YesNoOk

Photobucket, what...?? (Read 49335 times)

Started by Xenomic, July 01, 2017, 09:01:40 am
Share this topic:
Photobucket, what...??
#1  July 01, 2017, 09:01:40 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
So, I just noticed this today with my avatar's image being not the usual "Cannot find image" thing (for whatever reason) and being something else entirely. And so I went to my site, just to check some things and noticed...a lot of my images are just not available anymore. They're THERE, but they're not there. Turns out Photobucket is being even MORE crappier than usual...

Like seriously??? Now you're going to make people PAY to show images on sites now? Like...normally I wouldn't even bother bringing up topics like this at all, but this is just...wtf. I'm just wondering if anyone else that uses the site still has noticed this at all with images and the like.

EDIT - Worst part is, it's not even all images, it's just most of them, and pretty random at that. Like what??? Why??? Yes, I realize I could probably move anything that I use on Photobucket to elsewhere and whatnot, but christ the coding fixing I'll have to do for each of my site's pages....

EDIT #2 - OHO!! Best part is, they pretty much block the image out with that message, so even if you WANTED to view it and save it, NOPE! It's blocked behind a paywall now!!!
Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 09:18:57 am by Xenomic
Re: Photobucket, what...??
#2  July 01, 2017, 09:14:28 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
It's a major blow, sure, but now I finally have a reason to fully migrate to imgur.

Could be worse.
#3  July 01, 2017, 09:15:46 am
    • USA
I mean, I would go to imgur, that's where I've been storing some images lately, but there's a looooot of stuff I have over at Photobucket, and the best part? I can't even SEE the images IN MY OWN LIBRARY because it covers it up with that text. I don't even think I can properly view it to save them, so WELP! And transferring everything from my site over to imgur and fixing links is going to be a nightmaaaaare....
#4  July 01, 2017, 11:07:45 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
i have years worth of images too :(
#5  July 01, 2017, 11:34:08 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
To me photocrap have always been borderline.
I used it a long time ago because it was simple.
I definitly deleted all my account and stuff when they start to fuck up around 2010-2012 or something.
I'm very glad not to use this crap anymore.
This update just confirm how much they are just a total nonsense. Money, money, and money again...
#6  July 01, 2017, 12:46:18 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
I made the switch from PhotoBucket to Imgur a long time ago after noticing their bad business practices, and also because Imgur is quicker and free.

To those who lost their photos and avatars because of PhotoBucket, I hope you can recover and get everything back on track.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#7  July 01, 2017, 05:18:07 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Yeah, I jumped to imgur fully a couple years ago.

Most of what doesn't show now for me is old mugen screenshots which I don't care to relink, not like anyone's missing anything there. I still have most of if not everything I uploaded on my comp somewhere

I do have to reupload a bunch of sigs though which is a pain in the ass though.
Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 05:35:07 pm by Orochi Gill
#8  July 01, 2017, 08:19:13 pm
contact them.
explain to them that your pictures album is very important to you. tell them that you don't have a backup of them anywhere and that you regret trusting them with your most prized possessions. also, tell them that the pictures are in fact your property and locking you away from them is just as bad as ransoming them.
"if you want to restore my good faith in you, please return all of my pictures to me in a compressed file and email it to me. only then i would consider paying you money for hosting my pictures."
and probably include your username or something.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 08:29:13 pm by Gennos
#9  July 01, 2017, 08:50:49 pm
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
Well Not only photobucket but some image hosting like Imageshack turned into paid services, sadly...
I personally use deviantart to host images, and their host (sta.sh) to upload temporary images...
#10  July 01, 2017, 08:54:30 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
sad...

#11  July 01, 2017, 10:01:00 pm
    • Germany
It Seems that Parts of the site are not working right now, maybe it's just me, if not then something is wrong right now. ö.ö
#12  July 01, 2017, 10:54:52 pm
    • USA
Going around to save each and every thing I have (I know of the method of doing it, but it's so cumbersome. Go to image, click on the magnifying glass, and that should make it show up properly...if the site works right. Then just Right Click > View Image, and then save) is going to be extra cumbersome. I mean, I COULD just go straight to my MUGEN characters and get the animations I need that way, but either which way I'm going to have to reupload a good portion of sprites and animations. I'd put them on my MFG site here but uh...still having troubles getting thing to work because I'm dumb with it hue. T-T

But yeah, this is literally blackmail at this point with them...
#13  July 02, 2017, 01:14:04 am
i forgot i'm using photobucket lol. what's the purpose of that site now? they just signed a death warrant for just a few hundred bucks.
#14  July 02, 2017, 01:47:39 am
eh, and I thought with all the adds things I was seeing that I got malwhere lol, give em a week and they will revert the changes, when traffic drops off.
#15  July 02, 2017, 03:45:56 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I'm gonna miss my Spiderwoman avatar.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#16  July 02, 2017, 04:12:06 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Don't really have important pics but I still wouldn't want to lose what I do have. Going to have to transfer what I can to another place. Sane with my mediafire stuff since it's been getting a little too dangerous to use.
#17  July 02, 2017, 04:34:35 am
    • USA
What's going on with Mediafire now?? I don't like the sounds of that since I use that to host my RPG Maker game and MUGEN stuff and the like...
#18  July 02, 2017, 04:38:58 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Luckily I moved to imgur long time ago and I'm thinking I should open a OneDrive account too to keep my MUGEN stuff in there now.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#19  July 02, 2017, 11:57:08 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
What's going on with Mediafire now?? I don't like the sounds of that since I use that to host my RPG Maker game and MUGEN stuff and the like...
Apparently Mediafire isn't doing a good job scanning their ads since I hear people have been getting viruses from there.
#20  July 02, 2017, 01:52:10 pm
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
I think from this point we should add a filter like Valve did to Mediafire in Steam, lately I am getting scared of that site even my adblock can´t prevent theirs aggressive ads for this reason I prefer using servers like Google Drive and Onedrive.

About Photobucket, I never used this site since I always use Imgur but thanks god I didn´t use Photobucket since they changed to an unfair strategy.