody called upon my assistance  :ninja: ?
#110  March 06, 2012, 07:12:25 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+

#111  March 06, 2012, 07:43:07 pm
Somebody called upon my assistance  :ninja: ?

I just need to add a bit of motion to this sprite, give Shredder a bit of bounce with his shoulders/chest so it can be a proper idle stance. I'll send you the .PNG file with the body elements separated.

New basic attacks
#112  March 06, 2012, 08:29:49 pm
  • SNK is life
#113  March 06, 2012, 08:46:33 pm
@Balthazar: Nevermind I think I got the hang of it, I'll add some anim to his feet/heels so things look smoother but this'll do for now.

#114  March 06, 2012, 09:00:32 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
What is this supposed to be ? :ninja: A sort of pissed off stance ?
#115  March 06, 2012, 09:05:31 pm
#116  March 06, 2012, 09:07:21 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
claw mode stance
#117  March 06, 2012, 09:08:48 pm
#118  March 06, 2012, 09:18:04 pm
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
I think maybe if you slowed the animation, added in some leg movement (raising himself up slightly and lowering himself like he's heavily breathing) it would be a bit better, just my 0.02
#119  March 06, 2012, 10:11:36 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Dcat, some of you custom sprites where you've added a purple neck seem to make Shredder taller than his original sprites.

To see what I mean you can look at your post #100 and compare the sprites on the bottom.

Get rid of some pixels around that area, bring the head down and make the flaps on the helmet a bit longer and it should be fine.

#120  March 06, 2012, 10:27:49 pm
Yeah, this happens. I don't mind it at all so I most likely won't be addressing it or correcting it. The turtles were rather squash and stretch as well.
I'm not too worried about it, my proportions are always all over the place. Things seem to blend pretty well in-game though. If its too glaring I'll probably re-sprite it later down the line anyway.

EDIT: Pouncing frame inspired by the comics! I've already got tons of possibilities on where to use these sprites.

Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:54:09 pm by Dcat