YesNoOk

Garnet from Steven Universe (W.I.P) (Read 6708 times)

Started by KingCorporeal, September 24, 2019, 12:23:23 am
Share this topic:
Garnet from Steven Universe (W.I.P)
#1  September 24, 2019, 12:23:23 am
    • USA
"This is Garnet. Back together."

Ah, my first sprite project! I'm a beginner spriter, and I'm using this character as a way to practice and improve my skills. However, I'm not going to be using that as an excuse for shoddy work! I'm really a beginner in M.U.G.E.N in general, so if someone could help me get started with stuff like posting and coding, I'd love to hear that. Anyways, enough about me; let's talk about Garnet.

Garnet is going to be a 3-button character with various specials and supers from the show. As you can see, the sprites are based on her appearance from Save the Light. I'll be using that as a base to start, and then I'll start making more sprites from scratch. Some of my plans for her moveset are a rapid-punch special, (mimicking her fight with the Lapis clone) a rocket punch super, and a Level 3 mimicking her final attack against Ringo.

I'm excited to be a part of this community, and I can't wait for this character to come to completion. WIsh me luck!
Re: Garnet from Steven Universe (W.I.P)
#2  September 24, 2019, 05:29:25 am
    • USA
Oh WOW That looks great.
Good luck with Garnet "in the future" ;)
#3  September 24, 2019, 05:52:28 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
hmmm... will keep a close eye, best of luck..

Don't be afraid to give more movement to your animations to give them more strength and life. Like the jab for example, seems to lack a little range and action. hope I didn't sound vague with that but neat start so far.
#4  September 24, 2019, 06:37:02 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Oh, always good to see someone working with their own sprites! Good luck!
#5  October 07, 2019, 06:57:44 am
    • USA
Good job, those looke welldone, . Once you get more done, come and chill with us in Battleborn, for ps4.
#6  October 07, 2019, 07:01:51 am
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA
Oh hey, that's pretty good, I wish you the best of luck with Garnet in the future and don't rush it ok? always take your time if needed

Don't think...obey
#7  November 02, 2019, 06:58:35 am
    • USA
Wow this looks really good! I like the stylization of it and the animations look really nice as well. I wonder if you plan on shading it in the future or not. In any case I hope to see more of it later on!