YesNoOk

Michelle Heart by Gladiacloud & Beximus released! (Read 29413 times)

Started by Gladiacloud, December 24, 2013, 08:59:35 pm
Share this topic:
Michelle Heart by Gladiacloud & Beximus released!
#1  December 24, 2013, 08:59:35 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
Gladiacloud here.

They were four months of hard work, but finally I and Beximus have completed our Capcom character:

MICHELLE HEART!

After years in which she was a simple assist character, now she has become a real full character!

Here are the screenshots of what awaits you:

(no spriteswap)

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u399eg
(01/18/14 update)

The character will appear in "Capcom Universe: Nexus of Heroes", the full game made by Beximus.

By the way, create sprites for this character was a real pain, but in the end we got what we wanted! To tell the truth, we would have to correct the length of her hair in some sprites, but we'll do this in the next update.

Now the question is: what will be the next character? You'll find out soon.

In the meantime, have fun ... and Merry Christmas from Gladiacloud!
Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 06:10:06 pm by Gladiacloud
Re: Michelle Heart by Gladiacloud & Beximus released!
#2  December 24, 2013, 09:10:23 pm
Merry Christmas to you too! Thanks for the present! :)

- The only thing I found is that the projectile shot in state 220 has a voice as its guardsound (sound 1,0 which is one of her voiceclips).
Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 09:32:51 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#3  December 24, 2013, 09:20:15 pm
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/bn6ymdvllj9lf/Mugen_Stages
Very good spritework.
Easy controls.
Solid gameplay.
Veredict: Excellent surprise! Thanks for share.  Santa couldn't do it better :)
#4  December 24, 2013, 09:31:41 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Firebird super whiffs if you're opponent is in the corner and you're close.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also I've noticed that some characters don't get hit with her ground projectile in the same conditions.

Bout all I got at the moment, since I got places to go today.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#5  December 24, 2013, 09:49:59 pm
Other feedback:
- if I perform the Psycho Flame Shots and the bullets "get hit" other Michelle clones will appear; you should check the nothitby, hitby, hitoverrides; that kind of stuff;
- after doing D,DF,F, 2 kicks (Sting of Ares), if I do a special move before landing (like Missile Launch), the background effect will stay for as long as you can perform the specials.

You can tell me if I made some grammar mistakes, I think I made some.
#6  December 24, 2013, 10:00:51 pm
  • Glorified Verison of a Pellet Gun
Her QCB+K 'flight' should be based on a global timer, since right now you can fly for an infinite amount of time as long as your throwing out random attacks.
#7  December 24, 2013, 10:03:34 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
About time that Michelle gets released. Downloading now.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#8  December 25, 2013, 12:35:28 am
    • Bulgaria
Congratulations for the release Gladiacloud . I know guy who also work on this wip past year and you remind me on him . Hope this will not be the last release :)
#9  December 25, 2013, 12:46:42 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Merry Christmas everyone!

I'll download and test!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#10  December 25, 2013, 06:31:44 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
thanks for the release, good job getting this done I have been following this project for a while.
#11  December 25, 2013, 06:54:55 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
I love you HAHAA

Finally the Michelle Heart \o/

This char gave me inspiration... I will finish my MvC1 styled Gallon soon Ç_ç
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome

DW

#12  December 25, 2013, 07:26:04 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
First, let me start by applauding you on you terrific spritework of her. Being only a striker from MvC 1, you clearly didn't have much to work with in terms of a base in that regard. She animates very well and I love how you paid attention to detail. Like with her c.MP/MK, she actually sets the gun down to perform those attacks. Great job.

Now, let's move onto the gameplay. While solid, it definitely needs to be improved upon...

-Your clsns are pretty unbalanced.

^This is just one of many examples. You can get the exact same result for her getting hit range with just 2 blues. Also, your red extends way too far back. That's like a cross up ground attack...? Your clsns shouldn't change between jumping frames, walking frames, (back)dashing, most basic actions. Use clsn constant and just cover the general areas of her. Applying width and all when necessary for attacks and the like. As shown with Roman55's feedback.

-Debug flood when performing her grab...

Also, why does it switch her ammunition type to the Twin Lasers automatically when performing this?

-All of your air projectiles that can be shot down at a 45 degree angle, should got to their hit anim when reaching ground level. Not continue traveling through the floor...

-Firebird super would be more effective if it had an alternate version for both ground and air versions. Respectively firing it up at a 45 degree angle grounded, while also being able to fire in down at a 45 degree angle while airborne.

-Basic physics are extremely loose and floaty. Even for a char such as this. She takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R to come down from super jumps. Her dashes feel really loose. Her basic walking speed feels a bit sluggish.

-Sting of Ares would look better for p2 if the remained on the ground while getting blasted. Looks strange to me that they pop up from getting shot, though she's shooting them down into the ground, while they're already on the ground from the initial dive kick attack.

I like how you kept her simple, yet effective. A lot of times with custom chars being made like this, the author usually goes overboard and gives the char unneeded/unwarranted abilities. I do suggest possibly adding another super that could involve the rockets she drops from her gun. Just an idea to give her something extra, but honestly it's not really needed. It' be nice to have that alternate angle firing on her barrage firing super though. Anyway, very well done overall. Great spritework, pretty solid gameplay. I look forward to updates on her and future releases from you. Thank you for the share.

Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 07:29:19 pm by DivineWolf
#13  December 25, 2013, 10:24:32 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
-Your clsns are pretty unbalanced.

^This is just one of many examples. You can get the exact same result for her getting hit range with just 2 blues. Also, your red extends way too far back. That's like a cross up ground attack...? Your clsns shouldn't change between jumping frames, walking frames, (back)dashing, most basic actions. Use clsn constant and just cover the general areas of her. Applying width and all when necessary for attacks and the like. As shown with Roman55's feedback.

The collision boxes of basic attacks are made by Beximus, he has work on .SFF and .AIR files while  I was working on the sprites.
#14  December 25, 2013, 10:33:49 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Beximus doesn´t post here too often so perhaps we could count on you by sending him the feedback regarding this character??

Really liking this character. It is really fun and the sprites are great, really liking how perfectly it resembles the MvC1 assist :)

Everything I could find has been pointed out.
Chilling
#15  December 25, 2013, 11:31:37 pm
  • Musician-Stage creator-Spriter-IFF Combat adviser.
    • Indonesia
    • www.youtube.com/user/EXmugen
WOooooooOW...! Never thought I'd see the day THIS would actually happen. Haven't logged in here a quite a while, but I had to say thanks for this character! I'd be cool to see the unknown soldiers get this treatment. Anyway, thanks again guys and congrats on her release!
#16  December 26, 2013, 06:17:41 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Here's hoping the other MvC assists be complete as Michelle is.
#17  December 26, 2013, 01:28:35 pm
    • www.ablsearch.com/gamingforum/
She is awesome.. Love the control,smooth game play and animation.. The best assist character I ever used.

Thanks for this perfect release!
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#18  December 26, 2013, 04:14:29 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
Michelle Heart updated in first post.
#19  December 26, 2013, 06:03:45 pm
I have no words ...... THANK YOU! is the best gift of Christmas
#20  December 29, 2013, 12:40:02 am
    • Portugal
Michelle is a amazing char, her gameplay is awesome , just like your dedication to bring her to life. thanks Gladiacloud and Beximus   :)