YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat X / XL (Read 1166119 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 01, 2014, 08:19:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat X
#21  June 02, 2014, 12:57:34 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
If frost is in ill go nuts

SNT

#22  June 02, 2014, 01:13:53 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Before that it'll be MK4 characters.

Sheesh, MK4... it's like the Tekken 4 of Mortal Kombats.  Man, can't wait for Yellow Jade, Black Liu Kang and Lame Kano, they're all memorable characters.
#23  June 02, 2014, 01:16:07 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
I totally forgot about tanya

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#24  June 02, 2014, 01:27:53 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
any idea if kratos will be back?
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#25  June 02, 2014, 01:30:47 am
  • Fuck You.
don't forget about maskless white noob saibot and...umm.....uhh.....kai, weaboo nigga

i hope they put in a one time playable prologue, starting off from the last game where you fight as someone for the souls of the deceased and win, then bring everyone back, justifying the cast from the previous game being playable. after you win it and the game is on your hard drive, you don't have to do it anymore

that, or shinnok fucking wrecks shit down there and everyone's souls are freed from quan chi, deus(diablos) ex machina style, plus new characters

or, yeah mk4 and up characters

i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#26  June 02, 2014, 01:39:12 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sadly Jax is dead so we won't get the corny
-This is police brutality
-No Jarek,this is a fatality
scene
#27  June 02, 2014, 01:40:44 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
im telling you they will just all come back. Death in mk doesn't tend to matter

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#28  June 02, 2014, 01:41:32 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
At this point, I think it would be wise to either expand on the mythologies introduced by classic characters, like the whole correlation/relation of Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Smoke, Cyrax and Sektor (E.G. Lin Kuei). Maybe expand on the whole background of the White Lotus Society (Kung Lao and Liu Kang). Or perhaps, Kintaro's/Goro's/Sheeva's and Motaro's race (I say his because they are rival races; that art as Motaro and his extermination squad running in MK3's intro was amazing). Or perhaps more to do with the Black Dragon and their culture, because Kabal is fucking badass and Kano is equally as badass. I loved his outfit in part 3.

Reason I bring out fleshing out already established characters is because, lets be honest here, MK4's characters sucked and were completely uninspired. Rieko?? Shinnok?? Tanya?? Really!? I look at MK4 as an excuse to bring the franchise into 3D. Deadly Alliance was amazing, even if a little uninspired in a few respects. I'd chime a little more in MK:DA's new character entries and backstories, but my knowledge is stronger with the first three titles only.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#29  June 02, 2014, 01:46:00 am
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
Call me when there's Meat, Tremor or any other rumour characters. Would want that :D
#30  June 02, 2014, 01:46:57 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
im telling you they will just all come back. Death in mk doesn't tend to matter

Exactly. Johnny Cage died after MK2 and came back by Trilogy, death has about as much consequence in MK as it does in the Dragonball series.
#31  June 02, 2014, 01:50:57 am
  • Fuck You.
they're still gonna try to find a way to bring em back without it being an asspull tho

also mkda was dope, even mavado, his finisher was just absolute ass

#32  June 02, 2014, 01:51:10 am
I'm mad that I barely remember MK9's story. I thought Raiden reversed all the deaths at the end but I guess I'm mistaken because I remember jack shit about how that went down.

EDIT: I think I'm thinking about how Raiden canonically retconned Armageddon at the beginning.
#33  June 02, 2014, 01:55:54 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
I always assumed that MK9 was always meant to be just some alternate continuity where everything goes south, and that whatever game after it is back in the original timeline.

Course, it would be amusing to see Raiden try to re-retcon MK9 only to make things far worse.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#34  June 02, 2014, 02:10:59 am
make the story about raiden reviving everybody that died thanks to his incompetence. problem solved. thank me later ed boon

SNT

#35  June 02, 2014, 02:26:05 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
The whole thing's probably fresher in my mind than most (fucking Australia), so here's what I remember:

Quan Chi is working for Shinnok, and the whole thing was a master plan to play Earth and Outworld against each other so they're both weak when the Netherworld attacks.  All the Earthrealm warriors bar Liu, Sonya and Cage are dead and possessed by Quan Chi.  Sub Zero's soul for some reason still looks like a robot.  Liu Kang and Shang Tsung are dead dead and belong to nobody.  Sindel's a Quan Chi puppet, Shao Kahn himself is either dead dead or is a Quan Chi puppet.  Outworld is presumably being run by Mileena in Kahn's absence.  No one knows what's happened to Edenia, maybe Rain takes control.

So basically it's Raiden, Sonya and Cage versus Hell and everyone in it, with whoever's still alive in Outworld fighting for who knows who.
Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 02:31:18 am by SNT
#36  June 02, 2014, 02:34:20 am
  • Fuck You.
liu kang died

#37  June 02, 2014, 02:58:41 am
Thanks SNT. Yeah I forgot about the whole Netherrealm thing.

So the idea is that these new characters will more than likely team up with Raiden and the Z-Fighters against Shinnok and his army. Of course there will probably be new NEW characters thrown into the mix that will be key components of the netherrealm side and those will be the characters I'm looking most forward to. I'm also thinking most of the MK4 characters will get a MASSIVE re-design too and become practically unrecognizable.

As long as the actual combat system is also altered then we should be good to go. MK9 was a good game as a whole but I hated the metagame quite honestly. Playing it competitively just wasn't fun, and I know that the MK system isn't known for freeform combat but I think it needs to look into it.
#38  June 02, 2014, 03:25:29 am
  • Haters are toys
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#39  June 02, 2014, 03:26:43 am
  • Fuck You.
fallowing

#40  June 02, 2014, 03:56:45 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.