YesNoOk

Ryu SFV inspired wip  (Read 20764 times)

Started by Memo, February 06, 2018, 12:14:39 pm
Share this topic:

vyn

Re: Ryu SFV inspired wip
#41  October 11, 2018, 05:19:34 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com

DW

#42  October 11, 2018, 06:31:00 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Its true you can get hit out of the V-reversal and I had it setup to
use meter from the power bar.

My point is that V Reversal is just a "fancy" Alpha Counter. Really a worst version of an Alpha Counter.

He still has a FWD and back roll, he lost the dodge and its attacks
for the focus attack but he might lose those as well since the focus
attack can be a powerful tool if you know how to use it.  It has 1
hit of armor and you can easily dash cancel out of it, I use it like
a parry on projectiles and dash to close the gap. It it hits and you
dash into your enemy you get a shit ton of +adv to follow up a
combo with whatever you want.

I wouldn't recommend it. Since Parry is apart of the system, using Focus to parry projectiles isn't very smart. :P Unless you took out Parry. While Focus cancels are nice, I don't really see that replacing Roll. It can replace Dodge though. The system also has Small Jump/Long Small Jump. Focus parrying projectiles in a SF4 setting is legit, though not with the current system you're working with. You'd be better off just Parrying it, rolling pass it, or Small Jump over it for a nice jump in punish.

I dropped the cc groove stuff already, the plan is to make a mode
similar to his v mode in sf5 and buff his attacks a bit, or ill check out
your ideas they do sound interesting and simpler to do lol

Well ,the easiest would be the Meter Power mechanic. I could write up the code for you real quick if you want for that. The Desperation mechanic would be 2nd easiest. You'd just have to account for the low life trigger and possibly balancing the free allowance of EX moves. Though that's a bit questionable... Maybe EX moves shouldn't be free like Lv1 supers during Desperation.

The Rage mechanic would take about as much effort as implementing a V skill mode. Though none of them all particularity hard to implement. Just others will take more code to implement it properly.
#43  October 11, 2018, 11:21:16 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Its true you can get hit out of the V-reversal and I had it setup to
use meter from the power bar.

My point is that V Reversal is just a "fancy" Alpha Counter. Really a worst version of an Alpha Counter.

He still has a FWD and back roll, he lost the dodge and its attacks
for the focus attack but he might lose those as well since the focus
attack can be a powerful tool if you know how to use it.  It has 1
hit of armor and you can easily dash cancel out of it, I use it like
a parry on projectiles and dash to close the gap. It it hits and you
dash into your enemy you get a shit ton of +adv to follow up a
combo with whatever you want.

I wouldn't recommend it. Since Parry is apart of the system, using Focus to parry projectiles isn't very smart. :P Unless you took out Parry. While Focus cancels are nice, I don't really see that replacing Roll. It can replace Dodge though. The system also has Small Jump/Long Small Jump. Focus parrying projectiles in a SF4 setting is legit, though not with the current system you're working with. You'd be better off just Parrying it, rolling pass it, or Small Jump over it for a nice jump in punish.

I dropped the cc groove stuff already, the plan is to make a mode
similar to his v mode in sf5 and buff his attacks a bit, or ill check out
your ideas they do sound interesting and simpler to do lol

Well ,the easiest would be the Meter Power mechanic. I could write up the code for you real quick if you want for that. The Desperation mechanic would be 2nd easiest. You'd just have to account for the low life trigger and possibly balancing the free allowance of EX moves. Though that's a bit questionable... Maybe EX moves shouldn't be free like Lv1 supers during Desperation.

The Rage mechanic would take about as much effort as implementing a V skill mode. Though none of them all particularity hard to implement. Just others will take more code to implement it properly.

Let me brainstorm this for a couple days so I can
make my mind up on the system, your ideas do
sound interesting so ill be hitting you back soon
for some feedback.

well since I scrapped my denjin  ryu,might as well just throw this here,hades made it long time ago

Yo that's dope I'll use it in his lvl 1 thanks dude.

prtty cool looking indeed. Are u gonna give it your own touch or as pots did it with the fade in and out?.

ill probably use pots code to keep it similar to the one I already have finished up.