YesNoOk

Chankast Insanity... (Read 1484 times)

Started by Chosen_01, September 27, 2007, 07:28:54 pm
Share this topic:
Chankast Insanity...
#1  September 27, 2007, 07:28:54 pm
  • Now your gonna feel my hooks! OH YEAH!!
I can't get the blasted thing to start. I have like 5 different tools to get it running but the stupid emulator keeps going straight to the CD player. It reads it fine from the mount, but it never runs. I'm guessing that I have to self-boot it, but I dunno. *shrugs*

I'm on the verge of just deleting the whole thing. I just want to play Shenmue dammit!  :sad2:
Re: Chankast Insanity...
#2  September 27, 2007, 07:31:25 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
The ISO/IMG/whatever has to be self-boot.

As for making games self-boot,im stuck at doing it myself,so i just download a self-boot version of the game :P
#3  September 28, 2007, 04:07:36 am
    • Peru
I once knew how to do it, but when I make an image out of the CD it becomes not autobootable. :(
#4  September 28, 2007, 11:42:45 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I load the boot CD ISO (wth was it called again? The one with the moose) in Daemon Tools' virtual drive, then when Chankast's done loading it I replace it with the game's, still in Daemon's drive.
Probably works with the normal CD drive as well, dunno.

I just want to play Shenmue dammit!
Damn, I need to play that game again someday, though I seriously doubt a second playthrough can be as good... and I was just starting Shenmue 2 when I bought a PS2 :S so I unplugged my DC and never advanced much, also still need to play that one.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#5  October 03, 2007, 12:05:56 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
I made a few self booting via bin2boot but don't ask me how I did it.  Completely forgot all the details to that.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.