YesNoOk

Any way to make Intro unskippable? (Read 3165 times)

Started by Trololo, August 09, 2018, 05:20:52 pm
Share this topic:
Any way to make Intro unskippable?
#1  August 09, 2018, 05:20:52 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, the name of this thread reveals it all: I want to make an intro unskippable. Is there any way to?
Re: Any way to make Intro unskippable?
#2  August 12, 2018, 06:44:08 pm
yes there is a way to do it but is somewhat complicated.. you can look for "rednavi" work,  he did some unskippable intro in some of his stuff and explained in some posts
arround mugenguild so yeah.. if i had the link's ill send them but hit google it should appear or atleast give you clues
#3  August 12, 2018, 09:31:01 pm
  • Don't copy code if you don't understand it.
    • USA
    • a13rown@hotmail.com
Yea, the non skippable introductions is possible.  I actually have unskippable intro's and win poses within my current project.  However, it's something more for full games than compilations.  The characters must be in roundstate 2 during their intros (roundstate 1 must be skipped completely).  Secondly, a variable must be used to remove the characters control until after both introductions are finished.  It is possible, however each character must be coded a certain way in order to achieve this.  However, it is much easier to create non skippable intro's than it is the win poses.  The win poses consist of multiple scenarios:  Win by time over, Lose by time over, win by ko, lose by ko, ect.
#4  August 13, 2018, 12:37:02 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
In other words, there's no way to disable the engine's native intro/win pose skip.  You can only work around it by having the intros/win poses happen in roundstate 2.
#5  August 13, 2018, 01:02:35 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
This could be a feature in next MUGEN versions, something like "skip.intro = 0" in system.def or mugen.cfg, also for winpose, screenpack intro, versus screen, etc.
#6  August 13, 2018, 02:05:43 am
  • Don't copy code if you don't understand it.
    • USA
    • a13rown@hotmail.com
In other words, there's no way to disable the engine's native intro/win pose skip.  You can only work around it by having the intros/win poses happen in roundstate 2.

Yea, simply put.  However, it was just easier for me to incorporate the winposes/victory quote screen during roundstate 3.  Unfortunately, mugen still goes to roundstate 4 automatically after about 800 ticks. But as long as the character has no ctrl, you are temporarily frozen in roundstate 3.  You just have to make sure the winning character does the following: 

-Has no ctrl during roundstate 3
-Enters a custom state immediately after he wins
-Create a variable to determine when the character goes into the win state
-Character enters the win state after the variable conditions are met

The dead character must also do the following:

-The dead character must not enter state 5150.   
-The dead character must enter a custom state immediately after he dies.  For example, inside stateno 5150, my characters have a sctrl that immediately places them into custom state.  This interrupts mugen from executing roundstate 4 temporarily, which keeps the characters locked in roundstate 3.

I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but is the technique I used.  However, just as I mentioned earlier, the various type of conditions a character can win,lose, or draw can make this technique very tedious.