YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2612034 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#8681  May 13, 2018, 03:07:06 pm
  • Hi my name is Dave, i am a SFZ3 addicted
    • Brazil
I was kind of looking forward for Z to be released in west, too bad that never happened :\

If i recall correctly, the PC version of WO Z has a english patch.
#8682  May 14, 2018, 01:57:43 pm
Unofficial patches are not quite the same.
I have the Japanese version for pc, just rather had it for PS3 because pc version is even more buggy than PS3.
PC version somehow can't keep up with my killing spree either.
#8683  May 14, 2018, 02:45:29 pm
and if you look at warriors franchise, its a common thing (Xtreme Legends, Empires....).
IINM Empires and Xtreme Legends have different purposes,  DW8XL was focused only on Lu Bu's side of the story (and his daughter) and I think didn't even include the whole main story at all, and the Empire games are more focused on the strategy aspect. They're not expansions, they're actual different games, not like WO3 that had 2 big story expansions and Ultimate just piled all 3 parts of the story in one game.
I don't know if they did that too before, but I'm almost certain that for 8, they were legit different games (the PS4 went straight for a compilation with both vanilla and xl in one disk but not the PS3, IIRC, and vanilla alone didn't come out at all on ps4). Dunno about 7, I didn't play it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 02:51:54 pm by Byakko
#8684  May 14, 2018, 03:05:14 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon Official Trailer
#8685  May 15, 2018, 01:05:39 am
Hope Bloodstained will be good!

They're not expansions, they're actual different games, not like WO3 that had 2 big story expansions and Ultimate just piled all 3 parts of the story in one game.
I don't know if they did that too before, but I'm almost certain that for 8, they were legit different games (the PS4 went straight for a compilation with both vanilla and xl in one disk but not the PS3, IIRC, and vanilla alone didn't come out at all on ps4). Dunno about 7, I didn't play it.

Orochi Z was a compilation of both Orochi 1 and Orochi 2, with 2 supposed to be the Japanese Demon Reborn.
Demon Reborn mostly added the Orochi campaign and story of what actually happened before the leaders were captured.
Orochi's own campaign in Orochi 1was just him slaughtering his own kind, which was just laziness :|
So it kind of happened there.

Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 01:11:17 am by Rai Tei
#8686  May 15, 2018, 01:45:43 am
Yeah, that's what I said, 8 didn't do expansions but WO did and just made compilations.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8687  May 15, 2018, 02:06:26 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Good for those that didn't buy them at first like me.
#8688  May 15, 2018, 02:27:01 am
Yeah, that and it's even easier when they just have to port Ultimate to all the new consoles, like on Switch (still waiting for the European version of that, I really liked Ultimate's full story)
#8689  May 15, 2018, 03:35:27 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, that and it's even easier when they just have to port Ultimate to all the new consoles, like on Switch (still waiting for the European version of that, I really liked Ultimate's full story)

That was the magnum opus of the Orochi games, loved every aspect of it. Hate when people bad mouth warrior games, it's like okay we get it, no need to beat a dead horse about it.
#8690  May 15, 2018, 04:34:23 am
Well.... 9 does look like crap
Steam tries to remove anime tiddies
#8691  May 20, 2018, 10:53:29 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
So this is happening:
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/19/valve-sends-warnings-games-suggestive-content/
Several developers of visual novels and games with erotic content on Steam have recently been hit with warnings from Valve threatening to remove the games from the store unless the game is updated to remove said content. Affected developers include HuniePot (HuniePop), Lupiesoft (Mutiny!!), Illusion (VR Kanojo), Neko Works (Tropical Liquor), and more.

Several developers and publishers, including MangaGamer (Kindred Spirits), spoke out against Valve’s sudden change of mind. MangaGamer mentioned that they were wholly in the dark with the latest apparent policy shift, and that the game would never have appeared on Steam in the first place if they hadn’t confirmed it with Valve representatives.

Developer Lupiesoft protested the sudden move as an attack against visual novel makers, and pointed out perceived double standards in terms of what counted as sexual content, as games such as Grand Theft Auto and The Witcher 3 have not been hit with similar warnings.
Checking the featured comment of the article, it sounds like Valve is trying to back out on that.
New update: HuniePop's dev, Mangagamer (Kindred Spirits) and more got emails from Valve, saying they should completely disregard their previous emails and that this whole thing was just a mistake by Valve. Valve are re-evaluating numerous games.
#8692  June 08, 2018, 09:22:04 pm
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
#8693  June 09, 2018, 01:53:45 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
After 12 years the wait is finally over.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#8694  June 09, 2018, 07:17:33 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#8695  June 09, 2018, 08:37:48 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Zeus looks fun.
#8696  June 09, 2018, 01:10:38 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
For those interested in the recent happenings involving Steam, we have this official statement with regards to what's allowed on Steam:

http://archive.is/KtduG#selection-522.17-551.506

Key quote from the statement:

Steam said:
So we ended up going back to one of the principles in the forefront of our minds when we started Steam, and more recently as we worked on Steam Direct to open up the Store to many more developers: Valve shouldn't be the ones deciding this. If you're a player, we shouldn't be choosing for you what content you can or can't buy. If you're a developer, we shouldn't be choosing what content you're allowed to create. Those choices should be yours to make. Our role should be to provide systems and tools to support your efforts to make these choices for yourself, and to help you do it in a way that makes you feel comfortable.

With that principle in mind, we've decided that the right approach is to allow everything onto the Steam Store, except for things that we decide are illegal, or straight up trolling.

In other words, those censorous chucklefucks that want Steam to censor stuff they do not like can go fuck themselves and fuck off. And I couldn't agree more with Steam's statement. I hope they remain committed to their words.

Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#8697  June 09, 2018, 02:19:41 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Starless on Steam WHEN?
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#8698  June 09, 2018, 05:44:39 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
More of WO4
#8699  June 11, 2018, 03:32:32 am
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
#8700  June 11, 2018, 03:36:36 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada