Started by RedDragonCats17, March 15, 2018, 05:04:07 am
Share this topic:
MegaMan Zero
#1  March 15, 2018, 05:04:07 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
Hi guys, if you saw my help thread, you'd probably know this already. If not, then I am working on MegaMan Zero for a full game.

I decided to work on him because I got nothing to work on when it comes to MUGEN content until my dad recovers my old MUGENs. So far, he's coming together thanks to the help of Trololo, Henry, and Ryon.

My goal for this character is to make him like his source games, and at the same time make him MUGEN friendly as well. He has no guard, no crouching attacks, no nothing. He will not wall jump as well, unless if I could make a fighting game wall jump useful against the bosses of this game. He also has a Omega Zero mode.

Zero will not have a whole lot of his extra weapons from the MMZ games, mostly because I want to balance things with Zero and the MMX 32-bit cast, such as Maverick Hunter Zero. If you guys have suggestions for 1 extra weapon, let me know. Omega Zero will use the same button as regular Zero's extra weapon for his ground punch.

Questions that'll probably be asked:

- Will Zero be released to the open public?

Maybe, that depends on how much demand I get for releasing him. Then again, my recommendation is to get Redline's MegaMan Zero. That one is the most balanced version when it comes to using MMZ sprites.

- Will he have the same A.I as Omega Zero in MMZ3/MMZX?

Probably not. Omega Zero's A.I was ridiculous in the games, especially with his healing factor in MMZX. If you want a Omega Zero with the same A.I, just go for N64Mario's. Warning, SERIOUSLY not a MUGEN friendly character. I paired him with Shikkoku's X4 Zero, and although X4 Zero can attack you as if there's no tomorrow, Omega Zero still beat him with high damage.

- Why does Zero have Omega's aura?

I made a variable for Omega Zero to separate him from regular Zero as another character, like POTS' Ryu or Warusaki3's Ken with their evil forms, just in case there IS enough demand for Zero to be released. I used the variable on Omega's aura shadow, and apparently it doesn't work.

- Do you even plan on making the MMX cast?

Here's the deal. I'd like to, but the thing is, I never played the games. If they were to make the games available through a digital purchase (like on Steam or any other store), then I'll play them and see which attacks of X and Zero are best for me.

I'll probably be lazy and not work on Zero like my other creations, but we'll see what happens.
Re: MegaMan Zero
#2  March 23, 2018, 11:47:28 pm
    • USA
I forgot to tell you this, if Zero does get enough demand for a public release, he will have a few modifications on him.

- The first modification is the most obvious, his size. To make him more MUGEN friendly, Zero will be twice as big as his default size, but his default size is also available if, again, there is enough demand.

- Zero will have auto turn so that, again, he'll be MUGEN friendly.

- Omega Zero will have a separate DEF file, since N64Mario's is freakin' insane, and Redline's cannot be separated. I thought I'd take matters into my own hands and make a more balanced Omega Zero.

- He will have a few more sprites in his SFF, specifically for throws such as Ryu's throw.

I also forgot to tell you how Omega is going to function. Omega is going to be similar to Model OX from when you activate the thingy. Although his ground sword beam uses the X button when you're crouching, his air sword beam will use the Z button so that Omega can keep his somersault slash. Omega will do his ground punch projectile when you crouch and use Z, and when you charge it he'll do his pillar.

Speaking of sword beams, both Zero and Omega Zero have their ground sword beams right now. I just gotta find a way to disable Up as the jump button and use it for Zero's rising slash, I plan on doing his thrust later on, as I want Zero to go straight down when he's doing it, like the source (I think he goes straight down, it's been a while since I played MMZ3).
Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 12:11:16 am by RedDragonCats17
#3  March 31, 2018, 01:41:47 am
    • USA
Decided to give you guys a small update, because fuck it. Zero now has his Buster Gun and Recoil Rod as a part of his moveset. I did rehearse this showcase and I did do the sword beam, but I guess I forgot to do it when I recorded this.

Also, I need a little help on something. When I cancel Zero's dash into his jump, the after image that I implemented into his dash is.... stuck? Idk what term to use, but you'll see what I mean later on in the video. I also need help with his dash attack. At the near end of the video, you'll see that Zero is able to spam his dash attack, when I don't want him to use it again after the attack. How do I fix both of these?

Code:
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
;Dash Slash
[State -1, Single Slash]
type = ChangeState
value = 500
triggerall = command = "x"
trigger1 = statetype != A
trigger1 = stateno = [100, 101]

This is how I coded the command for Zero's dash slash.

One last thing, I feel like Zero's damage is gonna make him a little cheap, as he does a whopping 57 damage for EVERY ATTACK. It may be kinda stupid, but I need suggestions.
#4  April 04, 2018, 11:12:54 pm
    • USA
Another update on Zero. All of his air attacks are in, and 2 of Omega's special attacks are done, it's just a matter of making charge attacks for Zero and disabling Up for the jump button and replacing it with A, so that making one of Zero's special attacks will be easy.

Also, Zero does have more problems with his dash after image.

So... I guess I'll just make some help pages, and while I wait, maybe I'll work on Aile, Vent, and Rock (classic MegaMan). Then again, I might just play Complex Doom Invasion or some of the games I installed from Steam (Shantae). Who knows?
#5  April 04, 2018, 11:28:40 pm
    • USA
Or I might make a Idea Engineering post. Idk.