YesNoOk

Firefox randomly closes, replaces current add-ons with suspicious add-ons (Read 3023 times)

Started by Sheng Long, July 28, 2015, 09:14:56 pm
Share this topic:
Firefox randomly closes, replaces current add-ons with suspicious add-ons
#1  July 28, 2015, 09:14:56 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
This has been happening to me for a while now. Every now and then, my Firefox randomly closes, uninstalls my current add-ons, and gets replaced with other add-ons without my consent. It just "happens". I haven't installed anything in the recent days. But it could have been there for years I just didn't notice it.

I checked the control panel, uninstall program, and don't notice anything odd..... Though some odd stuff back inn 2014 maybe.  Some odd stuff like ReigUlarDealss, CouoppExotension which have "" as publisher. I've uninstalled them without any noticeable effects.
The other being MykonosLiner, which sounds suspicious i donno, Though I don't remember them being there before now, though the date was 2014. Is it a possibility that malware can have a set install date, instead of latest install date to mess with you?
There's one that I think also sounds suspicious, called Simple Adblock. But there's no way for me to tell what it is.

Should I try Malicious Software Removal Tool by Microsoft? Or is there a better option for this?

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
Re: Firefox randomly closes, replaces current add-ons with suspicious add-ons
#2  July 28, 2015, 09:46:33 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
malwarebytes is a free anti-virus software.

Scan your entire PC it'll probably find and kill them.
#3  July 29, 2015, 12:04:08 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Well..... I have Microsoft Security Essentials on. I guess that doesn't help with everything. I think that only helps as an anti virus tool. But I guess virus and malware are much too different to be detected by one security program alone.....:-/

Unless there IS something like that, that I don't know of.....

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#4  July 29, 2015, 06:43:40 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
just get malware bytes its a good program and free.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#5  July 30, 2015, 04:05:26 pm
  • Miscrits on Adroid phone
    • Australia
I got the same problem with mozilla yesterday so i uninstalled it, i think the add-ons something to do with windows 10
#6  July 31, 2015, 07:57:02 am
  • I am just a :/
Mine does randomly crash, but it keeps its add-ons, but my xp is a piece of shit so...........
:/