YesNoOk

Majin Vegeta Z2 [Project] (Read 540274 times)

Started by Balthazar, October 29, 2012, 02:20:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Majin Vegeta Z2
#21  October 29, 2012, 07:00:03 pm
  • Young Coder
    • USA
sad to hear that he wont have the "M" on his forhead even though it is small and not that much noticeable but love that this character is being made by you guys non the less :D 
mugen or nothin

#22  October 29, 2012, 07:19:53 pm

I can see you used force's sprite here! It looks really good with the HD aura. :)

Will he have the same palette template? Maybe, if you want you could add the M when you finish all the sprites. Good sprites so far, even the Budokai 3 kick! (at least it looks close to that one)
Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 07:32:11 pm by G.o.D.
#23  October 29, 2012, 07:26:07 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
 :batman: It looks good but please make more so it could be way more fun and Dragon Ball Z like, you get what I mean.  :toff:
#24  October 29, 2012, 07:26:42 pm
Adding the M on his forehead is not worth the trouble imo since it's so tiny,
and it would defeat the purpose of reusing his current .sff and palettes.

Not to nit-pick or anything, but the "M" on his forehead is a distinct/important indication of Majin Vegeta. I can understand you not wanting to add that to all the sprites. With that being the case, why give him the "Majin" label? Why not just Super Saiyan?

Divine Wolf hit the nail on the head with this one.
#25  October 29, 2012, 07:43:19 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Looks like I've got some extra homework...
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#26  October 29, 2012, 07:46:59 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
#27  October 29, 2012, 07:49:32 pm
Also in Hyper Dimension Vegeta didn't have the M on his forhead even though he was distinctly Majin.
That's really unfair, the resolution was a lot worse.
I support the suggestion to try and add it at the very end. It's an important part of his design.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#28  October 29, 2012, 07:51:08 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
:batman: It looks good but please make more so it could be way more fun and Dragon Ball Z like, you get what I mean.  :toff:
They're as fun as balanced Capcom styled characters can be, with a huge hint of DBZ feeling. If what you're looking for is teleports and multiple Ki Blasts all over the place, you should rather play with Bardock's characters or Flowagirl's Broly. They might fit your tastes better.

Not to nit-pick or anything, but the "M" on his forehead is a distinct/important indication of Majin Vegeta. I can understand you not wanting to add that to all the sprites. With that being the case, why give him the "Majin" label? Why not just Super Saiyan?
Because he'll have anything that defines Majin Vegeta, just that writing a M on a forehead when you have only 2/3 pixels place is (you choose) :
-impossible
-ugly
-boring
-unnecessary.
You can always rename him if you want. :P
And if somebody really wants it, he can always add it to all the sprites. Shouldn't be "so" hard if you really want it.
#29  October 29, 2012, 07:52:12 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
I'm okay without having an M really.

It's the gameplay we're wanting, I'm sure someone could just slap a M on Vegeta's sprites when it's released
Cybaster beat me to it :x
#30  October 29, 2012, 07:54:46 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
His voice/lines and his attacks are what really define him as Majin. Of course I love the M and it's how I originally got my nickname, but wtf we don't need no stinking M. The only time it looks cool was on Freezer and Cell in Budokai 2.
#31  October 29, 2012, 07:55:03 pm
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
They're as fun as balanced Capcom styled characters can be, with a huge hint of DBZ feeling. If what you're looking for is teleports and multiple Ki Blasts all over the place, you should rather play with Bardock's characters or Flowagirl's Broly. They might fit your tastes better.

Because he'll have anything that defines Majin Vegeta, just that writing a M on a forehead when you have only 2/3 pixels place is (you choose) :
-impossible
-ugly
-boring
-unnecessary.
You can always rename him if you want. :P
And if somebody really wants it, he can always add it to all the sprites. Shouldn't be "so" hard if you really want it.

"this"
#32  October 29, 2012, 08:05:24 pm
k. Though this probably should've been SSJ Vegeta instead. Btw huge exaggeration on "impossible, ugly, boring, unnecessary" lol. Just seemed like something that wouldn't be too hard for Balth to do as he sprited.
#33  October 29, 2012, 08:27:31 pm
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
 :pwnonk: YOU SNEAKY MOFOS!!! awww shit  just got real....er
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#34  October 29, 2012, 08:52:16 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
Very cool to see Majin Vegita is being made. I hope one his supers is the hidden one from DBZ3 snes (import) where he does this here
starting at clip time 2:09. A classic super for the nostalgia im sure the veteran fans would remember^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeVZ49AzyAs

#35  October 29, 2012, 09:33:03 pm
    • Canada
Well spank my arse and call me Leonard... So THIS is why my question about Final Explosion wasn't answered. It all makes sense now. You sly bastards!

It's official... I'm fucking HYPED!!!
Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:44:46 pm by KojiroBADNESS
#36  October 29, 2012, 09:33:32 pm
    • USA
For Majin Vegeta's stance, maybe you could use/take reference to Dareon's sprite?

Nice work as always Balthy, :D
#37  October 29, 2012, 09:41:32 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dareons sprite looks evil
#38  October 29, 2012, 09:50:42 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
For Majin Vegeta's stance, maybe you could use/take reference to Dareon's sprite?

Nice work as always Balthy, :D
Daeron was already aware of Majin and is working with us towards the goal.
#39  October 29, 2012, 09:53:02 pm
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
#40  October 29, 2012, 09:55:39 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Well spank my arse and call me Leonard... So THIS is why my question about Final Explosion wasn't answered. It all makes sense now. You sly bastards!
Yeah, we usually don't ignore people without a purpose. ;D