YesNoOk

Batman (CvTW) by SeanAltly (commissioned by DavisMaximus) (Read 119709 times)

Started by Sean Altly, May 01, 2015, 10:13:15 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Batman (CvTW) by SeanAltly (commissioned by DavisMaximus)
#21  May 02, 2015, 03:02:50 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I dunno, it wouldn't really work with that bat-symbol; the bat part of oval-less bat symbols are much larger than the bats in the oval ones, to make up for the loss in overall size. Adding an oval over an oval-less symbol would look pretty weird.
#22  May 02, 2015, 04:06:42 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I, for one, am glad you're picking this back up again.  I've been waiting for a more decently put together and coded Batman, besides Balthazar's.  And your sprite work and the people you get to code your characters is awesome.

If I could sprite, I'd so make an awesome Batmobile (animated series version would suit this Batman) for this Batman to drive.
#23  May 02, 2015, 05:50:40 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
He's real awesome so far. Just one question though. Will this character also receive independent release, outside the CvtW game?
#24  May 02, 2015, 02:38:19 pm
Here's what I was thinking for the color separation:

As for the symbol, we decided on the bigger one since we think it looks best in such a small pixel form.  There's so many iterations of his symbol, we went with the one that (I think) is the most easily recognizable for this set of sprites.   
Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 03:22:32 pm by davismaximus
#25  May 02, 2015, 05:01:40 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Good Lord man, that separation is beastly! I can't wait for the palette template! :)
Also, did you go for the fourth iteration of the logo on that link you posted?

I, for one, am glad you're picking this back up again.  I've been waiting for a more decently put together and coded Batman, besides Balthazar's.  And your sprite work and the people you get to code your characters is awesome.

If I could sprite, I'd so make an awesome Batmobile (animated series version would suit this Batman) for this Batman to drive.

Wouldn't it be easier to go to any random pixel-based Batman game and use a Batmobile sprite as a base or something??
This is a generic forum signature.
#26  May 02, 2015, 05:37:32 pm
I've been waiting for a more decently put together and coded Batman, besides Balthazar's.
Cybaster made him, not Balthazar.

I like that colour separation. The fifth palette is based on the Batman of the future, right?

#27  May 02, 2015, 05:40:23 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Dat color separation.

Blackest Night Batman, The Brave and the Bold Batman, TAS Batman, Lord Batman, Keaton Batman, the whole Bat-Family...so many possibilities.
#28  May 02, 2015, 05:58:34 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I've been waiting for a more decently put together and coded Batman, besides Balthazar's.

I like that colour separation. The fifth palette is based on the Batman of the future, right?

Yep. Batman Beyond. :)

Dat color separation.

Blackest Night Batman, The Brave and the Bold Batman, TAS Batman, Lord Batman, Keaton Batman, the whole Bat-Family...so many possibilities.

Yeah, man. I can already imagine the submissions Sean will be getting from us all. ;D
#29  May 02, 2015, 06:00:07 pm
I'll probably do the arms as well for some Zur-En-Arrh action.
#30  May 02, 2015, 06:19:12 pm
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
Freakin ossom
#31  May 02, 2015, 06:24:50 pm
    • Argentina
I love that CS (any of those you showed), Davis!
#32  May 02, 2015, 06:40:24 pm
    • USA
    • dc2001@charter.net
Those sprites look amazing! :D I'm actually curious as to what you used as reference.
Here's what I was thinking for the color separation:

Those are some nice palettes. Especially love the Batman Beyond one.
#33  May 02, 2015, 07:29:15 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA

Honest mistake ^^;

Good Lord man, that separation is beastly! I can't wait for the palette template! :)
Also, did you go for the fourth iteration of the logo on that link you posted?

Wouldn't it be easier to go to any random pixel-based Batman game and use a Batmobile sprite as a base or something??

I tried finding Batmobile sprites: almost nonexistent, man.  And the ones that are out there aren't correct angles or they're not very visually appealing.

And that Zur-En-Arrh 8)
#34  May 02, 2015, 08:47:27 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
He's real awesome so far. Just one question though. Will this character also receive independent release, outside the CvtW game?

Yes, definitely.

I was going to chime in on the oval situation but I see Davis' dope color separation will take care of that. Will be updating the first post with a tentative moveset soon.

Download Last Bout now!

DW

#35  May 02, 2015, 08:52:15 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Great! Been looking forward to him since he was announced. Good luck with everything. I'll definitely be following this.
#36  May 02, 2015, 08:52:28 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Yes! Waiting to see him in cvtw soon in future by anyone!!!
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#37  May 02, 2015, 09:21:21 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
Wow! The sprites and the CS is amazing.
 Going to be following this for sure.
#38  May 02, 2015, 09:23:15 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Just updated the first post.

Download Last Bout now!
#39  May 02, 2015, 09:26:12 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Yes, definitely.

I was going to chime in on the oval situation but I see Davis' dope color separation will take care of that. Will be updating the first post with a tentative moveset soon.

That's great! Good luck Sean! :)

I tried finding Batmobile sprites: almost nonexistent, man.  And the ones that are out there aren't correct angles or they're not very visually appealing.
And that Zur-En-Arrh 8)

You're right man. But hey look on the bright side. At least I found a good activity to folly myself with ;)

#40  May 02, 2015, 09:54:48 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
THIS IS IN NO WAY FINAL. I am open to suggestions from people more familiar with Batman's history. I'm really only familiar with Batman from TAS and the movies.
Smoke bombs/knockout, tear, or other kinds of gas pellets are like the second most used gadget in every iteration of Batman (or at least, they were until Batman '89 introduced the grappling hook gun and knocked the pellets down to third), so I think they should get in somewhere, maybe for the level 3, to stun the opponent and summon the Batmobile or something; an inverted takedown from the Arkham games would looks pretty cool as a super, I think, but maybe the smoke bombs would work better there to set that one up? I dunno.

the anti-air batarang kinda feels redundant/boring; maybe for an anti-air move he could swipe the air above him with his cape or something? A counter move would fit right in with his moveset as well.