YesNoOk

Have Team Members Stand in Background like old KOF games (Read 3644 times)

Started by Austonishing1, September 17, 2017, 09:37:13 am
Share this topic:
Have Team Members Stand in Background like old KOF games
#1  September 17, 2017, 09:37:13 am
  • MUGEN noob 5 years strong
  • I don't know what the hell I'm doing
    • USA
Hello everyone! I'm sure you all know that in the old King of Fighters games your teammates would stand in the background cheering you on.

I can tell that it's kind of possible in Mugen due to a KOF '98 Geese I have that has a feature like this. Mr. Big and Krauser stand in the background when he's chosen for the P1 side, while Yamazaki and Billy Kane do the same for the P2 side. This Geese version also includes the sprites for all of the other KOF '98 characters when they're on the sidelines, but they aren't used.

My roster is strictly CVS styled characters, so I really wanted to add this feature to them when doing 3 member turn battles. If it's possible to get the feature to work fully, can anyone show me how?
Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 09:43:31 am by kn1ght
Re: Have Team Members Stand in Background like old KOF games
#2  September 17, 2017, 12:40:16 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Look in you Geese, and check out state 5900, and maybe his intro states. He should be using a check to see what player he is to find out what teammates to post.

You'll be looking to use
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/numpartner-triggers-169840.0.html
and
partner in http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/trigger-redirection-cns-168959.0.html

You're going to have to do some work to get everything to flow smoothly. I think the first problem is going to be palettes. I'm not sure you'll be able to use the actual characters' sprites, so everything will have to be in ALL of the players. The second big issue would be the jump-in once P1 is dead. If the background guy is still in the background, and then he jumps in, it's going to look bad.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Re: Have Team Members Stand in Background like old KOF games
#3  October 02, 2017, 03:31:49 am
  • MUGEN noob 5 years strong
  • I don't know what the hell I'm doing
    • USA
The Geese didn't have anything under 5900, so that's unfortunate. Also, since I would playing it in Turns mode, the background characters would switch when the one character is defeated. With Geese that's how it worked, when playing with him in Turns mode his background characters just disappeared.