YesNoOk

VioFitz's CVS Mina Majikina Sprite Pack W.I.P. (Read 67778 times)

Started by VioFitz, March 07, 2015, 07:43:38 pm
Share this topic:
VioFitz's CVS Mina Majikina Sprite Pack W.I.P.
#1  March 07, 2015, 07:43:38 pm
Hello!

Yes, I decided to return for finishing my CVS Mina Majikina as my final works. Alot of people asked me to finish her & here's my current progress:

Stance.

Turn around & crouch.

Jump.

Basic Kicks & Rolling

Basic Archer Attacks.

Triple Arrows or A+B.

Cheese K.O.

Walking Forward & Backward.

Running, Step Forward & Step Backward.

Crouch Basic Punch (Low, Medium, & Hard) Attacks.

Dodging.

Power Charge.

Winpose 01 or Champuru Oyasumi Nasai.

Winpose 02 or Champuru Kocchi-Oide.

Rage features.

Basic standing kicks. (Low, Medium, & Hard)

Basic Jump Archer Attacks. (Low, Medium, & Hard)

Jump Basic Punch Attacks. (Low, Medium, & Hard)

Jump Basic Kick Attacks. (Low, Medium, & Hard)

Standing Parry.

Crouching Parry.

Air Parry

A-Groove Start-up.

Air A-Groove Start-up.

Throws.

Intro.

Time-Up Pose or Suicide.

Standing Guard & Guard Crush.

Crouching Guard & Guard Crush.

Air Guard & Guard Crush.

Sankaku Tobi.

Kajifuchi.

D, B+C, Sungan No Sasoi, & Sungan No Mukae.

Jikyuu Shin & Tenkyuu Shin.

Shinimabui No Nageki.

Umichimun No Ikari.

Zetsumei Ougi.

Zetsumei Ougi: Niruya-Kanaya No Jubaku.

CVS Mina: 100% (All required moves from SS games & CVS features, including her skirt)
Weapon: 100%
CVS Champuru: 5%
Queen's Gate Features: 100%

More to come soon... & also big thanks to:

Felo Llop, he helped me on kimono intro edits & some little fix on her abs.
Abster & Alcaster24, without their sprite rips I won't be able to get Mina Majikina SS0 sprites to convert them into CVS style.
The DreamSlayer, for his open source CVS sprites.
Warusaki3, for allowing me to use his CVS sprites.
Wuwo, for his open source Samurai Spirits Tenka sprites.
Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:44:55 pm by VioFitz
Re: VioFitz's CVS Mina Majikina Sprite Pack W.I.P.
#2  March 07, 2015, 08:00:17 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
thats great nice to see youre back
good luck
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#3  March 07, 2015, 08:27:49 pm
  • Developer of Samurai Shodown: Rebirth by Blood
You're back after I dunno how many years?  Good to see ya.
#4  March 07, 2015, 08:57:25 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
You're making only sprites, or a full char?
#5  March 07, 2015, 09:03:28 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the skirt is looking pretty nice now.
#6  March 07, 2015, 09:18:14 pm
  • *Insert text here*
    • USA
It's been a long time since I heard anything about this project. Greatto hear from you again VioFitz.
#7  March 07, 2015, 09:24:15 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Oh God, he's back! Good luck with Majikina! :)
This is a generic forum signature.
#8  March 08, 2015, 02:00:47 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Damn, I love what I'm seeing. Really awesome animations there

Shit
#9  March 08, 2015, 02:06:27 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Awesome and welcome back, hope you complete her.
#10  March 09, 2015, 06:39:58 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Good Job VioFitz!
With her CVS Mai lookalike she's even better!

Keep it up with her weapon and Champuru!

DW

#11  March 09, 2015, 10:00:57 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
IDK much about the char, but she looks great. Great work. A few things I wanted to ask/say. First, I just wanted to thank you directly for all the great edits you've made for various CvS chars. Of which, I've used some myself. Next, a few questions concerning Mina:

What are you doing with her weapon exactly? Are you changing up the shading or something? Or are you doing things like when chars lost their weapons in SS? The latter function was excluded from CvS, so I don't think it necessary imo to bother with her w/o weapon sprites. I'm not entirely sure, though perhaps some of them could be used in a sense, to give her all the normal attacks she'd need for a 6 button layout.

I'm curious on how you're adapting her normals as well. I'll just have to keep an eye on progress. I hope you become inspired to do so other chars possibly down the line as well. You really do great work and it's awesome to see chars reborn so to speak with new spritesets and all. Good luck with everything.
#12  March 09, 2015, 10:25:34 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Do I hear a commit on Mina, from the great DW? "Just saying man", in my "Booker-T " voice.lol
#13  March 09, 2015, 10:27:36 pm
- In all gifs, I don't know why the area below her chest is that illuminated, it casts shadow so there shouldn't be light there.
- Also, the skirt seems to have a different lightsource. Where does it come from? Did you get it from somewhere?

-Her back is pillow shaded.
Why does she look at us (the viewer) when she pick her weapons up?

- When she finishes the movement, her forearm and hand seem to receive light from below.

- Her left arm (viewer's right) could use some fixes in terms of shading, respecting the lightsource, same thing for the hand.
#14  March 09, 2015, 11:10:03 pm
  • I need your help...
    • Mexico
!!! LONT TIME I WAIT FOR THIS ONE!!! Really nice and amazing job! I cant wait for she!

Contact me if you want a mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=EMU3HTMW4MPUL
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 1307-0181-1655
Name: chuchoryu
#15  March 10, 2015, 10:27:23 am
Hello! Thank you so much for your support on me. Yes, I will complete her this time & she'll be my final contributions in here.

Anyway, another new progress:

Intro

Rage

Umichimun No Ikari

You're back after I dunno how many years?  Good to see ya.

Hey, hows it going man? Haha, 3 years I think...

the skirt is looking pretty nice now.

Really? I didn't reshade her skirt, though.

Good Job VioFitz!
With her CVS Mai lookalike she's even better!

Keep it up with her weapon and Champuru!

If she didn't wear her skirt, she'd be a perfect CVS Mai look alike.

Thank you! More progress will be up soon.

IDK much about the char, but she looks great. Great work. A few things I wanted to ask/say. First, I just wanted to thank you directly for all the great edits you've made for various CvS chars. Of which, I've used some myself. Next, a few questions concerning Mina:

What are you doing with her weapon exactly? Are you changing up the shading or something? Or are you doing things like when chars lost their weapons in SS? The latter function was excluded from CvS, so I don't think it necessary imo to bother with her w/o weapon sprites. I'm not entirely sure, though perhaps some of them could be used in a sense, to give her all the normal attacks she'd need for a 6 button layout.

I'm curious on how you're adapting her normals as well. I'll just have to keep an eye on progress. I hope you become inspired to do so other chars possibly down the line as well. You really do great work and it's awesome to see chars reborn so to speak with new spritesets and all. Good luck with everything.

Weapon was mostly rescale to fit the CVS sprites however, for a better CVS shading I'm going to leave it to this community.

Well, her time up pose lost was actually throws her weapon away & it can also works as her suicide moves in her games.

All normals are done, most of them are following from her games but, some are new moves but, some also stole the exact moves from other CVS characters since I lost the ideas for more new moves. It's just matter of her weapon & champuru for now.

Thank you! Glad if you enjoyed my edits.

- In all gifs, I don't know why the area below her chest is that illuminated, it casts shadow so there shouldn't be light there.
- Also, the skirt seems to have a different lightsource. Where does it come from? Did you get it from somewhere?

-Her back is pillow shaded.
Why does she look at us (the viewer) when she pick her weapons up?

- When she finishes the movement, her forearm and hand seem to receive light from below.

- Her left arm (viewer's right) could use some fixes in terms of shading, respecting the lightsource, same thing for the hand.

I see... Do me a favor to feel free to fix them like what you've said, I'm too busy on editing her weapon & Champuru here. Also fyi in the original game, her head & eyes also looking on us when she pick her weapon back.
#16  March 16, 2015, 10:48:04 am
You can fix them later, but you'll have a lot of work to do then.
Also, I'm sorry to say this and don't take it the wrong way, but I fix stuff when I want, not when someone tells me to do that. I just gave feedback, you're free to disregard it completely.
I'll fix three sprites, not more.
#17  March 16, 2015, 10:58:46 am
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Glad to see you back! I was hoping this sprite project would get finished someday. Can't wait to see this get completed and released. :)
#18  March 17, 2015, 01:58:41 pm
Only three sprites as promised:

Points I found while editing:
- her face gets too much light!
- There aren't shadows where there should be;
- as I said earlier, those abs are not shaded correctly (why is there light? They can't get light because of her chest);
- in the last sprite you mirrored the legs and feet; it took me one second to notice it; you could have edited them a bit more;
- the lightsource of the skirt is wrong (because you only resized the Samurai Shodown skirt and made it so it looked "CvS", with that I mean filling the secondary colour and adding anti-aliasing... pretty much like dampir does in his works).
#19  March 17, 2015, 05:58:54 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
That first sprite was really bothering me before, but the other two didn't even come into my mind. All I can say is that Alex did a huge improvement to the three of the sprites in here. It certainly looks a lot more in style, and as well much better (and less Samurai Shodown looking) in general. Would certainly feel like a waste if these improvements were not implemented to her sprites, in my opinion!

Shit
#20  March 17, 2015, 06:20:22 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Yeah, converting them to the more "proper" style actually leaves you with less work since you don't have to put as much detail on them. Those sprites are huge improvements. With CvS, you're rarely ever adding detail— you're usually subtracting it.